Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Curious about Lagoon...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: May Fri 30, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Curious about Lagoon... Reply with quote

Does Kemco own the rights to the title, or does Seika (wherever they went) retain them? I'd love to see the title republished on the GBA, with a sequel on GAMECUBE.
View users profile Send private message
acidmagic

PostPosted: Jun Sun 22, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i´d love to see Lagoon on the GBA too.
I never thought about the rights, though. Good question, Coarse Limely
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Jul Mon 07, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clue, then, Kemco?
Kemco_Tom

PostPosted: Jul Tue 08, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coarse, I think someone else currently owns the Shadowgate license - but I will ask around and see what the "official, has a clue" answer is icon_wink.gif

TK
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Jul Wed 09, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yeah. Infinite Ventures obviously owns the Shadowgate liscence, since Kemco isn't publishing the PDA title. My question was about Lagoon, one of the coolest action-RPGs to ever grace a console. Super Nintendo, in fact.
Kemco_Tom

PostPosted: Jul Thu 10, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, right, I meant to type Lagoon - must have had Shadowgate on the mind. And I do remember Lagoon and all the other cool SNES games from my NOA days quite well, thank you very much. But your rather sarcastic jab is duly noted icon_wink.gif

TK
joel

PostPosted: Aug Fri 15, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: plz Reply with quote

please kamco make more lagoon games
joel

PostPosted: Aug Fri 15, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: lagoon Reply with quote

Coarse Limely wrote: I'd love to see the title republished on the GBA, with a sequel on GAMECUBE.

mee to!
acidmagic

PostPosted: Sep Fri 19, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not really understand what´s keeping Kemco from publishing a new Lagoon.
Early 90s players, which are nowadays the ones acquiring all the games and are in my opinion, the ones behind the videogame boom of today, remember dearly Lagoon as a great game, with a fantastic soundtrack.
So it wasn´t a super pop hit like Zelda or Chrono Cross, but it sure has its audience - and a really close one.
Nostalgia is one of marketing`s greatest weapons - use it. And therefore, risks will be minimized if a new Lagoon is a well made and built game, that all of today´s players will love, because it will make them remember about that one great game 10 years ago... and those players happen to be the ones buying all of the games off the store shelves today.
Viderum

PostPosted: Oct Fri 03, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: is it just me? Reply with quote

or does someone atleast once a week request a lagoon port/sequel why doesn't kemco do one (even if it ends up being half assed) and get it over with damn
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Oct Fri 03, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have faith in Kemco. Perhaps they'll provide a massive explosion of fantasy adventure/RPG's after their current projects are finished. Lagoon should be at least in the mix as a GBA port, if something of that magnitude were to happen.
acidmagic

PostPosted: Nov Wed 05, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe. The do have been playing around with RPGs on the GBA lately.
Maybe once they get a better grip on them, a large line-up of RPGs could well be announced.
ghandiwannabe@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Jan Mon 12, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Lagoon and what I think Reply with quote

I am surprised to see people speaking highly of Lagoon. Reviews on many websites put down Lagoon pretty hard, yet I think it is safe to say that Lagoon has at least a cult following. I always liked Lagoon over The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past because the world was more expansive (and less dungeon-crawling), the music was very well done (I always liked how the church music sounded like real organs), and the magic system seemed a lot more... well... magical (combining crystals with staves appeals to me more than using various items that achieve little in power and visual splendor). I'm still a fan of being able to jump around; it makes the game more real, because how awesome can a hero be if he can't do what I can? Well, that's my take on Lagoon.
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Jan Mon 12, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world was more expansive, yes, but it was a lot more linear than Zelda's. Both games have different strong points, though. Lagoon is more like the Ys series, as I said in another topic about the game. Ys is making a comeback to the USA later this year, thanks to Konami. I think Kemco should step up to the plate and revive Lagoon with a GBA port and a GAMECUBE sequel. The games should take advantage of the GBA-GAMECUBE connectivity, of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum