Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What unit is this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maul

PostPosted: Jul Mon 18, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: What unit is this? Reply with quote

I'm digging through jvgfanatic's unit faq and I see this. I don't remember seeing it IG. Is this ground to air?

Quote:
--------------------
Artillery (Deployed)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M39 ATACMS Deployed - USA
Cost:1200 StdMv: 0 Stlth: 0 Detection Dp/Su/Gr/Lw/Mi/Hi/Up/Dn
Fuel: 70 HiMov: 0 Endur: 2 SubUn: 10 0| 2| 2| 1| 1| 0| 2| 1
Abilities: DPLY, M
MGM-140 ATACMS 2 5/2/A 0/0/0/12/8/0 0/0/62/60/30/19 N/N/Y/N/N/Y

And while tou're at it...

What is the A in this little part:

Quote:
5/2/A

I see A1 all the time. I think A1 is counter attack.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Jul Mon 18, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A = Attack
A1 = Attack/Counterattack.

And no, by the numbers it's surface attack but without my key I can't be certain. I also think it has an area effect. Working off memory (and lack of a key to the chart) there...
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Mon 18, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What unit is this? Reply with quote

Maul wrote:
I'm digging through jvgfanatic's unit faq and I see this. I don't remember seeing it IG. Is this ground to air?

Quote:
--------------------
Artillery (Deployed)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M39 ATACMS Deployed - USA
Cost:1200 StdMv: 0 Stlth: 0 Detection Dp/Su/Gr/Lw/Mi/Hi/Up/Dn
Fuel: 70 HiMov: 0 Endur: 2 SubUn: 10 0| 2| 2| 1| 1| 0| 2| 1
Abilities: DPLY, M
MGM-140 ATACMS 2 5/2/A 0/0/0/12/8/0 0/0/62/60/30/19 N/N/Y/N/N/Y

And while tou're at it...

What is the A in this little part:

Quote:
5/2/A

I see A1 all the time. I think A1 is counter attack.

No, it's a surface to surface weapon.

ATACMS, employed by the US. Very long range artillery.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Jul Mon 18, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil All hail the ATACMS!!! Twisted Evil I love this baby! Use 3 or 4 of these beauties with a supply vehicle and you can hold off most any attack. This frees up my air units and air-mobile infantry to tear ass around the map causing all kinds of havoc. I love it! I love it! I love it! Very Happy
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Thu 21, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanielRuoss wrote:
Twisted Evil All hail the ATACMS!!! Twisted Evil I love this baby! Use 3 or 4 of these beauties with a supply vehicle and you can hold off most any attack. This frees up my air units and air-mobile infantry to tear ass around the map causing all kinds of havoc. I love it! I love it! I love it! Very Happy

While is it also one of the most vulnerable (from air attacks at least), it is easily one of the most lethal units at the disposal of US forces in the game. Twisted Evil

Which, oddly, the AI doesn't seem to use them, if at all, chossing the smaller ranged and more mobile MLRS.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Maul

PostPosted: Jul Thu 21, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
While is it also one of the most vulnerable (from air attacks at least)

Yep, I found this out Wink

SemperFi2382 wrote:
it is easily one of the most lethal units at the disposal of US forces in the game. Twisted Evil

Yes, multiple ATACMs are devestating. There are some Cons though. The slow deploy time, lack of ammo, and the need for a recon unit. You really have to be carful placing them and make sure to protect them.

That said, they rock.
smaug_the_dragon

PostPosted: Jul Thu 21, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great weapon but there are some caveats. It is vulnerable to any type of fire, so you want to use it's full firing range, or a have a screen of SAMS of one sort or another. I park them on cities so they can regenerate each turn. I also have good recon to fully utilize that 12-hex range. An F-18 recon plane works great, but well worth it. Otherwise you can't kill what you can't see. Sad
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Thu 21, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smaug_the_dragon wrote:
This is a great weapon but there are some caveats. It is vulnerable to any type of fire, so you want to use it's full firing range, or a have a screen of SAMS of one sort or another. I park them on cities so they can regenerate each turn. I also have good recon to fully utilize that 12-hex range. An F-18 recon plane works great, but well worth it. Otherwise you can't kill what you can't see. Sad

I place them around a city and park a Supply truck in the middle. That way, the city isn't tied up and I can have more than one ATACMS in a single "zone".

Usually, in the ATACMS ring around the city there are 2 Patriots placed in there for AA coverage. Depending on how how the area is, there is usually a pair of Kiowas covering the area. That way I can "spot" for the artillery and still be in range to lay down firepower for stragglers that threaten the launchers.

Arpeegy

PostPosted: Jul Fri 22, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the U.S. long range missile system (if I am remembering correctly). It can fire 12 hexes away and damages adjacent hexes. An amazing weapon but it does require a good recon unit and an awesome supply system. I generally park mine in cities close to the front to give support and keep the unit in constant supply. They are pricey so be selective where you place them because they fall easy prey to helicopters.

Two to four of these units can stop almost any frontline assault.
katana

PostPosted: Jul Sat 23, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't really park them near the city. i use 2 or 3 supply trucks to create a supply line from the city to the ATACMS
Blowed up REAL good!

PostPosted: Jul Tue 26, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE the ATACMS!!!
(tooooo good though...smells like cheating, but that hasn't stopped me from using it yet Smile)

Instead of using recon units though, I usually go for early acquisition of a well forward facility on the route I expect the enemy to come at me on.
When possible, at least two facilities away is preferred.

When the enemy sends in a forward capture unit, I can easily destroy it....which seems to always prompt the enemy to come to the city in force.....and then it is party time!

Curiosity killed the cat.
I HATE that saying ('cause I love cats), but it makes a fine point anyhow.
irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Fri 05, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Hey-al Yeah! Reply with quote

ATACMs rule. An 'atac' is a masta-MLRS rocket artillery. I was in the army in an MLRS unit and the 'atac's were the double barreled death vehicles of the rocket artillery series.

BTW> THE BEST SCENARIO for ATACM deployment: put a supply truck in a city and put an atac on either side, put standard artillery to the front and a patriot (hawk or both) in the back. If anything gets close to the group it won't be strong enough to take much out.

But just in case have an undeployed atac/etc in the background that can drive up and 'join' units to any damaged units in the ring. This may lower their experience level but you won't have to undeploy ever. And you can just drive the backup units to another city to resupply them.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 08, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey-al Yeah! Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
...just in case have an undeployed atac/etc in the background that can drive up and 'join' units to any damaged units in the ring. This may lower their experience level but you won't have to undeploy ever. And you can just drive the backup units to another city to resupply them.

That's actually and interesting idea. Though personally, I'm not real fond of having idle units. However, in high combat areas that might not be too bad of an idea to keep downtime to a minimum. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: