Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I made a FAQ. All questions, check here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Batman: Dark Tomorrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Oct Thu 30, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: I made a FAQ. All questions, check here. Reply with quote

I'm going to post this at gamefaqs.com. I credited some of you guys here, alot of this stuff I gleaned from this board, alot I figured out myself. Anyone else wants to be credited, let me know.

(bluemanadrop is my gamefaqs name.)
Batman: Dark Tomorrow FAQ by bluemanadrop, v 1.0, October 30th, 2003.

This is not a full on walkthrough, but rather an answer to the questions that constantly arise on message boards for Batman: Dark Tomorrow. These should help you finish the game.

Q: How do I get across the building tops in the beginning of the game? I keep falling!
A: You should be using the bat grapple. You can use this even after jumping. You should probably shoot it once while you're on the ledge of the building you're leaving, and then ascend up a ways. If you can't reach the next building by flipping off, simply jump off and use the grapple again. 2 jumps should be enough to reach any building.

Q: I keep getting shot to death in the turf war! What do I do?
A: When you turn a corner and get instantly filled full of holes, this is a red flag...FIND ANOTHER WAY. You can't run headlong into a hail of bullets. All of the areas in the turf war can be reached by alternate venues. Try going down another alleyway.

Q: I'm in the warehouse district, I just cuffed a bunch of guys and can't find a way out, what do I do?
A: There should be two cars in this alley. Get on the car on the far right and flip jump at the fence, and pull yourself over. It looks like a long shot, but you're actually able to reach this fence. (Thanks to the knight.)

Q: I found a door but the utility tool doesn't work on it, what do I do?
A: The utility tool is used on relatively few doors. You know when it's usable because a gauge will appear when you activate it. If it doesn't work, you either can't go through this door, or you need a key. (Arkham Asylum is the only place where you will need keys.)

Q: Where is Commissioner Gordon's office? I'm on a ledge with nowhere to go.
A: It's on the right side, about 3 flights below you. It's open, you can walk right in.

Q: How do I get out of Talbot Factory?
A: There is a ventilation shaft to the right of the office with the broken windows. Jump up and grab it. (Thanks to gothamsavior)

Q: How do I get out of the sewers? I'm in a room with crocodiles and 3 levers on the wall.
A: Pull only the middle lever. This should open things up on the far right. Others have said to pull the first and the third, you'll notice different combinations leaving the gate on the far right open. This is the room where you want to get to.

Q: Killer Croc keeps drowning me! What do I do?
A: The only way I've seen of getting out of this attack is to rotate the sticks. (Thanks to Phlibbit) What worked for me in beating him was holding slightly away from him on the analog and simply kicking, not attempting any combos.

Q: I beat Killer Croc, now what do I do? I can't go anywhere else!
A: Search his body. You'll now have the key to the cell where you left the nurse, and she gives you a clearance card to get you to other areas of Arkham Asylum. You want to go back out into the main hallway and take the second door down on the right, and go through here to find the locked door.

Q: I'm in a room with two nurses and there's nowhere to go! What do I do?
A: Crouch in front of them and press A.

Q: I'm in a room with a guard being strangled by a plant, and can't go past, what do I do?
A: Go to your left and into the basement. Beat up the plant. Then go back.

Q: Poison Ivy's keeps wrecking me! What do I do?
A: Spray the defoliant and Poison Ivy will say "No, my baby!". Now run up to the plant and start wailing on it with combos. You only have to do this a few times.

Q: The hang glider is the most annoying thing ever! How do I do this without losing control?
A: Okay, this will seem extremely difficult at first but once you figure out what to do, it's easy. When you cross into a dark section near the very beginning, you'll know the one, because it's between two long sections of ice, the wind will start to blow. Simply nudge lightly down on the analog. If you don't press down, you'll lose control and fall. All you need to do is press down. Now just do a little but of maneuvering around the cliff sides and pretty soon you'll see another opening, and the wind will start to blow again. Make sure you push down lightly again, and then move back up and you'll be over one of Ra's' guards. Press A and drop the glider.

Q: I'm stuck outside Ra's' castle getting shot at! How do I get in?
A: On the right side of the castle, find a ledge with a gun turret on it, you'll see it directly above you. Use the bat grapple, and then flip over it and go in. (Thanks to Kemco_Tom)

Q: Still in Ra's' castle. Now I'm stuck in a courtyard area with a hundred guys shooting at me, where do I go?
A: Directly to the left of the door you came out (Batman's left, but it will be on the right when the camera shifts) is the door you want. However, you can't go in if anyone sees you. Best to hang in a corner and take out all the guards and cuff them first. Make sure to have that medikit ready.

Q: How do I get the good ending?
A: When you come to the room filled with 4 demon heads, save it here. Ra's is in the third one. If you beat him without going into the 4th room and deactivating the doomsday device, you'll get a bad ending, where the world is flooded. The first two rooms have the Lazarus Pit and a hidden music CD.

Q: How do I deactivate the doomsday device?
A: Fall into the center and you'll be underneath it. Find the front of the terminal and use the utility tool.

Q: What is the difference between the Xbox and Gamecube versions?
A: The Xbox version is a subpar port of the Gamecube original, even though they both released the same week. On the Xbox version, Batman's cape doesn't move as well and the controls are even harder to manipulate. Also, defeated enemies have a quicker recovery time. On the flip side, Batman has more animations during a combo on the Xbox version. Also, the Xbox version has no extras, the Gamecube version has music and artwork to unlock. (Thanks to Batman1989)

Thanks to gothamsavior from gamefaqs, Batman1989, the knight, Phlibbit and Kemco_Tom from the Kemco boards.

This FAQ copyright bluemanadrop, 2003.
Batman is copyright of DC Comics. Batman: Dark Tomorrow is copyright of Kemco games, 2003.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address

PostPosted: Oct Thu 30, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I just realized "the knight" deserves credit on the ending question as well. I have to wait until gamefaqs posts my guide to edit it over there though. Does "the knight" still post?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address

PostPosted: Feb Thu 19, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good except one problem:it doesn't help me at all.i'm stuck in Ra's courtyard and you tell me to sneak around and take all the guards out?ha! thats a good one,because it's impossible to me.there are what:10 or 11 guards?ALL IN DIFFERENT PLACES.tell me how i can actually sneak around without being caught.....just tell me that icon_evil.gif
Maniac

PostPosted: Mar Tue 16, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should add the places where you can find sketchbooks and music. I finished playing through the game today and only found 4 cds and 4 disks. I'm so dissapointed in myself. I heard there were like 19 sketchbooks in total (although there were supposed to be 20) and 18 cds but I'm probably wrong.

Well anyways I'll post here the locations I remember.

CDs

1. Beginning of Gazette square right behind starting point.
2. Towards ending of Gazette square right in front left of wall of flames blocking end of street.
3. Beginning of entrance to Talbot warehouse right behind starting point behind right platform.
4. Inside sewers in big water drain. Batgrapple up to get it.

Sketchbooks.

1. Gazette square inside a store mid level. Buiding interior is on fire, hit the fire system to put out flames.
2. Talbot factory interior first floor. Area is blocked off you have to climb up on the conveor belt (which is located next to the hydrolic press) then climb on top of the machenery and follow it to the back wall. Disk is on floor, jump down to get it then jump back up onto machenery to get back.
3. First level in sewers, not far from starting point, mild exploration will find it.
4. Ra's castle interor after disabling doomsday device loacted in the far right demon's mouth path, the only path out will take you straight to the sketchbook.

I also heard there was a cd in in the lazarus pits. I didn't inspect that area so there very well could be.

So c'mon everyone post where they found those secrets!

-Maniac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Batman: Dark Tomorrow All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum