Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game froze, but then again didn't. Please read.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: May Sun 08, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Game froze, but then again didn't. Please read. Reply with quote

Something weird happened to me on the Madagasgar map the other day. I was Red (if I recall correctly but its immaterial) and the computer was the other 2 players. I elimated the land based opponent but still had Blue to contend with, who was using French forces. On turn 19 in the middle of Blue's turn the progress bar just stopped. What was weird was that while it wasn't moving and the computer had stopped I could still move/zoom the map around. The music still played but I couldn't access any menus. After waiting for about 20 min I gave up hope and reset the game. I was very upset because I lost many S-level saved units! Evil or Very Mad Has anyone else had this happen? Or it is it a freak occurance? Please let me know.

PostPosted: May Sun 08, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the same thing happen to me twice on a different map. I usually save my game every once in a while while playing, so when the first time it locked up I was not terribly mad, just irritated that I had to revert back to a saved game.

The next time I loaded the save game the game locked up again in a few turns again, luckly I never placed any units or I would have really been mad.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Mon 09, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd. Does it do that with all of your games?

I've played some ridiculous amount of hours in this game and I've never seen or had a freeze. Shocked

Dirty Lens perhaps.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: May Mon 09, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately a hardware lens problem.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Mon 09, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game passed cert with flying colors. More than likely a dirty lens or hardware issue. Funny story, I was playing games with my little brother (big shout out to my bro Johnny) not long ago and I told him the one "golden nugget" of gaming knowledge I have learned over the years is.....ready...Save often...especially in RPG's.

I say especially in RPG's because you never know when you might get killed by coming up against a really hard enemy or something like that. At the time, him and I were playing Champions of Norrath Return to Arms, and no more than like 3 minutes later (just after saving) we came upon a large group of strong enemies. He was weakened by a previous fight (and about 20 levels lower than me) and was killed quickly. I fought fierce, but was vanquished by so many.

So, I pass that obvious bit of knowledge to all. I am sorry to hear you lost your S ranked units. I would be disappointed as well. Hopefully it does not continue to happen. Also, this is the first problem (or complaint) I have heard about the game. I hope you get to continue with no more issues.

All the best,
Adoug Twisted Evil

PostPosted: May Mon 09, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine occurance was just an isolated case, but haven't played a different map yet.

I don't think it is a dirty lens since I haven't had a problem with any other games so far. Hopefully it is an isolated issue.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Mon 09, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if it happens and you saved before hand, try to do something different than what you did before it froze. Meaning, if you for instance, made a submarine and the game froze, next time around dont make the sub right away, but move a unit, then make the sub or make a different unit. Although everyone tries to make as clean a game as possible, sometimes bugs do slip through testing. Glad to hear it seems isolated. Keep me posted. Twisted Evil
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: May Mon 09, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me after losing my S-level units through an "ally's" victory (check other post) I'll be saving from now on! I've seen the light!!!! As far as the freeze goes I don't see how a dirty lense would still let you move the map around but anyways it has proven to be a freak occurance so far. Hasn't happened again. I appreciate the replies and STILL love this game!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: