Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

alter Yager's flight characteristics?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taragem

PostPosted: May Wed 25, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: alter Yager's flight characteristics? Reply with quote

I want to alter the steering characteristics of the Sagittarius, i.e. soften the left and right and up and down movement so the control is less jerky. This is a common complaint in Yager reviews, which I have to agree.

There's a file called config.ysc that contains:

set CFG_IPT_NOSELEFT1 4096
set CFG_IPT_NOSELEFT2 0
set CFG_IPT_NOSERIGHT1 4096
set CFG_IPT_NOSERIGHT2 0
set CFG_IPT_NOSEUP1 4097
set CFG_IPT_NOSEUP2 0
set CFG_IPT_NOSEDOWN1 4097
set CFG_IPT_NOSEDOWN2 0
set CFG_IPT_STRAFELEFT1 30
set CFG_IPT_STRAFELEFT2 0
set CFG_IPT_STRAFERIGHT1 32
set CFG_IPT_STRAFERIGHT2 0
set CFG_IPT_SINK1 1285
set CFG_IPT_SINK2 0
set CFG_IPT_RAISE1 1284
set CFG_IPT_RAISE2 0

Does anyone know if these settings control steering, or is there another file? On the small chance any of the Yager developers still read this forum, can the flight characteristics be changed? Thanks.

Tara

http://users4.ev1.net/~taragem/yager.htm
Crawdaddy79

PostPosted: Jun Sun 19, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly certain those numbers signify the key bindings for the controls, and not the actual flight characteristics of the ship.

There's the primary and alternate for each... The IPT part of each string likely means input.

My main problems with the controls are not the jerkiness.. but the slow movement... I have autoaim set to 100% because I can't ever seem to get the crosshair set on a target.. and the Guns and Games mission was a major pain because moving the mouse did not give an immediate response... You had to move about a full second ahead of where you wanted the gun to point.

I'd use my gamepad, but the game's config only recognizes my analog sticks as a hat and D-Pad, and tells me I can't configure movement with those 'buttons'.
taragem

PostPosted: Jun Sun 19, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm fairly certain those numbers signify the key bindings for the controls, and not the actual flight characteristics of the ship."

Ok, thanks.

"My main problems with the controls are not the jerkiness.. but the slow movement..."

Hmm...I use a joystick and don't have a problem with slow movement. For me, it's too fast!

"...the Guns and Games mission was a major pain because moving the mouse did not give an immediate response... You had to move about a full second ahead of where you wanted the gun to point."

I think they were trying to emulate real turret movement. A gun that big isn't going to move instantly, there's going to be a delay (like the flak guns in Call of duty), so you have to anticipate where the target's going to be. But I could be wrong... Shocked

Tara
http://users4.ev1.net/~taragem/yager.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Yager All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: