Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nice looking turn-based warfare simulation coming for xbox
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katana wrote:
it looks cool and they even the mig-31 firefox (fake)
i might be wrong
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/strategy/shatteredunion/screens.html?page=12

Those aren't Mig-31s for starters.

A Mig-31 Foxhound can be seen here:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/mig-31-pics.htm

However, the fighters you see in that picture are in fact real Russian aircraft. They are/were a part of an experimental aircraft program. Otherwise known as the Mig-1.44 seen here:
http://www.research-russia.com/mfi.html

Ooh Rah! Carry on. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyrannical

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I wasn't attacking Kemco with the graphics comment, I know they just localised it and published it. And since I'm here the DS:VII graphics did not keep me from playing and loving the game.

Someone spent time and money on a pretty decent DS:VII opening CGI. But the unit graphics looked more like place holders then what a finished game would have. It couldn't have taken "a lot" (and I don't mean by Kemco) to put decent looking model graphics in the game. I would have expected better on the N64 or PS1
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyrannical wrote:
Hey I wasn't attacking Kemco with the graphics comment, I know they just localised it and published it. And since I'm here the DS:VII graphics did not keep me from playing and loving the game.

Someone spent time and money on a pretty decent DS:VII opening CGI. But the unit graphics looked more like place holders then what a finished game would have. It couldn't have taken "a lot" (and I don't mean by Kemco) to put decent looking model graphics in the game. I would have expected better on the N64 or PS1

True, but the colors make it much easier for the casual player to see friend from foe on the fly. Though, you could easily put a unit flag or marker like they did the capitols.

But yeah, I can see where they could have done a wee bit more.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Tue 18, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. I just picked 'Shattered Union' up today. Haven't played it much yet. I'll let you know what I think after I've taken a good swim in it.
ElricJC

PostPosted: Oct Tue 18, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Colors Reply with quote

Quote:
True, but the colors make it much easier for the casual player to see

Except for those of us who are colorblind Wink. I can tell the difference between blue and red, but the green and yellow units look almost the same color to me in this game. I can tell the difference in the flags, but not so much in the units.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Tue 18, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Colors Reply with quote

ElricJC wrote:
Quote:
True, but the colors make it much easier for the casual player to see

Except for those of us who are colorblind Wink. I can tell the difference between blue and red, but the green and yellow units look almost the same color to me in this game. I can tell the difference in the flags, but not so much in the units.

The simple solution is just to kill them all and let the AI sort 'em out. Laughing

jojo pumpkin

PostPosted: Oct Fri 21, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up Shattered Union Earlier this week and had mentioned it on another forum that I really liked that game but wished it was a little more complex. Somebody suggested that I check out Dai Senryaku VII so I ran out tonight and picked it up!

WOW! I understand there are other games similar to this for PC and earlier consoles but this whole genre of games is new to me and now I'm Hooked!

I spent a good 6 hours tinkering with this game today and I absolutly love it!

Shattered Union is fun and much prettier but the sheer depth of DSVII stole the show for me.

SU is an extremely satisfying game online because you can actually finish a game in a reasonable amount of time whereas DSVII would be a daunting task played out online especially if you were be playing for a good 2 hours and one of the boxes drops a connection! I get frustrated just thinking about it.

A "dumbed down version" of DS might be interesting for XBOX Live play.
Though I'd like to see it done with the option to play with more than one opponent and even a co-op for online.

Regardless, I'm glad to see there is an active community for this game I'm sure I'll be calling on you for assistance!

Thanks for a great game Kemco!
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Sat 22, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jojo pumpkin wrote:
Regardless, I'm glad to see there is an active community for this game I'm sure I'll be calling on you for assistance!

Welcome to the community! We are all pretty quick about getting back to you if you need help with a particular strategy and if you haven't done so already, JVGFanatic's FAQ is truly superb.

Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Mon 24, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoJo Pumpkin,

As Semper said, welcome, and I hope you continue to enjoy DS! I like the avatar too! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Twisted Evil

Adoug
montyburnz

PostPosted: Oct Mon 24, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jojo pumpkin wrote:
I picked up Shattered Union Earlier this week and had mentioned it on another forum that I really liked that game but wished it was a little more complex. Somebody suggested that I check out Dai Senryaku VII so I ran out tonight and picked it up!

That could have been me if you're referring to teamxbox.com's forums.
Cool a new convert!!!
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Mon 24, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent... Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Tue 25, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

montyburnz wrote:
jojo pumpkin wrote:

That could have been me if you're referring to teamxbox.com's forums.
Cool a new convert!!!

I'm over on TXB as well. We have a Dai Sen thread? Or am I missing something. Shocked

montyburnz

PostPosted: Oct Tue 25, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a Shattered Union thread under game impressions and reviews.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: