Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Does Top Gear feature real licensed cars?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Top Gear RPM Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Nov Fri 05, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Does Top Gear feature real licensed cars? Reply with quote

If so, how many? icon_biggrin.gif
Adoug

PostPosted: Nov Fri 05, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top gear RPM Tuning does not feature licensed cars. I cannot say specifically how many cars are in it due to the stage of develpoment (it is in the double digits), but you can customize them to make them look very distinctive.icon_twisted.gif Thanks for the questions.
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Nov Mon 08, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Top gear RPM Tuning does not feature licensed cars. I cannot say specifically how many cars are in it due to the stage of develpoment (it is in the double digits), but you can customize them to make them look very distinctive.icon_twisted.gif Thanks for the questions.

Wow... no licensed cars, no online play, and no custom soundtracks. Your going to have trouble selling this game with so many other competing products out that have all the features that this game doesnt.
Adoug

PostPosted: Nov Mon 08, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games can still be competitive without licensed cars, plus they are cheaper to make since you dont need to pay royalties to companies for the use of the license, then you can pass the savings onto the consumer. Custom soundtracks would be great as well as online play, but due to the stage of develpoment, it just cant happen. Not a whole lot of games have custom soundtracks, there are some, Burnout 3, for example, but in the overall selection of titles, not a ton of them. What the game does offer are multiple cars to customize, changing the way they look and play (everything from custom stickers to painting every aspect of the outside of the vehicle indivdually), a story line, which not alot of racing games have, multiplayer (although not online), and unlockable cars/parts/tracks/etc. Well worth the price of admission. Your point is taken Quantum, however, and it heard on my end, fyi. Thanks for the input, it is always great to chat with my fellow gamers! icon_twisted.gif
trancejeremy

PostPosted: Nov Mon 08, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How different are the cars? For instance, Street Syndicate Racing supposedly had 45 different cars, but in reality, there were only about 13-15 different models, just slight variations. And none of them were worth using once you could afford a Skyline. I hope the cars in this are more balanced. That is, there's not one uber-car.
Adoug

PostPosted: Nov Tue 09, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cars in the game range from old school muscle cars, imports, trucks, etc. They are very different from each other in both looks and the way they drive. Some are front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, all wheel drive, etc, and can be made to look very unique. icon_twisted.gif Thanks for the question.
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Nov Tue 09, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I get your point, most games dont support custom soundtracks because custom soundtracks really only work well in Racing and sports games... most of the high profile racers on Xbox DO have Custom Soundtracks. (Project Gotham Racing 1 and 2, Rallisport Challenge 1 and 2, Sega GT, Burnout 2 and 3, MotoGP 2 etc.) I will check out Top Gear evenually after it comes out, but not after I check out games like Need for speed Underground 2, Forza, Midnight Club 3.
Adoug

PostPosted: Nov Tue 09, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool if you check it out later, I would have loved to put custom soundtracks in it, but it just didnt work out that way. I mean, anytime you can add extras, thats a good thing! icon_twisted.gif

PostPosted: Nov Wed 10, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
That's cool if you check it out later, I would have loved to put custom soundtracks in it, but it just didnt work out that way. I mean, anytime you can add extras, thats a good thing! icon_twisted.gif

Yeah... hopefully if you make another Top Gear game you can put some of these features!
trancejeremy

PostPosted: Nov Fri 12, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if this comes out before Gran Turismo 4 (I also have a PS2), then I'll be getting it.

I haven't had a decent racing game in a long time. SRS was okay, but hardly worth $50. NFS:U2 looks like it was have the same problem as the original - cheap AI that goes exactly as fast as you do (which makes the whole modifying the car thing pointless). Forza keeps getting pushed back. I was looking forward to Juiced but that was pushed back 'til Summer '05.

At this point, I would buy Ford Racing 3, if it got released in the US, just because I'm desperate for a racing game.
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Nov Tue 16, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trancejeremy wrote:
Well, if this comes out before Gran Turismo 4 (I also have a PS2), then I'll be getting it.

I haven't had a decent racing game in a long time. SRS was okay, but hardly worth $50. NFS:U2 looks like it was have the same problem as the original - cheap AI that goes exactly as fast as you do (which makes the whole modifying the car thing pointless). Forza keeps getting pushed back. I was looking forward to Juiced but that was pushed back 'til Summer '05.

At this point, I would buy Ford Racing 3, if it got released in the US, just because I'm desperate for a racing game.

Yeah... I havent played SRS yet but heard it sucked... NFSU2 looks to be great. Forza is coming out in Febuaruy 2005, for sure. I doubt its going to get delayed again. Juiced only get delayed to summer 2005 because Acclaim went out of business, and THQ picked up the rights to the game. icon_biggrin.gif
trancejeremy

PostPosted: Nov Tue 16, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually quite liked SRS - it's got a realistic driving model and AI that doesn't cheat. And it's got a nice big city to drive around it. Unfortunately, it only has a handful of cars and is really short (maybe 15-20 hours to finish it).

I don't get the deal with Juiced. A lot of companies wanted to buy it and publish it right away (the game is done). THQ ending up buying it and decided to sit on it for a year. Why pay $10.5 million for a game and not publish it for a year?

Forza was supposed to originally be out in Dec, then Feb. I wouldn't be surprised to see it moved back even further.
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Nov Wed 17, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trancejeremy wrote:
I actually quite liked SRS - it's got a realistic driving model and AI that doesn't cheat. And it's got a nice big city to drive around it. Unfortunately, it only has a handful of cars and is really short (maybe 15-20 hours to finish it).

I don't get the deal with Juiced. A lot of companies wanted to buy it and publish it right away (the game is done). THQ ending up buying it and decided to sit on it for a year. Why pay $10.5 million for a game and not publish it for a year?

Forza was supposed to originally be out in Dec, then Feb. I wouldn't be surprised to see it moved back even further.

Yeah, I stilll have to check out SRS. icon_lol.gif Ill probably buy it or something when its cheap.

Yeah it doesnt make sense with Juiced. The only reason I can give is that THQ didnt want it to complete with NFSU2, or the upcoming Midnight Club 3 in January (people may say F*** Juiced since MC3 is coming out so soon). Well I think it sucks tooo, as I played Juiced and it seemed quite good, business wise is probably best to release it later,,, and they will probably add new features which is even better. icon_biggrin.gif

As for Forza... Microsoft officially annocced its coming out in Febuary, they even have the official boxart at EBgames.com I think its prettty much official the Febuary release date.
goldeneye343

PostPosted: Feb Sat 19, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: no custom soundtracks? Reply with quote

oh man there are some boring games based on the top gear series( top gear dare devel is a very great example of a waste of time ) i hope this isnt one of them and why didnt you guys put custom soundtracks after all you didnt put it on game cube for some reason you should be ashamed of your selfs for that!
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Feb Sun 20, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:

A load of BULL. This game has already been hacked due to the games awful coding and guess what, this game only features 8 cars. icon_razz.gif 8 stinkin cars! Can you believe this? The game does not even feature ANY liscensed cars, or wheels, or tires and you only put 8 cars in the whole game!!! icon_razz.gif Well, that's it folks. Another 20$ joke of a game created by the good folks at Kemco. Just do yourself a favor and buy the first Need For Speed Underground for 15$ rather than this junk for 20$ if you're looking for a low budget game!!! Why Don't you guys at Kemco start trying Hard at making GOOD quality games like you did with Yager and Dai Senryaku, rather than ripping peole off with junk like Chicago enforcer and THIS load of turd? icon_evil.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Top Gear RPM Tuning All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum