Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA ATACMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dagger

PostPosted: Mar Fri 25, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: USA ATACMS Reply with quote

An interesting idea was proposed to me the other day, but I haven't had time to actually test it out myself yet.

I play mostly as the USA, and have started using the ATACMS more extensively to help obliterate the AI. With a ground range of 12 and Mega attack ability, having just a few of these makes it possible to stop most ground-based assaults in their tracks, as long as some sort of resupply is available. I usually resort to placing ATACMS on captured cities (initially near my capitol, as a defensive measure, but also advancing them slowly if the battle swings in my favor). I don't have to worry about resupplying them while they are on cities, but I'm pretty sure this is wasting A LOT of funds -- funds that could be put towards building more ATACMS Wink I thought I read somewhere that resupplying a unit on a city costs the same regardless of the amount of ammo expended.

Anyways, if instead these units (3 or more) were placed adjacent to a city, they could be resupplied simply by driving a truck onto the city. This would save a ton of money, while allowing each of these monsters to get a shot off each turn. There's still the issue of protecting these units from the bombers...

I'm still learning how to play this game (and have yet to play against a human opponent), but does this sound like a technique that might be worth the $$$ to implement? And resupplying only the supply truck each turn should save cash, right?
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: Mar Fri 25, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds good as far as we know. I haven't seen any concrete info on costs for resupply, but your idea is sound we just don't know about the funding side of things.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Fri 25, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just gonna take some work on someone's part to figure out all the funding elements. Between a move I'm trying to keep up with and starting about 200 ebay auctions (not using Turbolister >_
Also, I do know that resupply costs in field supplies are the same regardless of need for supply. I don't recall if the $ needed for supply are the same though. I will try to get info on this when I can, I'm adding it to my notes for the game.
tyrannical

PostPosted: Mar Tue 29, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ATACMS costs $110 to resupply with ammo, regardless if it needs 1 or 2 shots filled (if I remember correctly). Same price for city or truck replenishment.
You want to turn resupply on to manuel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: