Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Rogue Opportunity
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grubby long johns

PostPosted: Jan Fri 16, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about adding a knock out gas grenade. It would be a cool area effect weapon that would not make any noise and can be absorbed into the air within 10 seconds so Nikki can safely get past. As a downside some guards can have respirators on and if Nikki gets in the gass cloud SHE goes to sleep.
en pointe girl

PostPosted: Jan Sat 31, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about adding Secondary Objectives. These missions DONT have to be accomplished like the primary does. They would be fun as a mission replay to go back and complete any secondary that was not done. The secondary missions can NOT be accomplished if Nikki is spotted ( code red ) or a body Nikki didnt hide was discovered. This would be a nice bonus to anybody who stays stealthy.
For Example:
Primary Mission: Break into main bank vault steal bonds
Secondary Mission(s): 1 Break into smaller vault steal secret plans
2 Plant listening device in main conference room
( done with a fly cam )
3 Download virus CD into main computer room
The main vault,secondary vault,conference room,and computer room are all on different areas and levels of the bank. I started to play SOCOM and the secondary missions are so much fun that I am replaying missions just so I can accomplish them all. Rogue Ops should consider secondary missions also
Jagermeister

PostPosted: Feb Wed 04, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki needs more places to do the Hide in Shadows and to do the real sexy Tightrope Tiptoe
NikkiConnors

PostPosted: Feb Fri 06, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading a virus CD into a main computer room would be fun
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
en pointe girl

PostPosted: Feb Sat 07, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got the idea from Bridget Fonda movie.
fat ninja

PostPosted: Mar Sun 28, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about an all traps mission ? It would not be based on stealth or fighting. Nikki could break into an unguarded embassy but have to deal with a bratty "Home Alone" kid who get to torment Nikki with impromptu traps and tricks. Use of the VISOR and carefull movement will get Nikki past an assortment of slippery oil, sticky glue,silly string webs,trap doors,banana peels,heavy objects,flying projectiles...ect.
Rogue

PostPosted: Jul Sat 10, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. "You're a ruthless bastard, Jacobson!"

Definitely keep the same voice actress. The voice acting in this game was B movie bad- and I mean that in a good way! It essentially made the game a kind of guilty pleasure on par with the best hokey cable movie. Seriously, if it hadn't been for this, and the game had tried to take itself too seriously (like most games today), it would not have been nearly as much fun. I figure anybody can make a generic save-the-world game, but the market is wide open for games that know they're a B movie and let you in on the joke.

2. Turn the girl loose.

It's funny that an early idea was for her to be a thief, because my favorite levels (Forsythe; Magyar; Stauffer) actually had me thinking this about her. I'd definitely like to see Nikki working solo, infiltrating 'impregnable' fortresses for her own motives.

3. "Oops!"

It would also be interesting to see her turn on Phoenix and attack it head on- perhaps making her own moral judgement that the wrong people had gained control after the events of Rogue Ops. (Think Bond deciding to take down MI6 and having to infiltrate into the heart of it!)

You could also have Phoenix's enemies attempting to use this to their advantage and attempting to ally with Nikki and/or capitalize on her reckless decisions. Essentially, Nikki could end up crippling Phoenix AND be forced to confront new threats that emerge as a result of it. And all of this could occur in just the first half of the game!

Let's see Sam Fisher do that! icon_smile.gif

4. 'Splinter Cell-lite' be damned.

This was a fun stealth game. I'd even go so far as to say it's the most fun I've had playing one since Splinter Cell made stealth all the rage. I'd like to see more levels that you can finish without ANYONE knowing you had been there- BUT that can also be played by just running and gunning your way through. I also hope the stealth kill system remains- it's creative and one of the best yet. It's just more satisfying when you actually have to work to pull it off- as opposed to just pushing a button. It would also be cool to have 2-3 different paths through a level- each with their own set of puzzles and challenges.
View users profile Send private message
ChrisR

PostPosted: Jul Sat 31, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see a sequel as well. I would only ask for a few minor improvements:

First, A Finite number of bad guys per level. The bad guys of the infinitly spawning variety just get annoying. If I've cleared the bad guys in my section and hid their bodies, I shouldn't have to really worry about three more spawning from nowhere, or coming from a closed section that i had previously cleared.

Second: Buttons for attacking and jumping. I think it's really rather tedious and a bit silly to have to play some little time based challenge in order for Nikki to KO a bad guy. Why can't she just sneak up behind him and Pow, down he goes? Also, jumping and climbing I think are a must. Imagine the level complexity you could do if Nikki could jump, grab on to, and climb on top of stuff.

Siezing weapons from downed bad guys is almost a staple of this type of game. If Nikki is in some sort of prison, and can KO a guard, she should be able to take his weapon, ammo, and security card if he has them.

More stealth missions, where it is basically impossible to run and gun without being killed. Perhaps some of these missions could require that no one is killed, and some sort of stun weapons could be used to incapacitate the bad guys.

Finally, please lose the big red "Game Over". A simple option screen to retry or save and quit screen would be much more welcome to those of us who tend to mess up quite a bit.
ChrisR

PostPosted: Jul Sat 31, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot. Clothes. You could have so much fun with clothes. Just think of the possibilities. Perhaps a level where Nikki has been captured and has to sneak around in her underwear after a medical examination in order to even find her clothes. Or maybe a simple lab coat just won't do, and Nikki has to actually change clothes in order to disguise herself. She may even need to remove the visor, as the bad guys might just be looking for a woman wearing it, and don't really know what she looks like.
ChrisR

PostPosted: Aug Sun 01, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there is a way to get around certain elements in the first game. The Sequel could take place several years after the first game. Nikki could be the new Mission commander. The Playable character could be a new female agent. That way, the controls could easily be changed to take advantage of the abilities of this new character. In opposition to Nikkis all business demeanor, the new character could be more relaxed, and a bit sarcastic.

The new characters main specialty could be espionage. In other words, she sneaks in and steals or copies stuff. The big red buttons could go away in favor of usable computers, light switches, and other objects. Nikki could hide on a ceiling in the first game, but wasn't able to drop onto a bad guy for a quick KO. Maybe this new character can. as well as doing the stuff I suggested in my posts above. Seriously, you can have all kind of fun with this concept, and knowing what's in other popular infiltration games, you could really take this to a whole new level.
ChrisR

PostPosted: Aug Sun 01, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just played through again for fun. I swear, this game is just so close to greatness that it's unbelievable. You guys can't just leave it alone. We need a sequel.
CeeFour

PostPosted: Aug Wed 18, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha,
Just got the game and on level 6 (agent), PLEASE Kemco, make a sequel!! This is the most fun I've had since playing Beyond Good and Evil. True, this isn't Splinter Cell, but it's way more fun than Metal Gear Solid. I love the stealth kills, once I got my technique down, (and being 54, I'll take any technique I can get!) and the pop- out from the corner shots are the best of any game I've ever played! I really like the puzzle solving nature of the game. Several times when I was stuck I've just kept trying different approaches, and viola, figured it out. Even the vaunted "twirl the stick safe combos" became a lot eaiser after focusing on doing the complete movement. This is a VERY COOL stealth game and I'll get in line for a sequel! More Nikki Connors!!!!
DM3

PostPosted: Aug Sat 21, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sequel with the added ability to engage in hand to hand combat when an enemy is aware of you would be awesome. Messing up a stealth kill on the unarmed prison level only to discover that Nikki couldn't punch or kick was a bit of a suprise.
gbur02

PostPosted: Sep Mon 20, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: need a rogue ops sequel Reply with quote

I think a sequel should be made its too good a game to not have a sequel, also the game ends on such a point that yu can not just abandone the gamer at that point. You gave us a cliff hanger to make us want to play the sequel, now make one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum