Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

New Top Gear RPM Tuning PReview at GAMESPOT!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Top Gear RPM Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Nov Thu 25, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: New Top Gear RPM Tuning PReview at GAMESPOT! Reply with quote

"so we took an early Xbox build of the game out for a test-drive to find out what, if anything, will set it apart from Need for Speed Underground 2, Street Racing Syndicate, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, and the rest of the gang."

"(one of three instantly recognizable but unlicensed models)"

"Kemco recently issued a press release stating that Top Gear RPM Tuning will boast "virtually limitless vehicle customization options," but judging from we've seen to date, that actually translates into customization options that feel quite limited when compared with the ones featured in some other games in the genre. "

"The tuning options are divided into exterior and mechanical categories, the former of which (with the exception of tires) will have no impact whatsoever on your car's performance, but will increase your "fame" rating in the game."

" The modifications, although limited in number, vary a great deal and include everything from parts that are barely distinguishable from the standard "

"since there's no option to take your car online and show it off to other players"

"Our experiences on the streets of Top Gear RPM Tuning have been mixed"

" For the most part, the handling is quite forgiving, and there are plenty of corners that you can take at full speed without ever having to worry that you might lose control."

"At other times, though, the game will punish you for making a seemingly innocuous error, such as driving over a sidewalk to take the same shortcut that all your opponents do on every lap, which on several occasions resulted in us spinning wildly out of control."

"We also found that we would invariably spin out of control after any collision with an opponent--which would be fine if the collision appeared to hinder their race in some way as well"

"Despite the numerous flaws in our copy of the game "

"Did we tell you about the traffic lights that don't turn green at the start of a race?"

"Or the time that we were thrust into oncoming traffic about a millisecond after getting off the start line"
trancejeremy

PostPosted: Nov Fri 26, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/topgearrpmtuning/preview_6113910.html

If anyone wants to read the whole thing.

Would be a more credible preview if it didn't call the first Need for Speed Underground "Original", when in fact Genki has been making street racing/tuning games since the SNES days.
View users profile Send private message
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Nov Fri 26, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trancejeremy wrote:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/topgearrpmtuning/preview_6113910.html

If anyone wants to read the whole thing.

Would be a more credible preview if it didn't call the first Need for Speed Underground "Original", when in fact Genki has been making street racing/tuning games since the SNES days.

The Genki ones got pretty average reviews though.

PostPosted: Jan Sat 29, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a blast with my preview build. The options, while limited, are pretty damn cool. The free ride mode is great because the city you have at your hands is huge, with a deep tunnel system underneath it, allowing for even more exploration. It's a fairly good looking game, nothing like NFS UG 2, but pretty good looking. It's a little buggy, but only because it's a preview build. I'm enjoying it as much as I would a final game though, which is a good thing.So far I can see myself scoring this game somewhere in the 7.5-8.0 range once it's small bugs have been kinked out in the final code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Top Gear RPM Tuning All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum