Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stealth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaws

PostPosted: Mar Thu 17, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Stealth Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what is the benefit for having stealth? I’ll like to get some FB-22 but at the price of 5000 it is just a little bit to much right now. Anyone tried out a game to see if they can move by other units without being detected or attack without being detected? I guess I could try this out myself and see what happens in another game when I have time. I’m just wondering if anyone look into this.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Thu 17, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'll check that out.

I have been using B-2s a lot and they never "seem" to ever get spotted. I have a game going with them as we speak. I'll switch to the AI player and see what they see...if at all. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Mar Mon 21, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you learn anything about stealth when you switched sides, Semperfi?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Wed 23, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleTap wrote:
Did you learn anything about stealth when you switched sides, Semperfi?

Ah, I'll get back to you on that. I was swamped with some programming I had to do and had been too tired to play. Confused

I'll get on it tonight (March 23) and post my findings. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jaws

PostPosted: Mar Sat 26, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as far as I can tell… there is NO difference with having stealth, when it comes to seeing units. The only advantage that I see is that you have a higher evasion skill.
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Mar Tue 29, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaws wrote:
Well as far as I can tell… there is NO difference with having stealth, when it comes to seeing units. The only advantage that I see is that you have a higher evasion skill.

That would make B-1's alot more attractive, price-wise, than B-2's.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Tue 29, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems that AEW (Like the AWACS) doesn't spot the B-2s outside of their "visual" range. This might be a mistake on my part, but my friend kept not seeing my B-2s (Using Cruise missles) despite having an extensive AEW converage.

More tests to come, but it seems if it's within its range to reveal the fog of war, the B-2 is spotted, but outside of that, it's otherwise invisible to radar.

BTW, he had spotted several air units that were flying past the B-2 and that's how he found the B-2...Surprised the heck outta him. Laughing

SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Tue 19, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
Well, it seems that AEW (Like the AWACS) doesn't spot the B-2s outside of their "visual" range. This might be a mistake on my part, but my friend kept not seeing my B-2s (Using Cruise missles) despite having an extensive AEW converage.

More tests to come, but it seems if it's within its range to reveal the fog of war, the B-2 is spotted, but outside of that, it's otherwise invisible to radar.

BTW, he had spotted several air units that were flying past the B-2 and that's how he found the B-2...Surprised the heck outta him. Laughing

Stealth units don't show on "non-visual" detection range. They won't show up unless your unit can actually "see" the unit. After numerous tests, that seems to be the case.

Besides the obvious F-117 and B-2, I'm going to see if the F/B-22, F/A-22 and RAH-66 are "stealthy" like they are supposed to be.

tyrannical

PostPosted: Apr Thu 21, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "stealth" units have a bonus to avoiding missile attacks.
bisl

PostPosted: Apr Thu 21, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask--what does the MSLE property of weapons mean? If it means that they can be fooled by stealth, that makes sense, but that's the only thing seen so far that mentions missile weapons apart from other weapons.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Sun 24, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bisl wrote:
oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask--what does the MSLE property of weapons mean? If it means that they can be fooled by stealth, that makes sense, but that's the only thing seen so far that mentions missile weapons apart from other weapons.

1.) Yes, Stealth units are harder to hit with Missles.

2.) As far as I can tell, the MSLE property of weapons sets the weapon the ability to be "fooled" so it seems by stealth units.

As for other units having an evade against MSLE units I am not sure.

Though, certain units are more susceptible to MSLE attacks than cannon fire for example. How much of a difference that is, I'd have to find a way to test that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: