Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Madagascar Marauders - anyone played it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irashunal

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Down with Red... Reply with quote

Yeah, bleed him to weakness. That is basically what we ended up doing. I ended up taking the airfield at the back of Red and just bombing everything that i saw moving while my friend launched APC's in every direction. We were having trouble with using our choppers because of the terrain - which is why i mentioned on the 'improvements' thread having the ability to see a highlight area of drop friendly terrain underneath a transport when you get the 'cursor' over the "drop" button...

It worked pretty well... we were able to string his produced forces out in all directions so we didn't meet any serious force when we walked in.
Irashunal

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: What if.... scenario Reply with quote

If you're playing as the Blue with the Green ally as comp...

As someone pointed out before, Green in the hands of the AI is bound to fold before too far into the game. So what happens to the ally's capital once it is captured? Can it be taken back? Can you take it and add the income to your own stockpile?

Since the Green AI is doomed i was wondering if you may be able to assemble an assault force to head out to sea - destination: just off shore of the former ally capital. Then you launch everything you have - take the capital away from whoever...

Would you then own TWO capitals and be able to produce off of both?!
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Fri 02, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What if.... scenario Reply with quote

Irashunal wrote:
If you're playing as the Blue with the Green ally as comp...

As someone pointed out before, Green in the hands of the AI is bound to fold before too far into the game. So what happens to the ally's capital once it is captured? Can it be taken back? Can you take it and add the income to your own stockpile?

Since the Green AI is doomed i was wondering if you may be able to assemble an assault force to head out to sea - destination: just off shore of the former ally capital. Then you launch everything you have - take the capital away from whoever...

Would you then own TWO capitals and be able to produce off of both?!

No, unfortunately this is not possible. However, I do believe that it would be an interesting idea to pursue in future iteratations of the game.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JGofCypress

PostPosted: Sep Fri 09, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: On/Off topic ... Reply with quote

Before I go “on subject, first off subject”:
Ever notice when you enjoy beer and tequila, you do not get as relaxed as just tequila?

Anyways, back to on subject: Madagascar Marauders
I have a character flaw as I always want to employ the USA (sorry, sort of).
And I create 3 allied opponents, I choose Russia, China and whoever to the North (usually the French). My island is Madagascar …
I give myself oodles of money, hey – come on, I am out numbered 3 to 1.
Although, I do employ a MEF stance. Researched: 2 LSD (5 hev units), 1 LHD (VTOL and hev), and an equal number of attack seacraft, CG, DD and SSN.
Then, recon craft (Apaches) and fixed wing, then let the strategy begin. It will take many turns, but very enjoyable. After months of enjoying DSVII, This map finally opened my eyes to the Apache. Nice qty of ground attack and one round of air/air. Very resourceful, I have lowered my requirement of the Comanche.

I am now pursuing customized maps of multi-island hopping employing combined arm’s of sea, ground and air in an effort of landing craft assaults. Have we mentioned lately the depth of this game?

Since I received DVII, I have since forgotten where my other XBox games are stowed.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Sat 10, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: On/Off topic ... Reply with quote

JGofCypress wrote:
Since I received DVII, I have since forgotten where my other XBox games are stowed.

What other XBox games? Laughing

Hell DSVII is the only XBox game that is stored out in the open anymore at my place. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
irashunal

PostPosted: Sep Sun 18, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: irashunal Reply with quote

I'm actually going to go the opposite route the next time i play this map - i'm going to take Red (possibly with Japan, so i can play with all of the secret WT/D7 units) against the other three allied against me. I've never had to take on three at a time and i am hoping that the crappy terrain between them and myself will give me the edge i need in order to take 'em all on and succeed.

If only Japan had ATACMs....
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Mon 19, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: irashunal Reply with quote

irashunal wrote:
I'm actually going to go the opposite route the next time i play this map - i'm going to take Red (possibly with Japan, so i can play with all of the secret WT/D7 units) against the other three allied against me. I've never had to take on three at a time and i am hoping that the crappy terrain between them and myself will give me the edge i need in order to take 'em all on and succeed.

If only Japan had ATACMs....

Being the only one vs 3 can be a doozy. However, the trick is to not allow them to focus on you. Essentially, try to fight one at a time and on your terms as much as possible. Once you get the closest opponent out of the way, it should be smooth sailing using terrain and artillery to defend yourself while finishing off the other 2.

Let us know how it goes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: