Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you KEMCO THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Feb Sun 20, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Thank you KEMCO THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Reply with quote

Oh man, so many years since Iron Storm and finally a game which so far is surpassing it in every way. The camera system is pure genius and adds so much to the game. Usually the static camera gets tiresome.

The only beefs I have is no textures for the models and I wanted more diverse battle animation. I wanted at least 5 or 10 different battle animations for the battles.

Also no online or email system. Sad

ADoug, I know you are gone but is anybody going to take over for him?

I really hope that KEMCO brings more of these types of games.

i need a game like this but with Iron Storms options of playing as any side! Shocked

I would not play another game for months!

THANKS KEMCO for bringing out a game for the thinkers out there.

PostPosted: Feb Sun 20, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I meant that I need another game like this but with WWII as the backdrop. Holy crap this game would be even more awesome than it already is.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Mon 21, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Adoug, I know you are gone but is anyone gonna take over for him?"... Razz Who could?! Just kidding. So as you can tell by the post, I still check in since videogames are my passion. I will do what I can to answer things when I can! Enjoy Dai sen! Twisted Evil PS...your welcome. Wink
MAYAman

PostPosted: Feb Mon 21, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm the original poster of this message. *my id was just approved* :p

Anyway, I wanted to ask how we can find out how well this game sells? I'm pretty active over at the IGN gaming boards and have been spreading the word about the game like crazy. Many people have said that they cannot find it at any retailer.

I know I had a preorder at EB for over six months and they still have not gotten it. I had to go to NYC from CT to find it at an EB there and I bought two copies, one for me and one for my friend and those were the only two copies they had.

More copies need to go out, how do you ensure that everyone that wants it can get it?

I really hope you guys do another and more complex game like this in the future. Remember, there are adult gamers like myself who love these types of games and many of us are sad more games like this are not made.

PostPosted: Feb Mon 21, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your frustration. I have been calling around to all my local eb retailers. I have been getting responces ranging from clulessness to rudeness. I have preordered it and im thinking of calling eb head offices to complain. My theory is that because its so cheap the retailers wont bring it in because they do not make enough money off this game. I was really looking forward to a distraction from the piles of shooters that seem to be dominating the releases for x-box. My g/f is going to seattle on the weekend hopefully they'll have it there...I hope.
CYY

PostPosted: Feb Mon 21, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got one @ EB, Plano, TX.
I guess you can order it online @ Walmart if it's so hard to find one. Wink
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb Mon 21, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAYAman, about finding out how well something sells is usually kept within the company. It might be hard to find, but if you are having enormous trouble, I would order it online as suggested. I hope you can find a copy and enjoy the Dai Sen experience. Twisted Evil Ps...thanks for spreading the word at IGN. They are good people over there.
Uglyduck

PostPosted: Feb Tue 22, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a company that keeps selling it on Ebay - just do a search there.
I am in the UK and imported it through them. It only took 48 hours to get here so I should imagine 24 hours within the USA.
Rohn

PostPosted: Feb Tue 22, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to jump on this thread and say Thank you too.

I picked up the english version of this game last friday and it's awesome. I found it at a local mall EB games the day it arrived. It wasn't even on the shelf yet.

I have read there is a WWII version of the game released in Japan for the PS2 using this same game system. Please Kemco, translate that one to English and make it for Xbox, I'll buy it for sure.

Here is a link to a 74page text file:

In that file there is a brief history of Japanese Versions of Dai Senryaku.

One last thing, talk to Paradox Development and get them to do a game using 18th-19th century units.

Thank you!
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Feb Tue 22, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link goes to a bad page, gamefaqs doesn't like you linking to faqs directly. Here's one that should work. Sometime today there should be an update to the faq as well.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/game/583046.html
Rohn

PostPosted: Feb Tue 22, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for fixing that link.

It's great to get a reply from the guy who wrote it Smile
MisterToad

PostPosted: Feb Tue 22, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine at Software, Etc. last weekend. Woo, man ! Very Happy

I love this style of game. This is the sort of thing much more common to the world of PC gaming (though not so much anymore with the dominance of RTS). I'm just delighted to see this released for US console gamers. Hats off to Kemco for bringing it here. I can only hope that DS VII turns into a sleeper hit and Kemco keeps this game genre coming with future releases.

I think Kemco has hit a home run with the look and feel of this game. It's kind of abstract and chess-like, but the flexibility of the camera views is wonderful, and the game is quite deep under the covers.
BloatedCorpse

PostPosted: Mar Sat 05, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..just wanted to add my own thanks to Kemco for a job well done. I really love being able take my time on a game and play out different strategies. It does make me feel a bit old that it's been about 10 years since I was playing Iron Storm on my saturn...thanks again for bringing this great project out for the western consumers.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Mon 07, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kemco...

...You are deserving of a nice hearty Ooh Rah!

My friend and I spent over 8+ Hours yesterday playing Free Play. He also would like to thank you for bringing one of the best games he has ever played to the US.

I do believe that this game will be the only game in my XBox for a long time. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Mon 07, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Semper Fi, for getting the game, that is. Big cheers here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: