Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resupply Bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maul

PostPosted: Jul Tue 26, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Resupply Bug Reply with quote

So, I end my 58th turn. I'm on the verge of wrapping up a really long map (Fortress) and I'm looking forward to saving a ton of 'S' units. The remaining army (Red) does it thing, starts to resupply, and the game locks up.

wtf?

I reload mulitiple times, no luck. The game locks at the same point.

Then I try to use the freeplay win map cheat to hopefully salvage the units. I enter the code correctly (because the game says cheat enabled) load the game, and hold the white button when I press 'end turn'. Nope, no luck. Red continues to play and locks up on resupply.

double wtf.

I try to take control of Red in an attempt to manually control the resupply. I didn't have any luck.

So...

1. wtf is with the bug? Am I to expect that the map will lock up at anytime in the middle of a game? I can't tell you how fast I went from loving the game to extreme irratation knowing that any map I play 'could' end up as a waste of time. I am used to PC games crashing out of the blue, not console games.

2. Any recommended workarounds to save my units? I have no idea why I couldn't get the win freeplay map code to work. I used the mission code to win all the missions to unlock all the units/maps.

Help?
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Tue 26, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sorry to hear you have a bug. What can I say, but it happens. Even with the hardest of efforts put forth by Publishers and First Party (MS, Sony, Nintendo), sometimes bugs slip through. More than likely it is specific to the entire set up (amount of units on the board, what units it is resupplying, how many players, you know, very specific). I would suggest you attempt to take over Red, as you tried, and either resupply at a base, or destroy or create some other units, change it up a bit, move around slightly, etc. TRY TO SWITCH UP WHATEVER IT IS YOU ARE DOING. By doing so, you MIGHT change whatever is causing the problem and get by the bug. Obviously, this is a rare bug, since know one else has complained about it. Sorry for the trouble. Wink

The difference about PC titles and console titles is that PC titles do not have to be submitted to anyone for approval, where as console titles do. So, bugs are more prevalant in PC titles. Twisted Evil
Maul

PostPosted: Jul Tue 26, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the best way to take over Red and disband units? When I tried, I 'was' Red, but the comp was controling the units.

If its possible I'll take over red and disband every freaking unit.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Tue 26, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

End your turn and then immediately start pressing Start until the menu comes up. There may not be an opportunity to switch sides and you may hit the bug before the menu comes up HOWEVER if the menu should come up then just go down to Players and set it to 1P or some such thing (anything other than Computer AI).

At that point you will control the computer's army.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Tue 26, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What JVG said, thanks JV...I was busy. Twisted Evil
Maul

PostPosted: Jul Tue 26, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
End your turn and then immediately start pressing Start until the menu comes up. There may not be an opportunity to switch sides and you may hit the bug before the menu comes up HOWEVER if the menu should come up then just go down to Players and set it to 1P or some such thing (anything other than Computer AI).

At that point you will control the computer's army.

Righto, thats what I was missing. The comp kicked into overdrive so I was wondering if I could even do it. I'll try tonight. Luckily the comp does a few attacks.
Maul

PostPosted: Jul Wed 27, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, mission salvaged Smile
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Wed 27, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear! Hopefully, that is the last of the little bug! Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Wed 27, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Great to hear! Hopefully, that is the last of the little bug! Twisted Evil

Yeah. I have yet to have that problem, but I feel for you. I hate being in the middle of a tense game and suddenly the game just...dies. I've never had that happen on a console, though...yet.

Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Wed 27, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAAAAY back in testing it was seen on occasion, but it was a very rare bug and very hard to dupe. I am not saying this is the same bug, but I would be willing to bet it is related. Twisted Evil Glad to hear it is not an issue anymore. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Wed 27, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, while not as serious as the previously mentioned bug, I noticed that you can "cheat" and resupply from a newly built Supply Truck.

Assuming you're next to the truck when you build it. Wink

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Wed 27, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
BTW, while not as serious as the previously mentioned bug, I noticed that you can "cheat" and resupply from a newly built Supply Truck.

Lol, that one would be triaged right outta the buglist Smile
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Wed 27, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
SemperFi2382 wrote:

Lol, that one would be triaged right outta the buglist Smile

Yeah, but it interesting to note that it exists. Laughing

Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: