Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

what were the official sale's numbers? big BDT fan!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Batman: Dark Tomorrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the scarecrow

PostPosted: Dec Thu 25, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: what were the official sale's numbers? big BDT fan!! Reply with quote

you guys know how great i think this game is......it is the definitive serios Batman game and i play it all the time still......curious as to what the sales numbers were like....i know that due to the anal reviewers that are everywhere many of them played the game for 2 minutes and then picked up a pen and slammed it. if they were real Bat fans and gave the game some time to get used to it and appreciate the nuances and brilliance of the games it would have fared much better. the game has issues but you get used to the camera pretty quickly and the game is incredible, imo.

anyway, curious of the numbers though i know they were low......sad.......
View users profile Send private message
Phlibbit

PostPosted: Dec Thu 25, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, considering the fact that the discounted copies at EB Games and Gamestop still have the exclusive comic book logo on them (which was only supposed to be for it's first print run), I think it STILL hasn't sold through its original print run. I love this game to death as well, and I wish others could see how awesome it is.
the scarecrow

PostPosted: Dec Fri 26, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, y'know, if its any consolation to BDT makers Ubi Soft's Rise of Sin Tzu has already been chopped down to $19.99 (and was about 2 months after it was releases!) evidently it didn't do well either. Ubi should have stuck with the Vengeance style. a Batman beat em up just doesn't at all capture the nuances of The Batman...they should take the engine of a stealth game and do it Batman style. i never play ROST. i play Vengeance on occasion and its decent but Batman Dark Tomorrow is easily the king though many don't realize it!! it baffles me that true Batman fans can't get used to the camera (which is pretty easily done after a few minutes of playing) and realize the brilliance of Dark Tomorrow. if anyone at Kemco other than Tom reads these posts i again applaud you for what is my favorite game of all time! i have a copy i play and also a sealed copy, both for the GC...heck, might even pick up a xbox copy. its worth it to me!!
Clowman213

PostPosted: Jan Thu 29, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Sin Tzu tripled BDT in sales. I have all three Batman titles available on GC, and they're my favorite games (with Superman SoA in 4th place). The reviews done by users on IGN and Gamespot have been very positive, recieving an 7.5 or higher. BDT only recieved a 3.5 by the editors of IGN and a 4.4 from users. I bought Sin Tzu at $39.99 and it came with a cool litho of Batman and Sin Tzu done by Jim Lee. It's a good game, especially the two-player co-op mode. While the story won't ever reach the depth of BDT, I still think all the Bat games on GCN are very fun.
If you commit crimes under his watch....
Prepare to be damned....
By The Batman
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Batman: Dark Tomorrow All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum