Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Generic units. What gives?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like the generic units?
Yes
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
No
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Undecided
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Tue 26, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Generic units. What gives? Reply with quote

The more I play this game, the more I wonder about the Generic Units. Why are they there when each country is so unique? It just doesn't make much sense.

Generic Unit List
- Transport Truck
- Supply Truck

- Transport Ship
- Supply Ship

- Infantry
- Paratroopers
- Special Forces

EDIT: Added the infantry units.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton

Last edited by SemperFi2382 on Apr Tue 26, 2005 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
indierockclimber

PostPosted: Apr Tue 26, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really mind it that much... but I see where you're coming from.

Still, I could care less if each country's supply truck had a different name or whatever.

I DO wish the infantries were different for each country.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Tue 26, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed the Chinese having HMMWVs as a recon unit... Confused

That's odd, I don't recall them ever buying them. In fact, I don't recall many armies using the US HMMWVs if at all.

As for the infantry, I'd at least like to see the names changed per country. Just because I'd think that they would fight differently. Like maybe the Chinese having a higher endurance infantry unit.

However, like you said it's just minor stuff. Just saying that when the next one rolls out, we have a wishlist to compare. Wink

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
indierockclimber

PostPosted: Apr Tue 26, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the chinese have an even cheaper/less equipped infantry. Cause if there's one thing the chinese have in droves, it's warm bodies.

Yeah no, I agree. The more units the better! I wish every force had as many as america... even though I never use half of them.
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Apr Tue 26, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chinese copy everything. They could have a copy of the Humvee in service. Hell, if you've played Mercenaries (great game), they have a jeep knockoff...
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Tue 26, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleTap wrote:
The Chinese copy everything. They could have a copy of the Humvee in service. Hell, if you've played Mercenaries (great game), they have a jeep knockoff...

Mercenaries is a great game. The jeep knockoff pretty much is the jeep, considering it's WWII tech for the most part (Of which we were allies then). However, I'd have figured they'd be using that as a recon unit. The Humvees are really out of place. (Almost all of their units are Russian, just with Chinese designations (If someone doesn't believe me, look at the flankers.).

Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Wed 27, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got "soft locked" in the first 5 minutes of Mercenaries, I drove the jeep up a hill trying to bypass some trees and got wedged between the crease of the hill and some trees, then I couldnt move even if I got out of the jeep!...kind of funny. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Apr Wed 27, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
I got "soft locked" in the first 5 minutes of Mercenaries, I drove the jeep up a hill trying to bypass some trees and got wedged between the crease of the hill and some trees, then I couldnt move even if I got out of the jeep!...kind of funny. Twisted Evil

Lol Doug. There are some nasty physics/collision bugs (maybe we should have tested it Twisted Evil ) in certain areas, though most are farther out of the way than most people tend to wander. Though people like myself and a friend of mine, love finding ways to "break" the game when we get bored (or stuck). We also found out that the way we play tends to allow us to find more "hidden" weapons or items than normal.

Try driving a tank (or other tracked vehicle) full speed on a bridge. The tracked vehicles will hit something on the bridge and literally make you lose control sometimes. (Very funny in some cases)

Buying myself a copy for myself is on my list of games to pick up. (Even though I nearly beat it already.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: