Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Make a list of the units for me please?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Dec Mon 13, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Make a list of the units for me please? Reply with quote

Hey since there is so much time before the games release why not post a full list of all of the available units in the game? Please oh please! Also will there be realistic maps? Such as real world locations, such as Europ or China? Or will the maps be ficticious?
Adoug

PostPosted: Dec Mon 13, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the maps are realistic, i.e. the United States, Japan, etc...dont want to spoil it all. Some maps are ficticious, but you can make your own maps too, in Map Editor Mode, allowing for unlimited replay value. Also, I forgot to tell you that your units will gain levels making them better in defense, increasing their range, attack power, etc. You can then save the units (20 units per country) and use them in multiplayer or in other battles. If I have the time, I might put up some screen shots of more units to give you an idea or I will make a list, but I am not sure I will have the time, I will have to see. icon_twisted.gif

PostPosted: Dec Mon 13, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright if your too busy to post the types of units then I understand, but Im sure the guy who asked about naval battles would really like to see some ship to ship engagements! LOl FYI (so would I)! like german subs and the Lepoard tank! I do think that a list would be faster than a few boring screen shots! Im probably driving you nuts with all of the questions!
Adoug

PostPosted: Dec Mon 13, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, there is nothing more satisfying than taking out an enemy support ship (full of tanks, troops, etc) with a submarine...I love doing that! icon_twisted.gif
Wonderful experience

PostPosted: Dec Wed 15, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please help me with the following questions?
1. How many missions or maps are there in the mission mode?
2. In this thread it was said units could be saved and brought over subsequent missions. How are the units saved? Right after the completion of each mission? I assume units need to be selected to form a group of 20 saved units of each country?
3. From which mission onward can I save units? 10th or 20th...
Your help is highly appreciated.
Adoug

PostPosted: Dec Wed 15, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question one: There are 25 missions in Mission Mode (I believe, right around there anyway). Keep in mind that there are dozens of more maps to play in Free Play mode.

Question two: Selected Units can be saved upon completion of a Free Play Map. You do not need to save 20 units, you can save Up to 20 units per country. So say I am Germany and I completed a Free Play map and I have some tanks and artillery that has leveled up and I want to save them. I select the ones I want, save those units, and the rest go away. Now the next time I am Germany, I can produce the saved units (it cost money to produce them, just as it does to produce anything in the game)I have the option to save any units that have survived to the end of the Free Play battle. Everytime you complete a Free Play map, you can save units.

Question three: You can begin to save units after you complete any Free Play map.

Thanks for the questions, hope this helps. icon_twisted.gif
Wonderful experience

PostPosted: Dec Wed 15, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug: Thank you so much for the tips! Truly appreciate it. This game would be one of the best I have ever seen!
One last question: So the reward I get by completing the missions is more units? Not a stronger force with saved units?
Wonderful experience

PostPosted: Dec Wed 15, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "More units" I meant "more units that become available and producible". Thanks for your reply.
Adoug

PostPosted: Dec Wed 15, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, your units gain experience throughout battles. If they survive to the completion of the map in Free Play Mode, you may then take (any of the units if you like) the experienced units (stronger in defense, better accuracy, etc...) save them, then in a later map, take the saved units and produce them. When I say "produce" I mean that you can place them on the map, by making them provided you have enough money (which most of the time you will). When you complete missions, you get unlockable secret units that you can make, extra maps to play, etc. As you go through the game, the game will only get bigger as you unlock maps and units by completing missions! icon_twisted.gif

So for example, I am the US and I have some saved Abrams tanks from a previous battle. I have the option to produce the saved ones (which will cost slightly more than if I produce entry level tanks) or I can make the beginning Abrams tanks (which are low in level, as are all units when you first produce them, but cheaper to produce). But be careful, because if you place a saved unit on a map and it is destroyed from battle, it will be gone. You can still produce the same types of units, but the saved unit will have been destroyed and therefore is gone. Does that answer the questions for you? Hope it helps. icon_twisted.gif
Wonderful experience

PostPosted: Dec Wed 15, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug: Yes you have answered all my questions and the picture is clear in my mind now. THANK YOU!
Adoug

PostPosted: Dec Wed 15, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. If you have any more, please ask. icon_twisted.gif
Wonderful experience

PostPosted: Dec Wed 15, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_wink.gif I do have more questions now. Sorry about taking so much time from you, Adoug.
1. Upon completion of a mission, does the rank (S, or A, or B...) affect what extra units you get? Say a rank "S" enables a stealth fighter but a rank "C" enables a F-5F only?
2. In the free play mode, say, I have 20 saved units but only put 15 of the 10 into the battle, upon completion when the 20-saved-unit-list is revised, can I keep those not used (the other 5 previously saved units)? I know you said if a saved unit is destroyed, it is lost forever. What about not-used saved units in a game? I assume I can keep them on the saved unit list.
THANKS!
Adoug

PostPosted: Dec Wed 15, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question 1: It is just a ranking to see how well you have done during the battle, unless the developers snuck something under my nose.

Question 2: To my knowledge, if you combine an experienced unit with a non experienced unit, the stats will average out (I believe), as will fuel, ammo, etc.

Are you playing the game now? Sounds like you have some knowledge on it. icon_twisted.gif
Wonderful experience

PostPosted: Dec Wed 15, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I could not wait so I ordered the Japanese version from some oriental electronic store and I have an extra Asian XBOX bought for some of the KOEI games. I know a little bit Japanese but definitely want to buy the English version when it comes out, so the game flows smoothly for me.
By the way my previous question is not about merging the units but the saved unit list. You said we could save as many as 20 units in the free play mode. What if I deploy only 15 of the 20 units (not sub-units) to a battle, at the end do I lose the remaining 5 units? Or I can still keep those 5 in subsequent battles?
Adoug

PostPosted: Dec Wed 15, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry bout that. icon_redface.gif You only lose (or gain experience for) the units that you place on the battlefield. So, if I have 20 saved tank units, and I produce 5 of those on the map, and those 5 get destroyed, I will still have the 15 other units saved. icon_twisted.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum