Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

China Strategies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rohn

PostPosted: Feb Fri 25, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: China Strategies Reply with quote

I am playing as China vs Japan on the southern ocean free play mode. I have the computer(japan) set as normal.

I find China very weak in this game. There SPH units are not move+fire and all their tanks are only firepower 3 cannons. They get one firepower 4 unit that is weak at defense. The MRLS china units are short range(3) and their helicopters just don't seem to have that big of a punch.

Can anyone give me a China strategy that I can beat the computer with?What unit combinations or matchups work best?

I am 39 turns into my game and am slowly losing ground against the firepower 4 tanks of japan and their SPH units. I think defeat is inevitable or at least have to start over. I just can't find the right mix of units to take ground.
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: Feb Fri 25, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What unlockables do you have? Try attack choppers and mobile artillery in quanity. The Chinese benefit in the game is cheap price so swamp them if you have to, Try a human wave attack. They'll run out of ammo sooner or later.
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Mar Fri 04, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an initial problem on this map as well. Loading up on artillery and motorized infantry seems to help ALOT. I love trucks; you can capture alot of the neutral cities on this map in a hurry.
smaug_the_dragon

PostPosted: Apr Sun 10, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: possible solution Reply with quote

I ran into the same problem you're having. This is what I did that worked.

1. Stay ahead of Japan in captured cities, never let them get ahead. they got ahead of me by ten cities at the most. To stay ahead, use assault choppers and/or IFVs to capture the cities in the northwest part of the board.

2. Make a feint one way to invite a response, but send the bulk of your attack towards the northwest where all the cities are. Your objective there should be to either control those two airfields, or make it so the Japanese can not control and secure them. The place in question is that mountain range where your path to their capitol either forks northwest or northeast. Feint to the north east but send the bulk to the northwest. The northeast is narrow, where the bulk of his forces can be traffic jammed in a bottle-neck. Also, in that position you will have easy access to your cities for resupply.

3. Upon coming close to the 50 unit limit, buy Badger bombers. Your land forces cannot hold up to the Japanese in direct action. But, you can use Badgers to knock out the tanks. I used cheap tak destroyers in reserve, but used them to do sneak attacks on their mobile artillery. The Badgers did really well at taking out the tanks. I had no other answer for those tanks. When the bombers had to be resupplied, I sent helicopters after their supply transports. If they had no cities close by and no resupply vehicles, the Japanese had to retreat, irregardless of how much of my stuff they blew up.

This took me 95 turns to do it. After a month of play, I could probably do it in 50 -60 turns. Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: