Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nice looking turn-based warfare simulation coming for xbox
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jun Sun 12, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Nice looking turn-based warfare simulation coming for xbox Reply with quote

Jus check out those screenshots...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/strategy/shatteredunion/index.html
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jun Sun 12, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty cool. Maybe there should be a Daisen Vs. Shattered Union World Domination! Twisted Evil
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jun Mon 13, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also coming out for PC and PS2. Sweet looking game.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jun Mon 13, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely worth following.

I wonder if it is going to be all US Tech. I see some things that looked Euro and Russian, as well as some futuristic looking stuff. One can hope lol.

Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: Jun Mon 13, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait it will be awesome!
ROBERT

PostPosted: Jun Mon 13, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the euro russian looking stuff is because there's a "European Expeditionay Force" as a team in the game
Arpeegy

PostPosted: Jul Fri 08, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT wrote:
I guess the euro russian looking stuff is because there's a "European Expeditionay Force" as a team in the game

This game looks truly cool. I must have it. Wink
tyrannical

PostPosted: Jul Sun 10, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shattered Union makes me think that some other company was just a little bit lazy in the graphics department.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sun 10, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyrannical wrote:
Shattered Union makes me think that some other company was just a little bit lazy in the graphics department.

Stop trolling for flames.

Kemco had NOTHING to do with the games development, so your complaints are going to the wrong company.

Not to mention that Dai Senryaku VII has a different flair/feel to it than Shattered Union.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Sun 10, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really see that as trolling. Viewing the Dai Senryaku series as a whole it's easy to make a complaint towards the graphics. I wouldn't dare call ANY company with the kind of record that System Soft Alpha "lazy" and I would take issue with that weak opinion. At the same time, it's easy to see where a lot of graphic detail was lost when the game came to XBox. Sure, that had nothing to do with Kemco but it did come a surprise to me. I figured that SOMEWHERE they had to have textured 3D models of the units, every other D. game up til how has had them.

I really can't comment on the graphics though without mentioning that this is the FASTEST D. game I've played to date. I think that more than makes up for the losses.

I don't let a little thing like graphics get in the way of a good game anyway. When the eye candy IS there I'll say "sweet" but it isn't necessary, particularly with turn based strategy.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Thu 14, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: WOWOWOWOW! Reply with quote

The manual for Pirates has a advert for Shattered Union on the back.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Thu 14, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The graphics issue is heard, by the way, and understood. It was something I wanted to change, but it just didnt pan out that way. Perhaps if and when Kemco USA publishes another, we can do something about it. Twisted Evil
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Thu 14, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only hope that Kemco doesn't take the Sony line. If you decide to release Daisenryaku VII Exceed (hint, hint) in the states and then hem-and-haw about the graphics, or set your goals so far out that the game never comes then I'd rather have bland graphics than no game at all.

Don't let the graphics whores discourage Kemco from releasing good titles.

(ps. I have a graphics whore in me too, I taught 3D design at Whatcom Community College so I definitely love me some eye candy)
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Thu 14, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
I only hope that Kemco doesn't take the Sony line. If you decide to release Daisenryaku VII Exceed (hint, hint) in the states and then hem-and-haw about the graphics, or set your goals so far out that the game never comes then I'd rather have bland graphics than no game at all.

Don't let the graphics whores discourage Kemco from releasing good titles.

(ps. I have a graphics whore in me too, I taught 3D design at Whatcom Community College so I definitely love me some eye candy)

Yeah, I'll take the same line as JVG here. You can have both something that looks good and plays well, but don't go putting one ahead of the other.

Hell, I'd love to see beautifully detailed tanks plowing headlong into battle with an enemy armor column anytime. Just make sure you model it right Razz

katana

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks cool and they even the mig-31 firefox (fake)
i might be wrong
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/strategy/shatteredunion/screens.html?page=12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: