Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Back to Proteus

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taragem

PostPosted: Sep Tue 07, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Back to Proteus Reply with quote

Ok, it's me again -- your #1 Yager fan! Seems the release will be coming soon, eh? I heard it generated some noise in Germany. I still say it has the best graphics (pre Doom 3 -- though I'm not even sure about it since I haven't played Doom 3 yet) of any game.

I'm *finally* out of Bitterfeld. I swear if I see another drone I'll scream! icon_lol.gif
I liked Karpov's sheild train and I was actually sad when he crashed. Poor guy. Took me 3 or 4 times to defeat the bsf-05. I got tired of making dives at it, so I just hovered in one spot and held the trigger on my lasers and shot out the tubes that kept recharging and it worked! Lucky for me since my sheilds were almost gone!

It was so nice to get back to the sunny skies and blue water of Proteus! Bitterfeld really tests you and by the time I got back to Proteus I felt like a real ace!

Tara
http://users4.ev1.net/~taragem/yager.htm
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Kemco_Tester_Rob

PostPosted: Sep Tue 07, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Yager is pretty Reply with quote

Yeah, sounds like you are having fun w/ Yager. I agree it does have some slick graphics, thanks for the compliments! Doom has some amazing technology but those zombies sure aren't as pretty as Yager's tropical paridise haha.

Robert.

Ski Steven's Pass.
University of Pennsylvania c/o 2003
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
seattle_26

PostPosted: Sep Wed 08, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: I'm ready Reply with quote

I'm ready for Yager... my fingers are twitching.
taragem

PostPosted: Oct Thu 07, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Yager is pretty Reply with quote

Kemco_Tester_Rob wrote:
Yeah, sounds like you are having fun w/ Yager. I agree it does have some slick graphics, thanks for the compliments! Doom has some amazing technology but those zombies sure aren't as pretty as Yager's tropical paridise haha.

I played the Doom 3 demo and am I disappointed! Yeah, the graphics are nice, but I don't think they're better than Yager. The gameplay sucks. It's so dark in some areas you can't see what you're shooting at, so if your target is shifting position all you can do is shoot widely hoping to hit it. This was with brightness on high AND the gama set to 1.5! Using the flashight doesn't help much. By the time you change back to your weapon the monster could've moved several times. Even with the "duct tape" mod I wouldn't buy the game.

I loved to old Doom. The weapons rocked and since you could SEE it allowed hiding and strategizing your movement. The monsters were better, too. id you blew it! icon_cry.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Kemco_Tester_Rob

PostPosted: Oct Sat 09, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the dark spooky atmosphere in Doom 3. I think they did a fine job presenting a creepy game which you really have to play it with the lights out at night with no-one around. Really, all the shadows and the flashlight not working all that well add to the effect of the game, and at times make you jump out of your seat. But really Yager and Doom are so different you cant compare them any more than you can make the classic citrus to apple comparison, I think both look great, especially if you are looking at a PC.

Yager is out on Xbox, enjoy!

Ski Steven's Pass.
University of Pennsylvania c/o 2003
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Yager All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum