Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PERFECT setup for 2 players withouth them seeing your move
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Oct Mon 10, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: PERFECT setup for 2 players withouth them seeing your move Reply with quote

OK check this out last friday i got off work and went to one of my buddies house that like this game. He has a pretty big TV in the living room and a smaller one in the kitchen. We put on war movies Apocalypse now, Patton, Platoon, and top gun. When it was my turn he would go about 5 feet away from me with his back faced to my so he couldnt see the tv in kitchen. Volume down almost all the way but i can hear my troops move. He could not. When it was his turn we would just switch. When we attack eachother then we would zoom all the way in and say "I'm ATTACKING YOU" He or I would look then at the TV. When the battle is over i would say ok thats it turn around.
This is a very simple process if you can do the right setup. In the meantime watching war movies when it is not your turn gets you ready to whoop some ass when its your turn. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS WATCH OUT FOR BATHROOM BREAKS. And another thing is that when we end the turn, say it is my turn and i am ending it i will go to a corner or dead spot in the map and zoome all the way and press start than my friend will come take over and press END TURN. THIS GAME RULES!!!!!!!!! GO USA
MADHATTER

PostPosted: Oct Mon 10, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: that was me guest Reply with quote

I forgot to sign in so i take credit for that long message
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Mon 10, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you found a way to enjoy 2 player. This is similiar to the way I would do it as well. Enjoy! Also, you should watch Band of Brothers, it is long and a really great flick! Twisted Evil
MADHATTER

PostPosted: Oct Mon 10, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Movies Reply with quote

Just got back again from his house i took today off and i spent a majority of playing the game. We also watched saving private ryan, tears of the sun, and blackhawk down. I will have to check out band of brothers thanks. We are playing a map i made up, it has 3 major islands and a bunch of smaller ones with factories, cities, ports, and airports. I have 1 comp playing Germany my friend is Russia, and I am USA. Just won a major sea battle which pretty much crippled him. Turn 47.
What maps do you like Doug?
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Mon 10, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Glad to see you found a way to enjoy 2 player. This is similiar to the way I would do it as well. Enjoy! Also, you should watch Band of Brothers, it is long and a really great flick! Twisted Evil

Well then that makes 3. Laughing

Though we just tend to have laptop handy and one is on the internet or doing whatever (like trolling the Kemco boards). Laughing

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Tue 11, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to like naval battles for some reason, I am not sure why (as I am a grunt at heart). I love taking out fully loaded transport ships with subs, because it is such a crushing blow. I also like El Alamein, but only cause I made it (although I did not have the time I wanted to spend on it and really just through it together) and I like WW2 stuff. I do not like large land locked, mountainous maps that well, however. Twisted Evil

Hey Semper, I saw a preview for a movie called Jarhead, looked interesting. Probably an "anti war"(if you know what I mean), war movie, but still, it appeared to have some good action scenes. Keep your eyes on it. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Tue 11, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Hey Semper, I saw a preview for a movie called Jarhead, looked interesting. Probably an "anti war"(if you know what I mean), war movie, but still, it appeared to have some good action scenes. Keep your eyes on it. Twisted Evil

I've seen the previews. It's based of a book by Anthony Swofford and is a great read. The movie I assume will take place during the war, which for those that do not know, is the first Persian Gulf War aka Desert Storm and not our current engagement.

The book will give you a mixed review after about some US Marines in general, but knowing the writers perspective, it's very insightful and I look forward to the movie.

I'm not sure if it really takes on an anti-war approach so much as it details the hardships of life in the military. Just keep in mind it's really only one Marine's perspective, but he's not far from the mark at all in that regard. The best way to sum up what I'm trying to get across is that not every Marine is like they are shown, but there are Marines like that. If that makes any sense.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Tue 11, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, now! Jake Gyllenhaal as a US Marine???? That nancy-boy as a soldier? You've got to be kidding me! He makes Pauly Shore in "In the Army Now" look like Rambo. For heaven's sake Demi Moore in "G.I. Jane" has to more realistic than Gyllenhaal! Let's just hope the movie isn't your typical Holly-weird anti-war tripe.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Tue 11, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanielRuoss wrote:
C'mon, now! Jake Gyllenhaal as a US Marine???? That nancy-boy as a soldier? You've got to be kidding me! He makes Pauly Shore in "In the Army Now" look like Rambo. For heaven's sake Demi Moore in "G.I. Jane" has to more realistic than Gyllenhaal! Let's just hope the movie isn't your typical Holly-weird anti-war tripe.

Not to be rude here, but you do have to realize that not all US Marines (or other service members) are poster children for your atypical action hero.

I'm not going to delve into the details, but I read the book and when I see the movie I'll make a better formed opinion on how he plays the role. I think Jake can play the role of "Swoff" well, but that's because I read the book. While movies and the book is usually quite different, there are always exceptions.

For the record, I'm only defending my point of view until the movie and I see for myself. Mostly because I did read the book and that plays a big part of how I am perceiving the characters (without the actors influence). After seeing the movie, I just might be on a warpath. Twisted Evil

Last edited by SemperFi2382 on Oct Wed 12, 2005 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Tue 11, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanielRuoss wrote:

Oh yeah, you're right...perhaps a buff, witless lunkhead would be more suited for the role. I sure hope it isn't the vacuous, hate filled, violence ridden tripe that usually comes out of Hollywood.

Gosh, name calling just never gets old does it?
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Wed 12, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever. Don't pull that old "You're calling people names!" crap. It's very tired and besides, I wasn't calling you any names so chill out. I'm not at all saying Arnie or Vin Diesel should have the monopoly on roles involving guns. I just think Gyllenhaal playing a soldier is as big a casting blunder as when in 'Gettysburg' Martin Sheen plays General Robert E. Lee. There's something that is always going to keep you from totally suspending disbelief.

Witless, lunkhead?
Lol Very Happy That pretty much describes Gyllenhaal.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Wed 12, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or David Schwimmer plays a tough CO in Band of Brothers.... that is the one complaint I have about that movie, is his performance. I mean he did well for what he could do, but he is just type cast to me. Twisted Evil
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Wed 12, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanielRuoss wrote:
It's very tired...

So is the term "nancy boy" but I'll forgive you for missing that. While we're here, let's heat it up. This hippy, peace loving, anti-war nancy boy wants to know what you consider "anti-war tripe." I suppose you prefer movies that promote the war machine?
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Wed 12, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
This hippy, peace loving, anti-war nancy boy wants to know what you consider "anti-war tripe." I suppose you prefer movies that promote the war machine?

Promote the war machine? If by that you mean portraying our soldiers as the brave, patriotic, ordinary person who does extrodinary things that they are. Then sure I support promoting the war machine. It can be argued that the US military is the only branch of govt. that we get our moneys worth out of. I'm tired of liberals portraying our military members as ignorant torturers who were somehow duped into volunteering and fighting.

Liberals fail to understand history. War has been and will continue to be a part of human existence. I'm sure we both agree that war is terrible and should be avoided when possible. Thats the key though: when possible. Peace for the sake of peace is no better than surrender. Just look up Neville Chamberlain. Unlike Mr. Gyllenhaal, I believe the Iraq War was unavoidable, necessary and noble. It is currently the central theater in the greater War Against Terrorism. I'm very sickened by the fact that because liberals hate George W. Bush so much that they are willing to endanger members of the American military by criticizing the mission and crowing over small incidents like Abu Gharib. You can measure the smile of liberals by how many soldiers are killed on any given day.

I know what you're going to say. You can support the soldiers without supporting the mission. Well, frankly thats BS. If you want the soldiers to come home support them to the hilt. After they come home then we can "Monday morning quaterback" the politics and the Generals decisions. Everytime there is a so-called "anti-war protest" it encourages our enemies and motivates them to kill more soldiers. Thats how we lost Vietnam. Not in the country itself but because the enemy realized the way to defeat America is not on the battlefield but on America's streets. The Tet Offensive was a crippling disaster to the communists but the way the press showed it made it look like we losing. The same can be said of Iraq. Bombs make the news. Not the fact that more Iraqis joined the new military. Not the fact that women can vote and hold office. Not the fact that children are going to school free of Saddam's indoctrination. Not the fact that markets were open and people bought what they needed. Not even the fact that the vast majority of those fighting us and killing Iraqis are not other Iraqis but Arab terrorists from other countries.

Whew! Enough of that for now. Sorry to bore everyone but I had to get some that off my chest.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Wed 12, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
DanielRuoss wrote:
It's very tired...

So is the term "nancy boy" but I'll forgive you for missing that.

Starts to dig a deeper fighting hole to take cover from the flame war that is about to erupt. Laughing

I'm just going to outright say it before things get out of hand. I've known Marines that remind me of Jake and many that are cookie cutters for what most people typically think of when they envision a US Marine.

Even I, one of the biggest jarheads I know (Being proud of the fact I'm a Marine, not physical size.) doesn't look like the part of a Marine 24/7. There are times I look more like a "prep" or "pretty boy", than a Marine. However, I am still a Marine and it shows even then. I can see Jake pulling it off like I do.

In the end, he could pull it off and become a better actor as a result, or he won't pull it off and we won't see him as a soldier ever again. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: