Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PERFECT setup for 2 players withouth them seeing your move
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Fri 14, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, all right! i'll cut it out. But let me end with just a few responses.

Quote:
With regards to the protest in DC: which protest?

LOL! Laughing I guess they missed their target audience. I was refering to the protests that included the staged arrest of Cindy Sheehan.

Quote:
I think you are listening to conservative people and reading conservative news sources about liberal politics.

Yes, I do most times. But then again I'm a conservative! I'm certainly not going to be listening to Air America anytime soon. Laughing No big surprise. I doubt you've been reading National Review or listening to conservative talk radio.

Quote:
A link to those images and the related story would be helpful in determining who is painting what picture in the news.

You go to to http://www.cspan.org Type 'protest in the search box and you'll find plenty of links to video where you can see how radical and far from pacifism they are. The website that has the best compilation of pictures of these extremists is http://www.protestwarrior.com. Now I will warn those who are liberal that this is a very conservative group. However, if you can stomach it, go to the gallery and you can see for yourself the groups leading the anti-war movement. There are just too many pictures to say they are slanting things to show the few extremists. Check out the video of them infiltrating the ANSWER Coaliton and you'll hear from their own mouths what their agenda really is.

That is the last thing I'll say on politics for now. I would like to say I'm glad we were all civil about this. That is certainly what I love about America. We can disagree and speak openly about politics without the fear that someone will report us to some secret police. Anyways, I'm off to see "Phantom of the Opera" tonight with the girlfriend. I'm rooting for the Phantom. I sure hope he pulls it off this time! lol Twisted Evil
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Fri 14, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I will warn those who are liberal that this is a very conservative group. However, if you can stomach it, go to the gallery and you can see for yourself the groups leading the anti-war movement. There are just too many pictures to say they are slanting things to show the few extremists. Check out the video of them infiltrating the ANSWER Coaliton and you'll hear from their own mouths what their agenda really is.

Their agenda automatically disqualifies them as a credible source. They squarely fall into the camp of "Believe what you want to believe."

Don't you see that by only focusing on these groups that you are doing the same thing you are accusing the liberals of doing? The liberals focus on Abu Gharib prison, you focus on the anti-jew liberals. By looking at extremes and waving them around as reasons for our own beliefs we in effect undermine our beliefs because they aren't our own...they are merely reactions. Our beliefs in such cases aren't based on first or even second-hand observations, they are based on the rhetoric and tripe that such groups spew out on a daily basis.

Edit: On the matter of this being off topic...actually I've always felt strategy game forums were the perfect place for political discourse. It is certainly giving me ideas for my AAR Smile lol

Edit2: If in fact Kemco (ADoug) sees this as out of line we are welcome to continue it on my forums (hell, I'll even create our own sub-forum there).
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Fri 14, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I doubt you've been reading National Review or listening to conservative talk radio.

I believe I've said that I listen to both. I have three talk stations on my dial and I spend about equal time on each of them. Two of them are conservative and one is progressive liberal. I used to listen to a LOT of talk radio but recently haven't as much because they are both saying the same crap over and over. I tend to agree with more of what I hear on the Liberal station but I find them equally intolerable. All this hate really gets on my nerves.

Oh, and I used to get National Review (and The Nation, and several newspapers (in more than one language)) but alas I just don't have the time for it anymore. I've actually dumbed my life down quite a lot since having my kid...but that's a topic for another discussion entirely.

Last edited by JVGFanatic on Oct Fri 14, 2005 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Fri 14, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Their agenda automatically disqualifies them as a credible source. They squarely fall into the camp of "Believe what you want to believe."

Don't you see that by only focusing on these groups that you are doing the same thing you are accusing the liberals of doing? The liberals focus on Abu Gharib prison, you focus on the anti-jew liberals. By looking at extremes and waving them around as reasons for our own beliefs we in effect undermine our beliefs because they aren't our own...they are merely reactions.

Pictures don't lie and there are too many of them to just dismiss them because a conservative was behind the lens. Go to the C-SPAN site then and you'll see the same thing.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Fri 14, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures do lie actually, the rhetorical phrase "Pictures don't lie" has been proven false so many times it isn't funny.
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Fri 14, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Pictures do lie actually, the rhetorical phrase "Pictures don't lie" has been proven false so many times it isn't funny.

C'mon now. You know what I mean. You're too cynical sometimes! Wink
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Fri 14, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said that Pictures lie before I went to put my son down for his nap. I was thinking about it in there and that's not entirely appropriate for pictures are not conscious entities capable of lying.

Think of it this way. When you see a photograph what you think of? What you see in the picture? Well, that is what most people think of. I don't. Sure, I see the picture, the composition, the lighting, etc...but what is foremost in my mind is what I'm not seeing/hearing/smelling/and otherwise sensing about that photograph. When it is placed next to another photograph I think "who put those two pictures together, and why?"

Any skilled propogandist will tell you that pictures can tell any story you want, be it a lie or otherwise.

I ask again though, when forming your opinions of these matters why do you focus on the extremes?

Finally, you mention my cynicism. Well, I like to think I have optimism too but yeah, I'm pretty cynical when it comes to these matters. It's hard not to be. I suggest with extremely rude, insensitive, and extraordinarily out of place rhetoric like:

DanielRuoss wrote:
You can measure the smile of liberals by how many soldiers are killed on any given day.

that the cynicism is on the other foot as well. That sort of comment really does turn my stomach. Quite honestly, after re-reading it I no longer care to even have this discussion with you.

Last edited by JVGFanatic on Oct Fri 14, 2005 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Fri 14, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
Oh, and I used to get National Review (and The Nation, and several newspapers (in more than one language)) but alas I just don't have the time for it anymore. I've actually dumbed my life down quite a lot since having my kid...but that's a topic for another discussion entirely.

I know what you mean. My girlfriend has 9 y.o. daughter, which for all intents and purposes means I have a 9 y.o. daughter! Amazing how much of your can life can be swallowed up by someone else's. Not that I mind, she's a smart kid and I do enjoy the "father figure" role. Regardless of my lack of qualifications! lol Rolling Eyes Thats not entirely bad. Too much politics irrespective of viewpoint can ruin you. I'm very actively involved in the GOP but too many people live it 24/7 and it turns them into very boring people. Believe it or not I have some liberal views. I tend to balance the politics with fantasy football (which leads to a whole other world of obsession!), NASCAR, and this great game Very Happy (of course!). I read alternate history books too. I recommend Harry Turtledove if anybody is into that.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Fri 14, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, a discussion about parenthood. Now THERE is a topic I can wrap myself around. Whee.

Dang, this really has become player 2's home hasn't it?

DanielRuoss wrote:
Anyways, I'm off to see "Phantom of the Opera" tonight with the girlfriend. I'm rooting for the Phantom. I sure hope he pulls it off this time! lol Twisted Evil

LMAO Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Sat 15, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it looks like Player 2 has a nice comfortable spot here either just browsing the strategies, taking part in numerous topics or getting some info on a question they may have. Which, all things considered is interesting because this really is one of the most civil forums around. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bryon Springer

PostPosted: Nov Thu 03, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can measure the smile of liberals by how many soldiers are killed on any given day.

this is the only time i will get political, UnLESS YOU HAVE SEVED YOUR COUNTY IN UNIFORM!!!!! atop B******hing about the military and everything thats wrong about it. now yes some of the media do tend to exagerate 2,0000+ lives, don't get me wrong the death of even one of my bothers at arms is tragic but it is a wa and people are going to die in it, it is important to point out the since the war in iraq started mar 19 2003, MOre people have been murderd in NYC then have died in combat in iraq. just wanted to put things in perspective that as far as wars go this one is relativly safe. hooah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: