Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teamxbox review -5.7/ 10
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Top Gear RPM Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Mar Wed 02, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Teamxbox review -5.7/ 10 Reply with quote

Thanks for another crappy racer to add to the library of Xbox games Kemco! Very Happy Laughing Shocked Confused Razz

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/901/Top-Gear-RPM-Tuning/p1/
goldeneye343

PostPosted: Mar Thu 03, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: craooy Reply with quote

yes this game lacks alot it is very crappy and i cant remember the last great top gear game oh wait that was snes top gear the n64s and gbas top gear was ok but it wasnt that fun
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Thu 03, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Gear Rally for the N64 was great fun. I played that one to death. Even have the game with it's own memory pack with my paint scheme Smile

And with regards to the review. If all you look at is the score then yeah...you'd probably ASSUME it's a bad title. In reading it though it seems as if the problems are in fact minor. The biggest thing preventing a higher score is it's not feeling like a "next gen" title. I suppose if it did then it would cost 50 bucks.

The bullet points in the summary look like this:

Gameplay - Not too shabby for a budget title. No officially-licensed cars or online game modes.

Graphics - This game will dazzle few visually but at least the sensation of speed isn’t bad.

Audio - A lackluster soundtrack isn’t surprising but engine noises that sound strangely like lawnmowers is a bit disturbing.

Longevity - No online modes hurt, but the Story mode is pretty lengthy even though it is repetitive.

Next-Gen - Top Gear Tuning can’t be considered next generation in many areas. The ability to turn a car all-wheel-drive is a pretty cool inclusion.

So all in all it seems like it's not exactly "bad"
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Mar Thu 03, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Top Gear Rally for the N64 was great fun. I played that one to death. Even have the game with it's own memory pack with my paint scheme Smile

And with regards to the review. If all you look at is the score then yeah...you'd probably ASSUME it's a bad title. In reading it though it seems as if the problems are in fact minor. The biggest thing preventing a higher score is it's not feeling like a "next gen" title. I suppose if it did then it would cost 50 bucks.

The bullet points in the summary look like this:

Gameplay - Not too shabby for a budget title. No officially-licensed cars or online game modes.

Graphics - This game will dazzle few visually but at least the sensation of speed isn’t bad.

Audio - A lackluster soundtrack isn’t surprising but engine noises that sound strangely like lawnmowers is a bit disturbing.

Longevity - No online modes hurt, but the Story mode is pretty lengthy even though it is repetitive.

Next-Gen - Top Gear Tuning can’t be considered next generation in many areas. The ability to turn a car all-wheel-drive is a pretty cool inclusion.

So all in all it seems like it's not exactly "bad"

The problem is it simply cant compete with current Xbox racers... even budget priced ones. This game doesnt even have LICENSED CARS, or Custom soundtracks, or online play... nothing.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Thu 03, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And exactly how is that your problem? How does that affect you? It must in some way drastically tear into your existence for you to take the time to post here.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Thu 03, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think secretly, Quantum loves all of our games (even Chicago!) and he cant help but be a consistent poster on our forums.... Twisted Evil
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Thu 03, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, now there's something I hadn't thought of. I can now see the light, it's true. Cheers Quantum, we love you too! (too bad there isn't a kissy smiley!)
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Mar Thu 03, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
And exactly how is that your problem? How does that affect you? It must in some way drastically tear into your existence for you to take the time to post here.

Its just lame how they think they can compete, when they dont include any features seen in other racers, even budget priced racers. Smile Very Happy
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Mar Thu 03, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
I think secretly, Quantum loves all of our games (even Chicago!) and he cant help but be a consistent poster on our forums.... Twisted Evil

lol....................... no. Accually the only Kemco game I own is Rouge Ops. Very Happy Its decent, but aside from that all of Kemco's Xbox games have sucked.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Thu 03, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you played Dai Senryaku VII yet? It probably isn't your game because it requires thought rather than reflexes but it definitely does not suck. Have you actually played Top Gear for Xbox? Somehow I doubt it because all the impressions you've given are other people's impressions. I don't hear you copying the good things that are said about it so you've basically chosen to rely on the opinions of others and only the bad ones...which is fine really. You choose the world you live in, if it's full of angst and attitude then so be it. Cheers.
trancejeremy

PostPosted: Mar Thu 03, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense to Doug, but I think the score from the magazine was somewhat generous. I would score it about a 3 out of 10.

It would be just slightly below average, except how story mode works is just aggravating. You have to do win the missions/races to advance, which is fairly standard, except they come in batches. You can't just re-do the one race over and over again until you win. You have to start over with the first race.

And if you quit, you have to start over and re-mod your car. I gave up in frustration at having to do things over and over.

Dai Senkyaku kicks ass, though. I figured buying TGRPPMT makes up for getting DS for only $20.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Thu 03, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI to all who post, good and bad comments. I do not take offense to any comments on any of the games. Granted I like to see positive comments more than negative ones, but that is beside the point. We all have our own thoughts, I am not a programmer, artist, etc, so I have no reason to be offended if someone doesnt like the art, programming, etc. Granted, I want to be involved in making the best game possible, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. There are MANY factors that go into a game, several of which I have absolutely no control over, so many times people are "preaching to the choir" on a subject when they dont like a certain thing, after all, I am a gamer first, in the industry second. So, to all out there, (Trance, you too) keep the comments coming, I hear them, I pass them along, and I will do EVERYTHING in my power to create great games from Kemco as long as they let me.
Adoug Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, from what I've played of it thus far, Top Gear deserves a better score than 5.7. I would definitely give it soemwhere in the 7-7.5 range. It's not incredible, but it sure as hell kept me entertained enough to warrant an above average score.
QuantumFusion

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Have you played Dai Senryaku VII yet? It probably isn't your game because it requires thought rather than reflexes but it definitely does not suck. Have you actually played Top Gear for Xbox? Somehow I doubt it because all the impressions you've given are other people's impressions. I don't hear you copying the good things that are said about it so you've basically chosen to rely on the opinions of others and only the bad ones...which is fine really. You choose the world you live in, if it's full of angst and attitude then so be it. Cheers.

Nah... Im not into strategy games with PS1 graphics. Very Happy But yeah, it did get some good reviews, but too bad its only giong to sell about 5 copes in North America, so say goodbye to a sequel. I dotn need to play Top Gear on Xbox to konw its bad, I have tons of other racers on Xbox to play, I dont need one with no online, no custom soundtracks, with fake cars.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
dai senryaku VII actually made it to this weeks eb games listing of top 10 xbox titles

Guess it'll sell more than five copies. You'll no doubt find something else to gripe about though, it seems to be your m.o. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Top Gear RPM Tuning All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: