Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bombing Altitude

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maul

PostPosted: Jul Mon 18, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Bombing Altitude Reply with quote

What altitude do you need to be at when dropping guided/dumb bombs?

Does it vary by unit? I believe that my hornet had to be at low alt to drop 1000 pounders. Does a B-1B lancer need to be at low level for its 2000 pounders?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Mon 18, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Bombing Altitude Reply with quote

Maul wrote:
What altitude do you need to be at when dropping guided/dumb bombs?

Does it vary by unit? I believe that my hornet had to be at low alt to drop 1000 pounders. Does a B-1B lancer need to be at low level for its 2000 pounders?

I've dropped from Med Air and I think I've dropped from High as well. However, Medium is confirmed.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Jul Mon 18, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The American B1-b and B-2, the Russian Tu-22M, and Chinese H-6 can all drop from high altitude. I like using them because when at high altitude they are immune from most SAM systems and can gain experience quickly to become real destructive, real quick. The B1-b has such a large ammo capacity that it can achieve S-ranking before having to reload. Plus their long range means you can use them for deep strikes without support tankers.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Mon 18, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanielRuoss wrote:
The American B1-b and B-2, the Russian Tu-22M, and Chinese H-6 can all drop from high altitude. I like using them because when at high altitude they are immune from most SAM systems and can gain experience quickly to become real destructive, real quick. The B1-b has such a large ammo capacity that it can achieve S-ranking before having to reload. Plus their long range means you can use them for deep strikes without support tankers.

Yeah, couldn't remember for sure. Though keep in mind that the hefty ground based SAMs like the Patriots are about the only things that have a longer range at higher altitude. Aside from being one of the few SAM systems can fire at that range. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Sun 07, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: how to be sure Reply with quote

If you are wondering what altitude you can drop your bombs from look in the weapon info screen under 'Range'... at the far right under 'elevation' you'll see a number with up/down arrows... this number tells you how many levels up or down the weapon is effective to use it at...

so if there is a 2 there you know you have to be mid air or lower to attack. I say lower because if you're bombing a vessel then you actually have to fly at Low because vessels are at -1 level.

If you have a 3 then you can attack from High altitude against ground based units and medium vs sea units..
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Mon 08, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: how to be sure Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
If you are wondering what altitude you can drop your bombs from look in the weapon info screen under 'Range'... at the far right under 'elevation' you'll see a number with up/down arrows... this number tells you how many levels up or down the weapon is effective to use it at...

so if there is a 2 there you know you have to be mid air or lower to attack. I say lower because if you're bombing a vessel then you actually have to fly at Low because vessels are at -1 level.

If you have a 3 then you can attack from High altitude against ground based units and medium vs sea units..

Ah, that's the screen. It's the same to determine Missle Ranges too. Just keep in mind that each elevation change equals one hex in range.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: