Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheap wins.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you won a mission this way?
Yes.
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Yes, but I didn't like it.
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
No, haven't tried.
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
No, it's almost like cheating.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

prayerwarrior

PostPosted: Jun Thu 02, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not feel it is a cheap win at all. If in a modern military circumstance you take out the leadership of a country they will cease to become a viable military force. They may be able to become partisians, but when you cut off the head most military are very follow the orders from above.

The US miltary could continue tatically but not strategically. and this game is about countries military forces fighting not the citizens rising up. Because then if you lost terriortory you might have popular uprising.

I think if the computer is so intent on throwing everything at me, to destroy me. That is a viable military option. The computer is probably hoping that you will not have the resources to launch this type of attack.

Would you be upset if the computer was keeping 4 plus units back in capital defense, so it was opersting at a disadvantage.

I almost always leave my capitol unprotected, except for my constant reinforcment to the front line. The computer has tried this cheap win way a couple of times but I always detect him before he does.
Blowed up REAL good!

PostPosted: Jun Thu 02, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“If in a modern military circumstance you take out the leadership of a country they will cease to become a viable military force.”

In a third world country, I agree completely.
Blame it on what ever you want/believe, like the military hated the leaders anyhow and are looking for ANY excuse for a change, for example (Iraq rings a bell).
But I’ll never agree when it comes to a decent/brainy/stubborn (call it what you want) country.
I’ll never believe that the USA military would just “lay down” if Washington was destroyed.
I believe there are plans in place for this, and if all the “know nothing” politicians” got killed, then the top ranking general would happily assume command, and we would counter attack/what ever, …..ANY thing except give up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I'm sorry for snipping like this”

Expressing your view is not “snipping”…..so you “carry on” soldier! Smile

“Elder Scrolls:Morrowind has more exploits than most commercial games I've seen.”

EXACTLY the game I think of when I say glitches can “ruin” it.
If you know the “target effect” glitch, you can raise all your stats/skills to 65000 plus, and, if that wasn’t insanely enough, you can also use it to create weapons that kill Gods in a couple hits (which hardly matters since with 65000+ etc, they can’t hurt you anyhow).
It COMPLETELY takes all challenge out of the game.
It is great for awhile, but then you realize there is no challenge…..no discovery….no useful lessons learned….no wisdom/strength gained from age/experience.
….and then you start a new character…with no weapons, no armor, no magic…..and find out just how good a player you really are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree everyone should play the way they want….and there is no evil in that.
You paid your money…..you do whatever you want.
It was not my intention to disparage the approach others use, just to express my opinion.

My personal perspective is simply that if I don’t earn it, I don’t deserve it.
Maybe an old outdated/inefficient view, but then I’m no spring chicken (CLUCK!...hack..hack…cough) Smile
prayerwarrior

PostPosted: Jun Fri 03, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do understand what you are saying about the idea of a cheap win. I do not consider the capitals in this game to represent the political leadership. I consider it the military cammond and control functions.

Which as we have waged war recently we go after the head first and leave the body to die(Iraq War's): Then go after the body and leave the head alone(Vietnam).

So as you see I look at it totally differently then you and see this is a decicive strike on the C and C structure of the opposing Military.

I do not doubt people will try to rise up in ranks and do the commands job. it is just they will not have the overall picture that is needed stratigically to be fully effective.

This is why we are equipping lower and lower down the command structure more info to the soldiers so they can do there job better in cases of this. But we are also trying to feed bad info to the enemy to get them to go the wrong way.

But no matter what happens this game in my oponion is one the best games of its kind. It is nice to argue about this stratagy but we are still playing the game and I will continue to play the game

Another thought is humans are tricky and you can't yet design a computer that has to go through logically steps before it makes a decision to follow what we can do. Remember Napolean used the same overall tactics for years and nobody could beat him. Nobody said he was a cheater. You could look at it this way. The next game might have this stratagy taken care of and we will find another so called cheap win way to do this. This is what makes it fun for us all.
Iron Giant

PostPosted: Jun Fri 03, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have noticed is that sometimes this tactic works, but if you don't pull it off in 1 turn, its a waste of men. If you can land, wipe out resistance and take the capital in one turn, you win. If not, the computer surrounds his capital with units on his next turn and your weakend assault cant continue.

So far my experience has been that its a powerful tactic, but only if everything goes your way and his capital has lots of open space and only one unit in the middle. If he has anything to hamper you, the game is up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: