Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

just a couple of questions about air units' detection ranges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROBERT

PostPosted: May Thu 26, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: just a couple of questions about air units' detection ranges Reply with quote

1.- From prevously posted messages in this forum I got to know (thank you guys) that since air units use radar to detect enemy forces their detection range info (on the unit detail screen) does not actually reflects their absoulte range capabilities but refers to an allowance to either "see" ground units at certain range and to "detect" air units at wider range, so for example, the USA F-16 C Falcon unit detail screen displays that this air unit has a 4 hex detection range at med-hi altitudes, but from prcatice I know that this figure actually means that this unit can "see" ground units at a 2 hex range and the gr, and to "detect" enemy air units at med-hi air.

So my question is: is there a panel where this dual info is displayed..or I just have to either memorize each unit allowance or simply guess?

2.- In the unit detail screen, to the left of the "Det.Range" sign is another sign that displays "Elev." and two arrows (up and down) with two numbers next to each one...What's this info about?

I just can't find that info in the manual
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Thu 26, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: just a couple of questions about air units' detection ra Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
1.- From prevously posted messages in this forum I got to know (thank you guys) that since air units use radar to detect enemy forces their detection range info (on the unit detail screen) does not actually reflects their absoulte range capabilities but refers to an allowance to either "see" ground units at certain range and to "detect" air units at wider range, so for example, the USA F-16 C Falcon unit detail screen displays that this air unit has a 4 hex detection range at med-hi altitudes, but from prcatice I know that this figure actually means that this unit can "see" ground units at a 2 hex range and the gr, and to "detect" enemy air units at med-hi air.

So my question is: is there a panel where this dual info is displayed..or I just have to either memorize each unit allowance or simply guess?

2.- In the unit detail screen, to the left of the "Det.Range" sign is another sign that displays "Elev." and two arrows (up and down) with two numbers next to each one...What's this info about?

I just can't find that info in the manual

The arrows allow for selection of the altitude you wish to check. I have to look to see what numbers your referring to as I don't recall the numbers there, but I don't have the screen memorized yet lol. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ROBERT

PostPosted: May Fri 27, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you man.. I appreciate

I wish you got the time to check that out and to answer my questions

is just that I love this game but there are still some little details that I don´t get quite well yet, and the manual sometime lacks of important info (I hope JVG takes note of this)

This forum has been a real help though, here I have been given important pearls of wisdom that have improved my gameplay A LOT..Thanks to all you guys
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Fri 27, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
Thank you man.. I appreciate

I wish you got the time to check that out and to answer my questions

is just that I love this game but there are still some little details that I don´t get quite well yet, and the manual sometime lacks of important info (I hope JVG takes note of this)

This forum has been a real help though, here I have been given important pearls of wisdom that have improved my gameplay A LOT..Thanks to all you guys

For sure this weekend I'll dedicate some time to writing up a guide for air unit detection. Maybe one that JVG can add to the FAQ.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: May Sat 28, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the little arrows refer to the drop and rise in elevations for example bombs can be dropped on ground targets from mid air but not on sea zone as it is actually a two step drop. it does say it in the last pages of the manual i believe. the ones describing what the different info screens are.

PostPosted: May Sun 29, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid the manual doesn't say a thing about the info display we are refering to; it does say on page 45 about the generic unit detail screen though, and a even a picture of the very display were disscusing about is pasted (of M1A2 Abrams), but without explaining it at all.

at first I interpretated those figures (which not vary when switching betwen altitudes) as a quick reference for the unit's detection ranges, as it is next to and even connected by a line to the detection range display, so for example, the USA B-2 Spirit displays (up arrow)2 (down arrow)4, so one could interpret that as: can detect enemies flying up to 2 (med hi) and swiming down at 4 (deep sea?), but that is not quite correct because from switching altitudes you would see this unit can detect enemies at hi air, and can not detect nor attack deep sea units, and considering that attack ranges are actually the weapons' ranges, which have their own info screen so as the detection ranges have, I conluded that those figures I'm asking about reffer to something else, or must be interpetated in accordance with the weapons' ranges info, which is not likely, because from the weapon range pannel only I can obtain that info (attack ranges with altittudes) quite well.

I might be missing something, but I still don't get it right, considering the paragraph above
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: May Mon 30, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I didn't understand what you were referring to due to my own poor reading skills. based on the manual page I would guess that the arrows refer to .... I don't know. I'll have to look at it in-game sorry for posting without realizing what you wanted.
ROBERT

PostPosted: May Mon 30, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all

If you find the answer please let me know
tyrannical

PostPosted: Jun Sat 04, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I though that the height you were at also affected detection range. You might have a medium detection range of 4 when flying at medium height. But if you were flying at high altitude, your medium detection range could change.
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jun Sat 04, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, the dection range on all units remains exactly the same regardless of the ground/height they are positioned at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: