Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greatest Strategy game on the xbox?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
da3chicago

PostPosted: May Sat 14, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Greatest Strategy game on the xbox? Reply with quote

I think So.
ROBERT

PostPosted: May Sat 14, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: I agree..but Reply with quote

but I don´t think the game has so many competitors on the xbox though

have you tried to compare it with any of it´s similar type titles relased for the PC?

Personally, I found DSVII more entertaining than Operational art of war II...and that´s a tough choice, believe me, considering OPART could be deeper

Now I ask you....do you know a PC game that matchs DSVII? (of the same type of course, excluding WWII themed and RTS) if you do please tell me
Arkanian

PostPosted: May Sun 15, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steel Panthers, especially SPMBT http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm is pretty good. Unfortunately some folks have problems with it b/c it's a modification of a fairly old DOS game, and some graphics cards cause it to freeze. Still, I'd highly recommend it.

(of course, *my* computer is one of the ones that freezes up, so DSVII is my current game of choice in that genre) -- now when that windows version of SPMBT comes out, we'll have to re-evaluate. Smile
ROBERT

PostPosted: May Sun 15, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I' didn't know about SPMBT, seems good

Just a couple of questions to get an idea of the game:

What's your choice between OPARTOWII and this SPMBT?

What makes this game (better/worst) diferent from OPARTOWII?

I'm thinking about getting SPMBT but from the link you posted it's seems to have a lot of troubles...are those system problems really annoying..I mean...I won't be able to play the game on a Windows XP Laptop for example?
ROBERT

PostPosted: May Sun 15, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Steel Panthers: World at war?

Is it good?...does it has the same running problems as SPMBT?
ROBERT

PostPosted: May Sun 15, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh I see..that one is a WWII themed....not to match DSVII
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Sun 15, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Greatest Strategy game on the xbox? Reply with quote

da3chicago wrote:
I think So.

Compared to what else is available yeah. As for anything comparable on the PC, well we haven't gotten anything here in the states that's all that recent.

Though overseas they have Dai Senryaku 2.0 which I'd love to see ported over. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DoubleTap

PostPosted: May Mon 16, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about strategy console games? The Romance of the Three Kingdoms series has eaten up big chunks of my time, as have Panzer General and Allied General.
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: May Tue 17, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: I agree..but Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:

have you tried to compare it with any of it´s similar type titles relased for the PC?

Personally, I found DSVII more entertaining than Operational art of war II...and that´s a tough choice, believe me, considering OPART could be deeper

Now I ask you....do you know a PC game that matchs DSVII? (of the same type of course, excluding WWII themed and RTS) if you do please tell me

I think that DS VII is the best you can get on Xbox. Or any other game console in my opinion. Especially if you have an interest in modern weapons. The weapons available are a Godsend to people like me who read just about every Jane's publication wondering how these weapons would match up against each other. On the PC I was a big fan of Panzer General and Allied General. I played the hell out of those 2 games. I'm glad Robert mentioned 'The Operational Art of War'. I played the Century of Warfare version and loved it. Especially the speculative scenarios. I think that playing that style of game has really helped me in DS VII as far as balancing my army's capabilities. The only thing that I think DS VII could improve on is the graphics and cinematics. Of course complaining about this is like saying you didn't like an awesome gift because of the wrapping paper it came in! Wink Anyways, congrats to the KEMCO guys because this game is just fantastic and I'll be playing it for a long time!
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: May Tue 17, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: I agree..but Reply with quote

DanielRuoss wrote:
ROBERT wrote:

I think that DS VII is the best you can get on Xbox. Or any other game console in my opinion. Especially if you have an interest in modern weapons. The weapons available are a Godsend to people like me who read just about every Jane's publication wondering how these weapons would match up against each other. On the PC I was a big fan of Panzer General and Allied General. I played the hell out of those 2 games. I'm glad Robert mentioned 'The Operational Art of War'. I played the Century of Warfare version and loved it. Especially the speculative scenarios. I think that playing that style of game has really helped me in DS VII as far as balancing my army's capabilities. The only thing that I think DS VII could improve on is the graphics and cinematics. Of course complaining about this is like saying you didn't like an awesome gift because of the wrapping paper it came in! Wink Anyways, congrats to the KEMCO guys because this game is just fantastic and I'll be playing it for a long time!

You'd stop at the graphics and cinematics? Welcome to Dai Senryaku 7.5!

This is the XBox, it has a hard drive, let's do the math...nevermind. No math needed. Unit editor. More than 8 saves. Larger maps. Break the 99 turn limit. More countries. Allowing the building of full fledged scenarios with pre-set units and options for frozen or standard funding/fuel, custom countries, units are pervasive across missions in mission mode, personalties behind armies...

And that is just the tip of the iceberg...

Weather!
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: May Tue 17, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, ok! If you want to get into all that, sure it can be better. I was just speaking in the most general sense of the game's quality. Those few things listed would definitely enhance the game. All of that aside.....

I'd really like to thank you JVGFanatic for your work on the DS VII FAQs and unit list. They're extremey helpful and I'm always flipping through the one I printed. Please let us know when you change or add anything.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: May Wed 18, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol JVG. If Dai Senryaku VII had all those features, I think it could easily take the cake as best console strategy game ever.

I'm looking forward to the PS2 version to see what they do there. I'm not expecting miracles, but one can hope. I really hope they port the PS2 version over here as well. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Jun Tue 14, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good one on the PC is from Battlefront.com, it's called TAC OPS.
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Jun Thu 23, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up Romance of the Three Kingdoms X last night. So far, so good.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Thu 23, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you played Kingdom Under Fire yet? It is pretty good, although I havent got into it as much as I should have or would have liked...stupid work getting in the way... Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: