Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

n00b question...please help!! really confused!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voelklgs

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: n00b question...please help!! really confused!! Reply with quote

ok, so i apologize in advance if the answer to this question is really obvious, but i just can't figure it out. i'm on the second mission in mission mode, and i'm trying to attack the enemy helicopters with some of my tanks. on unit info for a number of my tanks it says that they are equipped with a machine gun that has a range of 1 for low air. the choppers are in low air layer, but no matter where i place my tank, i can't seem to fire my machinegun! what am i doing wrong?? i checked to make sure that you could move and fire with the machine gun, and you can...i even placed my tank under the chopper and that didn't work either. i'm very confused...
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: n00b question...please help!! really confused!! Reply with quote

voelklgs wrote:
ok, so i apologize in advance if the answer to this question is really obvious, but i just can't figure it out. i'm on the second mission in mission mode, and i'm trying to attack the enemy helicopters with some of my tanks. on unit info for a number of my tanks it says that they are equipped with a machine gun that has a range of 1 for low air. the choppers are in low air layer, but no matter where i place my tank, i can't seem to fire my machinegun! what am i doing wrong?? i checked to make sure that you could move and fire with the machine gun, and you can...i even placed my tank under the chopper and that didn't work either. i'm very confused...

Your tanks have to be smack dab up against the unit in order to use their machine guns. Or under them. Wink

Each Hex = 1 range
Change in Elevation = 1 range

So, to hit someone above you with a range one weapon, you need to be next to them because:

Horizontal Range = 0; Seeing as your right next to it.
Vertical Range = 1; Shooting diagonally up, one space.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's what i thought. i'm at work right now, so i can't check it out, but i swear i was directly under the heuy. i guess i won't know for sure until i get home and try it again.

so just for clarification....

for a ground based weapon with a low air range of 1 you need to be on the same hex and under the chopper, becuase up one level countes as your 1?

or does the diagonal move of over 1 and up one count as one?

because what is very strange to me is that as far as i can remember, and granted this was very late last night, and my memory might be a bit off...but as far as i can remember, it wouldn't let me fire my machine gun at the chopper, but on the next turn when the chopper fired at me, my tanks counterattacked, implying that i was in range....

sorry to complicate things. i just really want to understand how this works, because i'm really enjoying the game so far....
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used every unit with a machine gun on that level to attack the helicopters. For all intensive purposes you should not be having this problem. Try it again...

You should be able (I was in all my tests) to fire at the helicopter when adjacent to it.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason you might not have been able to might have been lack of ammunition. I've noticed that on rare occasions, if you are directly under an air unit, it blocks your view of the no ammo tag.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
The only reason you might not have been able to might have been lack of ammunition. I've noticed that on rare occasions, if you are directly under an air unit, it blocks your view of the no ammo tag.

d'oh! good thinking SemperFi Smile I bet that was the problem.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
SemperFi2382 wrote:

d'oh! good thinking SemperFi Smile I bet that was the problem.

Lol, I've seen that happen in real life once. The guy kept thinking his weapon jammed while on the range. (Civilian range at a gun shop) As it turned out, he was out of ammunition. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: