Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The first of many games, Yager is coming!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adoug

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: The first of many games, Yager is coming! Reply with quote

Ok guys, ask and you shall recieve! The hit game Yager, is coming to the Xbox and PC soon! Scheduled to be released for the Xbox in September 04, Kemco games along with the Yager Development Team will be bringing this long awaited shooter to North America. With 22 levels, this 3rd or 1st person sci-fi flight action shooter will be sure to please.
You take the role as Magnus Tide, a freelance fighter pilot, to help fend off the evil DST Pirates. With free roaming huge levels, intense flying action, and an involving storyline, Xbox and PC fans everywhere are in for a treat.

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/017/017195/imgs_1.html

Last edited by Adoug on Sep Wed 08, 2004 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message
Phlibbit

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh. Wow. Looks intresting. Since when did Kemco make PC games?

And I'm guessing here, but since Bits Studios made Rouge Ops, and Kemco themselves isn't making Yager, am I correct in assuming that all of the other games that are being made are from independent studios that Kemco is working with?
View users profile Send private message
Adoug

PostPosted: Jun Fri 11, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kemco USA is a videogame publishing company where as Bits Studios is a developer. Think of it like a book publishing company and an author of a book. Normally, a developer will come to a publisher with an idea (Rogue Ops for instance) and then the publisher will finacially support the developer in the making of the game. Also, publishers help with how the game looks, give advice on what we would like to see in the game,marketing, testing, etc...it just depends on the contract. Developers are responsible for the programming of the game, testing, along with some other bits here and there. Yager will be Kemco's first PC game. icon_twisted.gif Hope this answers your questions.
Talon

PostPosted: Jun Tue 15, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was certainly out of the blue. icon_smile.gif Nice to see the game's finally been picked up for NA release.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Jun Wed 16, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yager? icon_confused.gif

Their is already a game out called "yagar" and it's the same type of game. But it's made by THQ?

What the hell?
Adoug

PostPosted: Jun Wed 16, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yager was released (or published) by THQ in Europe, not North America (THQ is a publisher, Kemco is a publisher). Yager was developed by Yager Development Team. Kemco has decided that North America deserves this game and is happy to bring it to our shores. I hope this helps. icon_twisted.gif
ub

PostPosted: Jun Thu 17, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: yager dev. says hi Reply with quote

Just to introduce us here -

We at Yager Development are also happy the game's coming stateside as you might have guessed icon_wink.gif
We'll stick around in case there are any questions re how to play and what to do to get the most of it. It's a rich action game with lots of cool stuff to be found and experience. Also we're looking forward to your feedback!

Greetings from Berlin, Germany, on behalf of the Yager team.

PostPosted: Jun Tue 29, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty cool. It's been awhile since I've played a completely no-holds-barred futuristic shoot-em-up.

By the way, Adoug: It's "despite," not "dispite."
Adoug

PostPosted: Jun Wed 30, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya...i was trying to show that I could succeed despite idiocy....ya...thats it.. icon_twisted.gif
doglock17

PostPosted: Jul Mon 12, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: yager dev. says hi Reply with quote

ub wrote:
Just to introduce us here -

We at Yager Development are also happy the game's coming stateside as you might have guessed icon_wink.gif
We'll stick around in case there are any questions re how to play and what to do to get the most of it. It's a rich action game with lots of cool stuff to be found and experience. Also we're looking forward to your feedback!

Greetings from Berlin, Germany, on behalf of the Yager team.

Yager looks awesome. I will be pre-ordering a copy. Thanks Kemco for bringing something different to the US! icon_cool.gif
taragem

PostPosted: Aug Mon 16, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: It's about time!! From a Yager enthusiast :) Reply with quote

Hi all! I was very happy to hear Kemco was briging Yager to North America!! I ordered the game (PC) from the UK several months ago and have been telling people about it since! Imo, Yager is head & shoulders above the plethora of flight sims, with stunning graphics, an immersive story, excellent flight physics, very good AI and interesting characters. I hope now Yager gets the attention it deserves!

I've devoted a section of my website to Yager with lots of screen shots (more are being added regularly)!

http://users4.ev1.net/~taragem/yager.htm

Tara
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
taragem

PostPosted: Aug Mon 16, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: yager dev. says hi Reply with quote

Hi guys! Hats off to you for creating such a fine game!

I hope now that it's being released in the US there'll be more discussion, so we can give out hints and strategies!

I could use some tips for the Bitterfeld mission with the napalm gun on the Russian platform. I can take out the baddies with the napalm gun, but either my ship, or the Russian platform, gets destroyed while I'm trying to take out Ural B. Any hints, guys? icon_wink.gif

Tara

ub

PostPosted: Aug Thu 26, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: bitterfeld - giving boris a hand Reply with quote

suppose you're stuck in the first phase of that mission?

two hints:
- focus on the flying fire-drones first. the hovering machine-gun drones do less damage to the platform.
- try 2ndary fire whenever theres a bunch of ships together or close to the landscape. that 2ndary bullet has some destruction radius upon impact.

...and don't hit the platform too often yourselfes!

good luck & send boris my regards,

uwe
taragem

PostPosted: Aug Thu 26, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: bitterfeld - giving boris a hand Reply with quote

Thanks! I finally found some hints on another Yager forum and by analyzing the fire-drones (using rear view as I was out-running them). They are dumb and slow; so I could get a good distance away then stop and pick them off in hover mode. Then it was just a matter of destroying the remaining mining drones.

Now I'm on the next mission and getting a little further each time. I noticed the Sagittarius' hull shield status is set to yellow at the beginning of the mission. Why?
taragem

PostPosted: Sep Sat 04, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Yager screen shots? Reply with quote

I finished off the BFOS-something-or-other! I got a hint from another forum to hover above it, then it can't see you and since Karpov was hiding behind a hill it would just go down and sit in one spot. My hull shields were down to red when it finally blew up!

When the game was over there were two screen shots in my Yager ********y. Is there an in-game screen shot button? Thanks.

Tara

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Kemco General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum