Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

In game ads/product placements...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Top Gear RPM Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trancejeremy

PostPosted: Jan Tue 11, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: In game ads/product placements... Reply with quote

Since this was delayed along with pretty much every other racer I was interested in (Forza, GT4, Juiced, etc), I was pretty much forced to get Need for Speed: Underground 2. (It was also on sale for $37)

Other than the cheating AI and the PS2 quality graphics and the lack of custom soundtracks, that turned out to be better than I expected. But there are product placements/ads in the game everywhere.

Cingular. Best Buy. Burger King. (All actually in the game as either part of the game or as buildings)

And billboards for Edge Shaving Gel, Campbell's Soup, Autozone, Some bank, and a few others.

Will this game have anything like that? (Street Racing Syndicate had a few billboards for radio stations, but that's it.). Not that I really care, but I'm curious.

Also, how open ended is this game? NFS:U2 only lets you have 5 cars in career mode (out of maybe 30 in the game) and it's hard to get money to upgrade them, as you run out of races to win money in.
View users profile Send private message
Adoug

PostPosted: Jan Tue 11, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are no product placement adds in Top Gear RPM Tuning (no actual real life products anyway). There are adds, but they are of ficticious products. Since there are a couple of different modes in Top Gear, (adventure mode, quick race, tune and race, etc) there is plenty to do. You can choose to just do a quick race with a friend or by yourself in quick race, you can also go through adventure mode with a story (cutscenes) as you try to find who stole your ride, or in Tune and Race, you can buy a car and tune it to your liking, gaining more money by winning races to either buy more cars, or tune the one you have. Thanks for the questions! icon_twisted.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Top Gear RPM Tuning All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum