Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Squad Leader Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smaug_the_dragon

PostPosted: Sep Wed 28, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Squad Leader Question Reply with quote

I only ask this becuase I know some of you have experience in these games and may be able to help me out. Plus, it's quicker than scouring the web for a Sqaud Leader message board.

Here's the scenario: I have a unit in a multi-story building hex. The enemy had one unit just outside of the building, on ground level, and is two hexes away from my unit. My unit moves to be adjacent to the the enemy unit. I know by default, the enemy unit has his defensive fire doubled. I have read that if an attacking unit is on a cliff and does my offensive manuever, his offensive fire is tripled. So, in a scenario where you have differeing height elevations, does the guy on top get triple the firepower, and if the guy defends on bottom, does he get double the firepower? Thanks. Just so you know, we're trying out Scenario 1 of Stalingrad in the Squad Leader Cross of Iron gamette.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Wed 28, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that's a good question but I do believe that you are correct in the 3x firepower and 2x firepower setups for the differing elevations.

However, it has been a while since my last Squad Leader game and I could be remembering this totally wrong. Though the numbers do sound right to me off the top of my head. Laughing Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Sep Wed 28, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds correct to me too. Squad Leader is one of three games I still kick myself for getting rid of YEARS ago.
smaug_the_dragon

PostPosted: Sep Wed 28, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Sounds correct to me too. Squad Leader is one of three games I still kick myself for getting rid of YEARS ago.

It's never too late to back! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

In all honesty, I'm discovering this through a friend, whom I am introducing to Dai Senryaku VII. The weekends get pretty entertaining.
smaug_the_dragon

PostPosted: Sep Wed 28, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to "go back". Return to the Dark Side Luke. Oh well, my typing is going... time to eat dinner.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Sep Thu 29, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smaug_the_dragon wrote:
I meant to "go back". Return to the Dark Side Luke. Oh well, my typing is going... time to eat dinner.

Lol, I think RTS is the dark side...but anyhow... Twisted Evil

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: