Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

this game wasint relly ment for the game systems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyel

PostPosted: Aug Fri 12, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: this game wasint relly ment for the game systems Reply with quote

this game wasint relly ment for the game systems. What gamers want out of a system like xbox is high graphics, and a fun time through the whol game. Xbox's main platform is first person shooters, not turned based "stratigy". This game proubly has the worst graphics of aney xbox game i have ever seen. I just got finnished reading Nathans comments about the game and I think hes right. He also has a right to his own apinnion. I just don't see why everyone here thinks of this game so high and mighty, turned based stratigy never cought on. People now raghter play more realistic games with the extream graphics and turned based games cannot do that. Theres no ramdoem events, its all the same thing over and over, it gets to boring to bair after the first half and hour. Some one pleas tell me what is so special about this game because is shure isint the graphics of the game play!
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Fri 12, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: this game wasint relly ment for the game systems Reply with quote

Kyel wrote:
this game wasint relly ment for the game systems. What gamers want out of a system like xbox is high graphics, and a fun time through the whol game. Xbox's main platform is first person shooters, not turned based "stratigy". This game proubly has the worst graphics of aney xbox game i have ever seen. I just got finnished reading Nathans comments about the game and I think hes right. He also has a right to his own apinnion. I just don't see why everyone here thinks of this game so high and mighty, turned based stratigy never cought on. People now raghter play more realistic games with the extream graphics and turned based games cannot do that. Theres no ramdoem events, its all the same thing over and over, it gets to boring to bair after the first half and hour. Some one pleas tell me what is so special about this game because is shure isint the graphics of the game play!

1.) Turn Based Strategy never caught on? Hmm, I'd love to know where you get your information from because that statement is false. Turn Based Strategy games is a "thinking man's (or woman's) game". Action games are precisely just that, action and not much thinking involved. I don't any see any "thinking" involved in Halo outside of multiplay, but it's still not as much "thinking" that is involved in say Chess.

2.) No random events? Let's go back to Chess shall we? In Chess, there is a set board, a set number of pieces, all with a set movement rate. No random events at all. However, all things considered, the outcome is determined by the players and HOW they use their pieces to achieve identical goals.

3.) Graphics does NOT equal great gameplay. Does it make it much nicer to play? Yes. However, there are many great games that do not look "l33t" and are some of the greatest games ever. There are also games that look nice, but play like crap.

4.) People would rather play more realistic games with the extreme graphics and turned based games cannot do that. Interesting, because I know that is not true. I'm not sure why you are so addicted to graphics, but it seems to me that you need to play more classic games and see what it means to have gameplay. People want gameplay first, then graphics and not the other way around.

You must understand, what YOU like does not mean that EVERYONE or the MAJORITY feel the same way. Turn Based Strategy is a genre all its own and if you don't like it, then DON'T play it. I don't rip on other genres because I, as a Game Software Developer understand that not everyone is the same.

Yes, you are right, we all have a right to our own opinions. HOWEVER, saying that this game sucks, that others are obviously enjoying is NOT a mature response. There are better ways to discuss things you do not like about a game (even if you hate the whole game) in a manner that people will respect you for.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kyel

PostPosted: Aug Fri 12, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right some people do like to play turned based stratigy. Unfortunitly my statments where not false my sources are all my friends, everyone that I meat and like to play games, and family members, not just magazines. Another fact is I do enjoy some turned based games, risk for example is one of my favorits. but I would relley like to know where yougot your sources? Also as I said befor people do have there own oppinion and and I cannot change that nore do I wish to and the reason of why im conplaning so much about graphics in this game is because its on a newer system and id expect that it would have better graphics than a sega genies.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Fri 12, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyel wrote:
Your right some people do like to play turned based stratigy. Unfortunitly my statments where not false my sources are all my friends, everyone that I meat and like to play games, and family members, not just magazines. Another fact is I do enjoy some turned based games, risk for example is one of my favorits. but I would relley like to know where yougot your sources? Also as I said befor people do have there own oppinion and and I cannot change that nore do I wish to and the reason of why im conplaning so much about graphics in this game is because its on a newer system and id expect that it would have better graphics than a sega genies.

That's hardly a valid source because most of the people I know play Turn Based Strategy. One of the most popular PC games in existance is in fact a Turn Based Strategy game, so to imply that there isn't a demand for titles like these is just plain silly.

Yes, I do agree that graphics could have, should have been improved upon. Just don't say that graphics makes the game, because it doesn't. We the consumer, should not only expect, but DEMAND that games play well AND look good doing it. I as a Game Software Developer know that you can achieve both. Yes, some compromises on both parties behalf is to be expected, but as you said, we should not have to settle for graphics we might expect from much older systems.

However, there is more than adequate gameplay to be had from this title that makes it worth the measly $20 we paid for it. Now, if it was a $50 game, then no, it most likely would not have been worth the purchase. All things considered, I don't have to spend hours setting up, playing and cleaning up large scale battles with miniatures. Now, it's hours just playing and even being able to save it for later that is a huge bonus.

If you've ever played Axis & Allies the board game or any sorts of miniature wargaming, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Not to mention that the AI isn't too bad and so even if you can't play a game with your buddies, you can at least stomp some computer players and grind them to dust.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kyel

PostPosted: Aug Fri 12, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostthe people you know, whouldint that be considered friends, family, or people that you have meat? Saying that my sources is not a vital source would also be saying that your sources isint a vital source. Also I rather play a game with my friend rather then playing alone with a computor, risk is supost to be long to have a good time with your friends, wouldint you rather play a fun long game with your friend than playin a game alone?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Aug Sat 13, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyel wrote:
Mostthe people you know, whouldint that be considered friends, family, or people that you have meat? Saying that my sources is not a vital source would also be saying that your sources isint a vital source. Also I rather play a game with my friend rather then playing alone with a computor, risk is supost to be long to have a good time with your friends, wouldint you rather play a fun long game with your friend than playin a game alone?

Of course I'd prefer playing the computer over with a buddy. In fact, 80% of the time that I do play this game is with a buddy. However, the sheer fact that you can't always play a game with a friend means that you either have to not play at all, or at least go a few rounds against the AI.

As far as saying that the people you or I know aren't vital sources is partially correct. Your sources say one thing, mine say another. Interestingly, they agree with our side of the discussion. This means that we tend to know people that have similar interests. Else why would they be our friends lol. I'm just saying that Turn Based Strategy games sell extremely well and that means there is a demand for it. It might be a genre less catered to by publishers, but the demand is there. Will games like Halo outsell it? Yeah, most likely. However, I was just trying to point out that not every game is a best seller, but it still has a great following and people that enjoy it.

Look at the forums here for example, the Dai Senryaku VII forums are the largest on Kemco's boards. Almost everyone likes the game, but if you read many of the topics, we do make comments of things that should have been done better. Things like graphics, XBL support and maybe custom soundtracks. We like the game because it's what we got and it's one of the few Turn Based Strategy titles on the XBox. Just because it's a console, doesn't mean that less popular console genres should be ignored. Cool

DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: Aug Sun 14, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

learn to spell please your posts hurt my eyes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> The Suggestion Box All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: