Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ou812

PostPosted: Apr Sat 16, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Sound Issues Reply with quote

Is anyone else having problems with this game automaticly turning sounds off after every mission??
AeXStrider

PostPosted: Apr Sun 17, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
Yes sometimes the sound level of one slider is completely off, and sometimes the mission briefing has no audio. Sort of sucks , since there is no other way to find out what to do.

I have tried turning down the amount of sound channels, and also increasing them , but it appears to be random.
Since everything is already on the Hard Drive, I really think it is a memory clearing issue with the program. Mad
Next time , I am going to try stopping the game after a completed mission, and see if that fixes it.
Confused
DanTe0644

PostPosted: Apr Wed 20, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

If I restart a mission right after I start it and adjust the sound it works.
Hopefuly there will be a patch to fix it

PostPosted: May Mon 16, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the whole sound thing is a pain in the butt. if anyone from Kemco read this, COMMON FIX IT. the sound in the us version drops for no reason. feel free to caontact me other than that the game is fun.
Crawdaddy79

PostPosted: Jun Tue 14, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem..

What a horrible problem to have.

The game might actually be enjoyable if not for this major issue.

I guess that's the price we pay for buying a console port.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jun Tue 14, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Kemco has done anything about this but the developer (who I don't believe is Kemco) should at least issue a patch. Since the package has Kemco's name on it I would expect SOME sort of answer here though.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Tue 14, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets clarify shall we. Aerial Strike: The Yager Missions, which is what the North America PC version is called, is not a console port. In fact, it is a direct PC port of the European cousin called Yager. As far as the sound bug is concerned, I would contact customer support at Dreamcatcher, which you will find on the box and in the readme file of the disc. Twisted Evil I hope this helps.
Crawdaddy79

PostPosted: Jun Wed 15, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that the Yager development team made the XBOX version first (yes.. before the European version), I cannot bring myself to believe that this is not a console port.

As you may notice here: http://www.yager.de/en/project.html it states "We are currently working on the PC conversion" which means to me, that they are converting the game from XBOX to PC.

I would love to contact Dreamcatcher regarding this, but you see.. they are a POS publishing company and will not update their site accordingly... It's almost as if Aerial Strike were not published by them at all.

I finally managed to get to a page where I would but in a tech support request, but after hitting submit it brought me to a "error in php line xxx" page and then redirected me to a 404 page. I shot out a blind email to and have yet to get a response (3 days now).

I also posted on their forums.. but I doubt anyone important will see it there.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Thu 16, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh..point taken. I SHOULD have said, "It is not a console port from the North American version, but a direct port of the Euro PC version." Aerial Strike has multiplayer and several playable ships/levels that Yager (console) does not have, making it similiar but different enough not to be the same game to me, but that is my personal oppinion. The Xbox EURO version was released before the PC Euro version. But anywho....

Sorry I can't help you out, but hopefully you will find help from your email you sent to dreamcatcher. Also, you could contact Yager Development. The PC version of the game is out of my hands. Also, you would be hard pressed to find the Kemco Logo on the PC package...it is not there JVGfanatic Wink . Kemco is listed in the very fine print at the bottom however.. Twisted Evil Just being a smart arse.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jun Thu 16, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, okay then, I'm allowed a bit of smart-ass myself then (all in GOOD humor though).

I didn't say LOGO did I? Nope, I said "Name" and thus my vidication. I will now be able to sleep at nights even though I have never played or seen this game. lol.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Thu 16, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang crafty linguistic skills... Twisted Evil
taragem

PostPosted: Jun Sun 19, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yager Development team got on-board the Cathargo and sailed away in to the sunset, never to be seen again. Laughing

Seriously, I sent an email to Yager Dev. months ago and didn't get a reply and weren't they supposed to...uh hem...monitor this forum? Wink

"Sorry I can't help you out, but hopefully you will find help from your email you sent to dreamcatcher. Also, you could contact Yager Development." Laughing

Tara
http://users4.ev1.net/~taragem/yager.htm
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Sun 19, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Yager Development is still up and running and quite busy on other things Wink . However, again, your best bet would be dreamcatcher. Twisted Evil
Crawdaddy79

PostPosted: Jun Mon 20, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
your best bet would be dreamcatcher. Twisted Evil

Haha... If they are our best bet, then we are in very very bad shape.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Yager All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: