Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changes/improvements you'd like to see
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: complaint du jour Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
irashunal wrote:
Alright, all is good for the most part - BUT i'd like to see the Air Transports actually be able to carry a little more. And why aren't the supply trucks dropable? That would be a heckuva bonus ability!

Okay, so even if you can't drop the actual HEMMT Supply trucks how about being able to drop a "care package" by parachute to the troops in the hostile territory? Some way to supply the units by air would be exceptional! Why can't a chinook-like unit be in the game to do the job?

Kind of like being ablr to resupply units aka Advance Wars style? That would be a great thing to have in the game. Because not only is it realistic, but it would make for a new facet in supplying the longer chains on certain, less wheeled vehicle friendly maps.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
montyburnz

PostPosted: Sep Wed 14, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-I really love the minimalist graphics of the board and units, but I can see how better graphics/animations would make things more fun and attract more people to the game. I'd love to see an option to toggle between the two types of view in the future.

-Being able to play your own music would be really nice.

-This sort of a Civilization-esque idea: indigenous/neutral militias. On their own, they're ineffective...maybe they can wound a transport or supply unit. Their effectiveness goes up depending on what unit recruits and trains them. For example, Special Forces unit would give an extra recon ability.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Wed 14, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montyburnz wrote:
-This sort of a Civilization-esque idea: indigenous/neutral militias. On their own, they're ineffective...maybe they can wound a transport or supply unit. Their effectiveness goes up depending on what unit recruits and trains them. For example, Special Forces unit would give an extra recon ability.

Ooo, Partisans. I'd love to see them running around creating havok in newly captured areas. That and Guerrillas, but I'd make them a unit that can attack and then withdraw one hex.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
montyburnz

PostPosted: Sep Wed 14, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^They'd be pesky. You could use them as cannon fodder (Fedayeen) on enemy tanks, then again the next version the tanks might wisely use their machine guns.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Thu 15, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

montyburnz wrote:
^They'd be pesky. You could use them as cannon fodder (Fedayeen) on enemy tanks, then again the next version the tanks might wisely use their machine guns.

Laughing

irashunal

PostPosted: Sep Sun 18, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: 'UPRISING' Reply with quote

Partisans and rebels and geurillas, oh my! There could actually be a mission in storymode where you would have to hold a territory from rebels that would spring up out of cities that you've captured on your way to the enemy capital.
And the geurilla units would have a high stealth when in any type of terrain other than open plains, etc. They would be armed with RPG's and mortar instead of SAMs.

Also i'd like to see us have the ability to bomb/bombard enemy facilities in order to disable them temporarily - like reducing the income from factories that you bomb, preventing a port or city from being able to resupply units for one turn (or more), and disabling oil production for a period of time. Etc.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Mon 19, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: 'UPRISING' Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
Partisans and rebels and geurillas, oh my! There could actually be a mission in storymode where you would have to hold a territory from rebels that would spring up out of cities that you've captured on your way to the enemy capital.
And the geurilla units would have a high stealth when in any type of terrain other than open plains, etc. They would be armed with RPG's and mortar instead of SAMs.

Also i'd like to see us have the ability to bomb/bombard enemy facilities in order to disable them temporarily - like reducing the income from factories that you bomb, preventing a port or city from being able to resupply units for one turn (or more), and disabling oil production for a period of time. Etc.

Yeah, you could see the strategies develop just from adding a cause and effect from capturing.

As far as the disabling facilities goes, I'd like to see that as it would give more mission types to bombers and naval units. This would allow for naval units to cruise a shoreline and pummel cities, factories, airports, ports and refineries in range while maintaining control of the seas. It would make for a higher importance for naval units and as such, we might see more out of the AI then in that regard.

ElricJC

PostPosted: Sep Mon 19, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Bombard! Reply with quote

I guess since this is a modern military tactics game and modern military tactics (and the politics that surround them) frown on indiscriminate carpet bombing and civilian casualties.

The option should be there, because it would force you to protect your facilities from a more inhumane, pragmatic enemy.

One thing that should have definitely been allowed was bridge bombing. In Iron Storm, you could bomb any facility and bridges with 'B bombs', bombs used specifically for broad base carpet bombing and less so for anti-unit action. This presented so many different tactical possibilities since you could cut off an enemy's route of advance by blowing the bridges (this would especially hurt the British and Americans since they have heavy tanks that cannot ford rivers in the game, giving such nations as the Chinese a possible mobility advantage as their tanks can more easily cross unbridged rivers and rough terrain than some western tanks.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Mon 19, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Bombard! Reply with quote

ElricJC wrote:
I guess since this is a modern military tactics game and modern military tactics (and the politics that surround them) frown on indiscriminate carpet bombing and civilian casualties.

The option should be there, because it would force you to protect your facilities from a more inhumane, pragmatic enemy.

One thing that should have definitely been allowed was bridge bombing. In Iron Storm, you could bomb any facility and bridges with 'B bombs', bombs used specifically for broad base carpet bombing and less so for anti-unit action. This presented so many different tactical possibilities since you could cut off an enemy's route of advance by blowing the bridges (this would especially hurt the British and Americans since they have heavy tanks that cannot ford rivers in the game, giving such nations as the Chinese a possible mobility advantage as their tanks can more easily cross unbridged rivers and rough terrain than some western tanks.

Indeed, but this would mean that the game would have to include bridging units and/or Combat Engineers, which mind you would kick ass.

ElricJC

PostPosted: Sep Tue 20, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Indeed, but this would mean that the game would have to include bridging units and/or Combat Engineers, which mind you would kick ass.

Indeed it would. More realism, such as bad terrain immobilizing tanks or even battle damage could bring ARVs into the mix. Combat Engineers would be awesome. Historically combat engineers have been some (if not the) most important elements of any army, and many of our best generals began as combat engineers, including many who would become famous (or infamous) in the American Civil War.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Wed 21, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there is just so much that can be added to the mix that would give this game even more depth and replayability.

cleveland

PostPosted: Sep Fri 30, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about this game I realized that maintaining a continuous frontline is hard if not impossible. With devastating artillery/attack heliocopters/bombers and the first fire advantage to the attacker any line can be breached.

I'd like to see a "dig-in" option for units making them harder to hit and giving the defender a first fire advantage. It would of course cost something to do this (maybe take two turns and build points).
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Fri 30, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya boys, trust me....stay tuned... Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Fri 30, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
I hear ya boys, trust me....stay tuned... Twisted Evil

What are you up to I wonder. Twisted Evil

Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Fri 30, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bout 6'1, 190 lbs. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: