Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this Game Defected?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guest1

PostPosted: Mar Wed 02, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Is this Game Defected? Reply with quote

hi, i bought this game from a local Gamestop and they said it was new but actually it was used. since it was the last copy, i just paid for the full price of a new even though it was used. The disk is not very damaged and appears very new, even though there is one distinct scratch. When i put it in the xbox, and it starts, the xbox has a hard time starting it by making repeated noises. after 1 min, it starts off at the developer and publishers screen. when it says SystemSoft, it lags and stays there for about a minute, then on the Kemco thing, it takes like 2 min, after that the movie is very laggy. the menus and everything else are fine, until you get to the freeplay mode. In freeplay mode, the battle scenes take long to load sometimes, and even worse the music stops for about 20 seconds every 2 minutes. i dont know if this is supposed to happen, like its loading, or if it is supposed to loop without stopping but it sounds like it got cut off, and then resumed. Can someone help me and tell me if the same happens to your game's music and all the other lags at the develper and publisher screen? any help is appreciated. thanx!
shinosuke

PostPosted: Mar Wed 02, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a bad copy to me. You should return it and make them give/order you a new one. I've seen two copies so far and neither have significant lags in loading or music cutting out.
guest1

PostPosted: Mar Wed 02, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx, so its probably the game then. although it might be my xbox because i have an older version with the original disk drive. does anyone have this game with the original xbox?
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Wed 02, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you should definitely return it for a new copy. I've also seen two copies and neither exhibit the signs you are describing. Sad
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Wed 02, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sounds like you got a bad disc. I love GameStop and all, but some of the locations aren't always on the ball. For instance, one of the half dozen locations near me has a bad system of returns and holds. So some of the "defects" for a good game in demand are kept in the same place. Mad

So, I'd bring it back and raise some hell. Unless, they want a tank battalion and some "steel rain" to make a friendly "visit". Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Wed 02, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The music is supposed to loop, which you can change in the options screen. However, it sounds to me like the disc is scratched which is possibly causing this problem.
Uglyduck

PostPosted: Mar Wed 02, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re:- "thanx, so its probably the game then. although it might be my xbox because i have an older version with the original disk drive. does anyone have this game with the original xbox?"

One of my Units is an original Xbox (with a Thompson Drive) that I have adapted to play imported games on. I have no problem with the game at all.
Take it back ... although you might have a hard time convincing the store it was scratched when you bought it Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: