Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nostalgia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElricJC

PostPosted: Aug Tue 30, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Nostalgia Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone else here likes to use a recognizably inferior unit just because they can?

This almost always comes up for me when I play the Russians or the Chinese. With the Chinese sometimes I just like to produce a herd of Type 88Bs, since they're only 150 each, and swarm them out, encircling the enemy and choking them with the bodies of my dead. Sometimes, just sometimes, a couple of them survive and achieve A or S class, and I love to use these kinds of tanks in other scenarios, because no one expects a Type 88B to smoke their Challeneger 2 or Type 90.

With the Russians it's the venerable T-72, with the French it's the AMX-32B, with the Israelis its the Magach 7A (it's an M-60, whee!), with the Americans its either the Viking (which just stinks really, but for some reason I like to use it) or the M113 AT (cheap and and slow, but sometimes fun), and with the Germans to mix and match more advanced tanks with their older Leopard 2s, and with the Japanese the Type 74 is a favorite.

Sometimes its fun to use these units, even when they're overmatched. Does anyone do anything similar?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Thu 01, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like going old school with the Russians for a good ol' fashioned Cold War era style War. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: