Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aircrafts' Movement Ranges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Aug Sat 13, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Aircrafts' Movement Ranges Reply with quote

I have notice that aircraft movement ranges are reduced by 2 (or more)hexes when taking off from airports...is this correct or is something wrong with my system?

I'm affraid the manual does not say a word about this
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sat 13, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircrafts' Movement Ranges Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I have notice that aircraft movement ranges are reduced by 2 (or more)hexes when taking off from airports...is this correct or is something wrong with my system?

I'm affraid the manual does not say a word about this

This is due to the elevation changes. Moving up (or down) an elevation equals one movement point. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Aug Sat 13, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot

PostPosted: Aug Sat 13, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but why moing at low alt costs more mov. points then?
irashunal

PostPosted: Aug Sun 14, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: my guess Reply with quote

I may be wrong in this but i believe that in 'low' level flight an aircraft actually encounters more drag and wind resistance than it would at a higher altitude. Similiarly, at the highest altitude it takes more effort for a plane to keep adrift because the air is thinner.

So mid level flight is the optimum conditions for the aircraft design, so it gets better range out of each move.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sun 14, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: my guess Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
I may be wrong in this but i believe that in 'low' level flight an aircraft actually encounters more drag and wind resistance than it would at a higher altitude. Similiarly, at the highest altitude it takes more effort for a plane to keep adrift because the air is thinner.

So mid level flight is the optimum conditions for the aircraft design, so it gets better range out of each move.

This is correct, and as such the movement rates are adjusted as such. However, this does not apply to the V-22 Osprey because it moves much faster at a low altitude than at medium.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: