Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMFG Disgaea 2!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> General Gaming Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Wed 19, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: OMFG Disgaea 2!!! Reply with quote

The lastest issue of Game Informer just came in the mail today and there was a preview of Disgaea 2! Shocked

I must say this is great news as now I can look forward to a new SRPG from the makers of some of the best SRPGs around and also a true sequel to my favorite and IMO one of the best period.

It's a full 2 page article and the slated release is Summer of 2006. Very Happy

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Thu 20, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely sweet news. I *really* wish that this sRPG craze had caught on years ago when titles such as Langrisser, Farland Saga, Black Matrix, and the like were being released in Japan. We even missed out on the Generation of Chaos thing (though the PSP is getting a version of that next year). Still, it's good that Nippon Ichi is doing gamers a real service by bringing their titles stateside.

Actually, I almost never think of companies "doing a service" because it all comes down to the bottom line for any corporation no matter how benevolent they may seem. It's important to note that it is we the fans who are doing the service by purchasing niche (and not-so-niche anymore) titles. "However," Nippon Ichi is really doing it right. They have gone so far as to present and respond to polls placed on their message boards, support dual language options in their games when possible, and seem to strive to bring all of the humor and fun that was present in the Japanese original (a surprising amount of charm is often lost when a game gets translated).

I find detractors of the NI titles hard to listen to. Many of them seem pretty ignorant of the history of imported games focusing on avoidable gameplay issues (Disgaea in particular has a lot of breadth and thus if one chooses to exploit the game then one will no doubt find a way) and completely missing what the games themselves represent to gamers. I can only hope that other game companies take note of NIS' job and follow suit if their business involves bringing games over from Japan.
Coarse Limely

PostPosted: Oct Thu 20, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted to like the first one, but it reduced the already slow pace of the Final Fantasy Tactics style to an intolerable crawl, in my opinion. Now Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is more my style. All the strategic planning elements of FFT, but with the ability to dash headlong into battle and start breaking things.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Fri 21, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coarse Limely wrote:
I really wanted to like the first one, but it reduced the already slow pace of the Final Fantasy Tactics style to an intolerable crawl, in my opinion. Now Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is more my style. All the strategic planning elements of FFT, but with the ability to dash headlong into battle and start breaking things.

Really? I felt that Disgaea had a faster pace than Final Fantasy Tactics. I still love both dearly, but I also love Disgaea because there was more use for the monsters than there was in FFT.

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> General Gaming Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: