Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Us slow oldies still like games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dick Johnson

PostPosted: May Tue 11, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Us slow oldies still like games Reply with quote

I am 58 years old and disabled. I recently purchased a Game Boy Advance SP as a means to occupy my time. Due to limited use of my hands, but exercise being good for them, I thought puzzle type games would be lots of fun.

I purchased Boulder Dash EX, thinking the puzzle format would be just right. I didn’t realize at the time that you had written the game with an emphasis on “speed” rather than “puzzle”. While you can increase the time on the EX game to a whole 3 minutes, there is no way to increase the time on the Classic game.

Compare this with Super Collapse II by Majesco. While there is still the clock driven Tetris type game there are ALSO STRATEGY AND PUZZLE games that do NOT have a clock. Wow – the best of both worlds.

The people in my age group were the first to start feeding quarters into the machines – and we still enjoy playing the games. We don’t, however, still have the reflexes we once had. There is an entire market out there for us – you might try to capture some of it. Remember, those of you who design these games will not be able to play your own games as you grow older.

I really enjoy Boulder Dash. Is there some way to eliminate the clock so I can still enjoy the puzzles? If not, the game will shortly hit the shelf, and I will have wasted very limited funds.

Dick Johnson

PO Box 776
Clayton, OK 74536
Adoug

PostPosted: May Wed 12, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Boulder Dash Classic on EX. Reply with quote

Because Boulder Dash Classic is a remake of the old arcade classic, there is no way to change the clock on this version. Due to the fact you were not allowed to do it in the arcade version, you are not allowed to do it in this version. I hope this doesn't discourage you from playing! I hope this helps. icon_twisted.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum