Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEST Airplane Tactic for Naval Units?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MADHATTER

PostPosted: Sep Mon 05, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: BEST Airplane Tactic for Naval Units? Reply with quote

I am having a problem with one of my friends who plays the game, he always builds the biggest strongest ships and i do as well, but i just want to know what kind of Air unit Is capable of doing damage to his navy and what would be the best tactic to use?
katana

PostPosted: Sep Mon 05, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since its the sea. try to lure him out of any ports then jam his radar and attack with naval type aircraft equip with anti-ship missiles.

im still new at this game so thats what i would do.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Tue 06, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is to launch Naval Fighters from a carrier alongside a Jammer. I personally prefer bringing along an E/A-6B Prowler with 4 F/A-18s loaded to the max with Harpoons and a recon F/A-18. Fly in low so that most of the longer ranged SAMs aren't in range and blast away.

As an added bonus, launch harpoons off some warships if you have the option as well and for added effect, hit them in a pincer movement with a sub or two. This will usually force them to pick what they are going to retaliate against. Not only do they have Airborne threats and Surface threats, now they need to employ ASW as well.

Regardless, this will force them to pick a tactic that usually ends up in a smoking fleet at the bottom of the ocean regardless. Just a matter of how slow and painful they make it. Just remember, KEEP the pressure on him because it only takes 1 subunit to make it to port for repairs. Hit the expensive ships with more weapons first because not only are they losing lots of weapons, but you're denting their funds for replacements. This includes carriers. Then, hit the landing ships (The Wasp Class is considered a Carrier btw) and pick off the stragglers. Expect a moderate casualty rate, so hit hard and fast, focus on the biggest threats FIRST (which means attack only 1 or 2 ships with everything you got and try to sink them.) Once you've thinned the ranks, start stalking ports that can make ships if at all possible. This way, they are further divided because they need to allocate assets to stopping the other threats from the sea that's close to home.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MADHATTER

PostPosted: Sep Wed 07, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: ok cool thanks Reply with quote

Thanks i'll give it a try. With the Jammer what is the best time to use it?
smaug_the_dragon

PostPosted: Sep Wed 07, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may not always be the populat method, but if you want to do it the cheap way, use the French. I buy the Carrier, four Mirage jets loaded with Exocets. I know they are at least good at taking out Russian Udaloys and American Zumwalts. Mirages are very average interceptors, but very good anti-ship units.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Thu 08, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: ok cool thanks Reply with quote

MADHATTER wrote:
Thanks i'll give it a try. With the Jammer what is the best time to use it?

Depending on your available view of your opponents fleet, I'd say try to put the longest reach of the Jammers ECM on the deepest unit in the fleet, but don't put it next to any enemy units!

In order of use:
- Recon
- Jam
- Fighters
- Surface Vessels
- Submarines

By Jamming before you attack, you effectively squash an effective counterattack during your turn, and also blind the enemy to the exact location of your units. With the units jammed, seeking you out will prove difficult and costly. Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: