Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Sports Titles with a twist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loserzero

PostPosted: Dec Thu 09, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Sports Titles with a twist Reply with quote

icon_question.gif Have kemco wanted to get into the sports area? It would be nice to get sports games with a twist like, how about like football but with monsters and robots and weird creatures playing the game? I one point a company did this idea but they just let thoes game die with out contuining with more sports. But I would like to see a game like that with this day and age graphics and other options? Would Kemco ever think of doing something like that?
Adoug

PostPosted: Dec Thu 09, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are open to all sorts of games. We try not to limit what types of games we publish, which, with our upcoming titles, and previous ones, will show a nice variety. For example, Daisenryaku VII (japanese strategy), Yager (sci-fi shooter) Egg Mania (puzzle) Top Gear series (racing) Rogue Ops (3rd person shooter, action), etc.. Plus, with what we have in the works (the ones I cant talk about) we can add even more variety to our selection! Do you remember or have you played Pigskin Football? It was a campy violent football game, pretty funny. I think it was on the Genesis. icon_twisted.gif
LoserZero

PostPosted: Dec Fri 10, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I remember Pigskin Football for the genesis it was an ok game. Is 2d games anything that Kemco would still want to make?
Adoug

PostPosted: Dec Fri 10, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on lots of things, the game, projected budget, time, system, etc... icon_twisted.gif
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Dec Sun 12, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah with EA around Kemco sports game would get left in the dust.
Adoug

PostPosted: Dec Sun 12, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what was said about ESPN NFL 2K5... icon_twisted.gif It is an awesome game that has made an impact on the market, despite the domination the Madden franchise has had on it for years.

Last edited by Adoug on Dec Tue 14, 2004 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message

PostPosted: Dec Mon 13, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya but I feel that Ea is losing their footing in sport I liked the sega sports a lot better than EA
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Dec Tue 14, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt talk Adoug - Look at what was annocced yesturday

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12/13/news_6114977.html
Adoug

PostPosted: Dec Tue 14, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point exactly. I personally liked ESPN 2k5, for the price and production value. I am saying this as a gamer, not an employee of Kemco. Kemco does not endorse or have the same beliefs as I do and in no way is this a reflection of the companies stand point on the subject. My personal point is, that ESPN NFL 2K5 is a great game, a fantastic game for 20 bucks. Sega no doubt was making an impression on EA. The ESPN franchise was going to be no doubt, competition for the Madden franchise. What is the easiest and most sure fire way to eliminate any competition, buy them out so they cannot compete. That is exactly what happened when EA secured the deal with the NFL. In my opinion, competition is a good thing, in both sports and in commerce. It keeps companies evolving, upgrading, changing to meet the needs and wants of the market. I personally, dont believe that this is a good thing for the industry. It limits what others can do in a large way, and really limits the future choices of consumers world wide. Variety is the spice of life, and we as consumers, have just lost some of that variety. Quantum, you must have not understood (or misunderstood) my stance on the subject. icon_twisted.gif
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Dec Tue 14, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I think you got me wrong. I like ESPN, I think they are way ahead of Madden. Easly. But then EA goes and does stuff like this and looks like there will be no NFL 2k6 next year icon_cry.gif Or for the next 5 years in that case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum