Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greatest Strategy game on the xbox?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jun Thu 23, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got ROT3K X last night as well.

Though you didn't ask me I will answer for me Smile I have played (and really enjoyed) Kingdom Under Fire. I didn't play online much but would love to do so at some point in time. I'll have to get back into the game though as I remember having to "find a groove" before truly enjoying it and it's been a LONG time since I've played it.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Thu 23, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you have played it JVG...we have discussed it (when we exchanged Gamertags) but, you were probably letting the others know...so ya...I guess I will just go eat my Subway now... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Jun Thu 23, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the old Kingdom Under Fire. The Crusaders, was it? How's the new one.

Am I the only one who didn't hate the battle system in ROTK9? I normally don't care for RTS-type battles (they usually end up just being production races...), but ROTK9 manages to remain 'strategic', and also to instill a sense of urgency.

Also, I absolutely, positively, could not win a debate in ROTKX to save my life last night. Xu Yu, I think it was, was kicking my ass. Damn "Fault" command.
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Jun Thu 23, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Am I the only one who didn't hate the battle system in ROTK9? I normally don't care for RTS-type battles (they usually end up just being production races...), but ROTK9 manages to remain 'strategic', and also to instill a sense of urgency.

Also, I absolutely, positively, could not win a debate in ROTKX to save my life last night. Xu Yu, I think it was, was kicking my ass. Damn "Fault" command.

Oops. Forgot to log in.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jun Thu 23, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Kingdom Under Fire (XBox version) a lot. There are some really great missions in that game and they are a real challenge. The only downside is the challenge sometimes boils down control issues but with work those issues can become negligible. Once you get a real handle on the controls it plays very neatly.

I still haven't beat the game but it remains on my shelf for the day that I have the time to do so. Many other games formerly on that shelf have been sold as fodder so that say something good about KUF I suppose.
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Jun Fri 24, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Also, I absolutely, positively, could not win a debate in ROTKX to save my life last night. Xu You, I think it was, was kicking my ass. Damn "Fault" command.

JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jun Fri 24, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I hear an echo?

If you are looking for affirmation that no one liked the battle system in ROT3K 9 then I'm sure you'll find a lot of support at gamefaqs, lol.

I personally play every game the way the designers intended. If I don't like something I try to excuse it by telling myself "the designers intended it this way and there must be something to it." With that in mind, the battle systems in ROT3K have always been somewhat "weak" points but I still find the games enjoyable (all of them from IV on anyway).

I've not played enough ROT3K X to have gotten into a debate yet. I like to play as free officers and just kind of putz around in the game until I have a handle on the basic menu commands. I'd guess that sometime this weekend I will start playing a little more aggressively if I can find the time.

Two other arrivals have been distracting me as well: Namco X Capcom and Super Robot Wars MX. I really have to get back to working on reviews for the site...before that though I've got to get my databases to work behind this router/hub mess...

Come to think of it, none of my contributors have sent in a review either Razz

Oh yeah, I'll also be working on a small article (again, hopefully this weekend >_Tenant Wars
and the US Playstation version of Top Shop. They are both the same game (I think) but I'm going to play them side by side with a detailed eye so I can document anything that changed from the Saturn rev to the PSX rev.
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jun Sat 25, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Above in this topic Arkanian wrote:

Steel Panthers, especially SPMBT http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm is pretty good. Unfortunately some folks have problems with it b/c it's a modification of a fairly old DOS game, and some graphics cards cause it to freeze. Still, I'd highly recommend it.

(of course, *my* computer is one of the ones that freezes up, so DSVII is my current game of choice in that genre) -- now when that windows version of SPMBT comes out, we'll have to re-evaluate.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jun Sat 25, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's out, check another topic in this forum.
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Jun Mon 27, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell did I quote myself for? Yeesh.

Fanatic- I've tried a couple of Campaigns. Simplified battle system, but you can conquer an entire region by campaigning against all the cities in that region. Food for your armies becomes a major issue, which is pretty cool.

Debates get a WHOLE lot easier when you have one or two CHA-based skills. If you don't, somebody throws two "argues" and an "awe" at you, and it's all over.

For some reason, I was not completely blown away by X initially, but I can't seem to stop playing it. Hmmmm.
tyrannical

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In DS:VII unit and weapons name and statistics are in simple text files. It would be easy to decode the formatting and make your own units. If you had a modded Xbox that is.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyrannical wrote:
In DS:VII unit and weapons name and statistics are in simple text files. It would be easy to decode the formatting and make your own units. If you had a modded Xbox that is.

Lol, funny thing is that a LOT of strategy games are easy to edit once you have the proper file name to edit or overwrite.

Though the modded XBox is a big sticking point for a lot of people, cause that usually makes it harder to sell back and you're taking a risk when you mod.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Nov Tue 29, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
tyrannical wrote:

Lol, funny thing is that a LOT of strategy games are easy to edit once you have the proper file name to edit or overwrite.

Though the modded XBox is a big sticking point for a lot of people, cause that usually makes it harder to sell back and you're taking a risk when you mod.

Harder to sell back? mod risk? lol, only in the USA, outside the states everything is possible Laughing
ROBERT

PostPosted: Dec Mon 05, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know exactly what you´re talking about....

Down here I know about a supplier, I really don´t know who this guy is related to or what´s his deal, but he gets xbox titles two or even 3 days before US official relase, and that for the price of $5 dollars (burned copies) he even advertises on the local newspaper.

I´m not saying I´m one of his customers, I´m just saying that outside the states the posibilities are endless, so....... who´s your daddy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: