Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Top Gear RPM Tuning is coming for the Xbox!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Top Gear RPM Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adoug

PostPosted: Aug Tue 10, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Top Gear RPM Tuning is coming for the Xbox! Reply with quote

Check out the pics of the game at http://www.kemcogames.com/games.html

While your there, check out the other upcoming titles!

icon_twisted.gif
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Aug Wed 18, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it. Seems to be a Need For Speed Underground-type racer, correct?
View users profile Send private message
Adoug

PostPosted: Aug Wed 18, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but with a twist. In Top Gear RPM Tuning damage is shown on the vehicles, plus it has a story line, both of which were lacking in NFSU. Dont get me wrong, NFSU was a great game and I am not puting it down, but Top Gear RPM has some great differences. Thanks for the input Coarse Limely. icon_twisted.gif

PostPosted: Aug Thu 19, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I take this is Xbox Exclusive? icon_biggrin.gif Will it feature online play? Because Im saying as a gamer, if it doesnt, it will not be able to compete with the upcoming NFSU2, Juiced, SRS, or Midnight Club 3. icon_smile.gif
Adoug

PostPosted: Aug Thu 19, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of this moment, it is currently only for the Xbox, but that can change at any time. There is no online play however at this time. icon_twisted.gif Thanks for the questions.
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Aug Fri 20, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww... that sucks. Then how do you think you can compete with all the other "street racers" coming out? Im sure you know what a big selling point online play is. icon_wink.gif Ill check this game out evenually, but not before games like Need for Speed Underground 2, Juiced, SRS, Midnight Club 3, Burnout 3, and Forza. icon_lol.gif
Adoug

PostPosted: Aug Fri 20, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree online play adds alot to games, but it isnt everything. I have been around gaming for years, and some of my fondest memories of games where games that were not online. Case in point, SRS got a 5 out of 10 in PSM October issue, page 35. Now, like most people, I dont always trust reviewers, some games I have played have been reviewed great but sucked in real life, while some didnt get a good review, but were well worth playing. I am just trying to make the point that although online is great, it doesnt make a game great all the time. Trust me though, your point is taken as well, and it is a valid point. icon_twisted.gif
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Aug Sat 21, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
I agree online play adds alot to games, but it isnt everything. I have been around gaming for years, and some of my fondest memories of games where games that were not online. Case in point, SRS got a 5 out of 10 in PSM October issue, page 35. Now, like most people, I dont always trust reviewers, some games I have played have been reviewed great but sucked in real life, while some didnt get a good review, but were well worth playing. I am just trying to make the point that although online is great, it doesnt make a game great all the time. Trust me though, your point is taken as well, and it is a valid point. icon_twisted.gif

Yeah well years ago online games were not very common. icon_lol.gif (On consoles at least). Pretty much every game that comes out these days has some sort of online feature. Im just saying that, gamers want online in their games, so they are going to pretty much ignore Top Gear if it doesnt offer some sort of online features.

If there wasn't so much competition in the racing genre, Im sure most people would check it out. But not with other racers like Forza, Juiced, NFSU2, Burnout 3, Midnight club 3, Outrun 2, or even SRS( Which may turn out to be a medicore game, but it will probably sell decent due to online features and the women on the front cover icon_smile.gif )
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Aug Wed 25, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even so, QF, a game that gets great reviews will still sell a respectable amount, regardless of online features or competition. If Top Gear can pull in a 9.0+ review score from some of the more high-profile gaming mags and sites, I think it'll be a success.

Contrary to popular belief, online is not the end-all-be-all of the gaming world. It's little more than a buzz word used on the covers of games in order to get people's attention, at this point. I'd wager a great many people who are buying today's "online" games aren't paying the ridiculous extra fees in order to play them month-after-month. There's still plenty of market for engrossing single-player games and traditional multi-player titles. Online may be the evolution of the multiplayer game, but we can't forget the millions of gamers who jealously lock themselves away from the world and play video games exclusively for their own enjoyment...like me!
Adoug

PostPosted: Aug Thu 26, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also one of those people Limely (who like to shut off the lights, get some soda, and waste a weekend playing it up). In fact, I was glad to hear Fable wasnt online, call me old fashioned, but I dont like to always have to group with people to get anywhere in a game. icon_twisted.gif
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Aug Thu 26, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here-here!
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Nov Tue 16, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coarse Limely wrote:
Even so, QF, a game that gets great reviews will still sell a respectable amount, regardless of online features or competition. If Top Gear can pull in a 9.0+ review score from some of the more high-profile gaming mags and sites, I think it'll be a success.

Contrary to popular belief, online is not the end-all-be-all of the gaming world. It's little more than a buzz word used on the covers of games in order to get people's attention, at this point. I'd wager a great many people who are buying today's "online" games aren't paying the ridiculous extra fees in order to play them month-after-month. There's still plenty of market for engrossing single-player games and traditional multi-player titles. Online may be the evolution of the multiplayer game, but we can't forget the millions of gamers who jealously lock themselves away from the world and play video games exclusively for their own enjoyment...like me!

No... you dont know what your talking about lol. Just because the game gets good reviews DOESNT mean the game is going to sell. ITs all about marketing, and hype. Thats what makes a game sell, yes reviews do matter but not to the casual gamer. How is it going to pull a 9.0 + when it DOESNT have Custom Soundtracks, DOESNT have online play and DOESNT have licensed cars? Other games in the genre with those features deserve 9.0 +, Im not saying Top Gear is going to suck, but when U compare it to other games in its genre it simply doesnt compare features wise.

Online gaming is the future... pretty much EVERY game is online now, onXbox at least. (PS2 games are catching up though. Gamecube is a whole another matter all together.
trancejeremy

PostPosted: Nov Tue 16, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Online is overrated.... Reply with quote

Especially on Xbox. I mean, maybe 5-10% of Xbox owners have Live. Sure, it's nice for those people, but the vast majority of Xbox owners don't care about online play.

Plus, I believe this is going to be $20. I can forgive a $20 not having custom soundtracks (even though Ford Racing 2 manages to have this), especially since many $50 titles don't.
jdskater

PostPosted: Dec Sun 12, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was a huge fan of top gear rally and was looking forward to this game but i am one in a large growing group of gamers that do not buy games unless there online. back in the day before consoles were online the games were fun offline and i have spend huge amount of hours playing them but once i went online i have a much better time. i will keep my eyes open for a top gear game to be on xbox live but until then i will not buy one.
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Dec Mon 13, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Online is overrated.... Reply with quote

trancejeremy wrote:
Especially on Xbox. I mean, maybe 5-10% of Xbox owners have Live. Sure, it's nice for those people, but the vast majority of Xbox owners don't care about online play.

Plus, I believe this is going to be $20. I can forgive a $20 not having custom soundtracks (even though Ford Racing 2 manages to have this), especially since many $50 titles don't.

Fine then... no one is forcing you to get LIVE. If you want to play single player with bots instead of going online with 8 players then fine with me. icon_biggrin.gif enjoy playing against the computer AI while I play against real people.

And I expect every racer to support Custom Soundtracks, its already in most of the top racers on Xbox. But yea if you want to listen to the crappy unlicensed music in Top Gear go ahead!!! icon_lol.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Top Gear RPM Tuning All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum