Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dai Sen VS Shattered Union, the war is on!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which do you like better?
Dai Sen: MMO
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
Shattered Union
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Oct Sat 22, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jojo pumpkin wrote:
I'd like to add that my Androids in SU will crush you! Yes I said androids. There is a Political Reputation bar for your behavior in battle. If you are careful and considerate, meaning you just don't pound the hell out of a city leaving it in ruin, your approval goes up and you get "power-ups" for the greater good. Androids, Armor/Morale Boosts,Cruise Missles, Unit upgrades ect.

Interesting choice for PC correct upgrades.

jojo pumpkin wrote:
If you do choose to go to the dark side you can too. Destroy your enemies with no regard to the cities, roads and bridges and your approval rating drops giving you more maniacle upgrades like, Nukes, Carpet Bombs, Dirty Bombs, Napalm ect...

Since when is Carpet Bombing a bad thing? Laughing

Question is, can you get upgrades from both sides? Like if you were doing well and had a mean streak, or vice versa will the upgrades you had go away?

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The_Sacrament

PostPosted: Oct Sat 22, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno bout that quest Semper,but the game for the x box cost 40 dollars.The multiplayer is for X box ver only i believe.Also anyone that has shattered union online tell me your live tag,there isnt many people to play online.

General Dwight D. Eisenhower
jojo pumpkin

PostPosted: Oct Sun 23, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElricJC wrote:
Hmmm, now that kinda makes me want to go get Shattered Union Twisted Evil, and I didn't realize initially that it is Live compatible. I don't have live at the moment, but if I liked it in 1P, then I might play it in Multi. How much is it? Is it like a standard game (around $50), or is it priced around where DS VII was ($20)? I'm guessing its higher since the graphics are better. If it's abit pricey right now I might have to wait.

A good fomula for though on why XBOX Live games are priced where they are. If it's a $50 game it supports Live 3.0 meaning it supports CLANS and In game messaging. If it's less than $50 new the game was developed using the older version XBL dev pack!

$40 isn't bad for this game I would have paid $50.

SemperFi2382 wrote:

Question is, can you get upgrades from both sides? Like if you were doing well and had a mean streak, or vice versa will the upgrades you had go away?

The Upgrades are reliant on your Political rep. After each battle is when you can see in which direction your rep is heading. You start out with three power ups and as your rep grows either way more become available.

It appears that your rep moves one "click" at a time. It's progressive. So I would suggest deciding your alignment in the beginning so you can get to the height of your rep quicker.

While in battle your power ups are available after so many turns. There will be a number indicating how many turns you'll need to wait before you can unleash your fury.

Each faction has a select group of power ups as for which faction has what exactly, I'm not sure. There is little in the manual about it and poptop.com hasn't made any real info available yet!

When Playing an Online game you can slide your rep bar where ever you want and you can see what power ups will be available before you even go into battle.

The_Sacrament wrote:
...Also anyone that has shattered union online tell me your live tag,there isnt many people to play online.

Hit me up TS the tag is in my sig!

~Steel Rain~
JoJo Pumpkin - XBOX Live Gamertag
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Sun 23, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Sacrament wrote:
I dunno bout that quest Semper,but the game for the x box cost 40 dollars.The multiplayer is for X box ver only i believe.Also anyone that has shattered union online tell me your live tag,there isnt many people to play online.

I'm playing Shattered Union online. My Xbox Live tag is: Daniel Ruoss

Very original, huh? Confused

Last edited by DanielRuoss on Oct Sun 23, 2005 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: Oct Sun 23, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both games but prefer SU because the campaign is a real campaign. DS was just a bunch of missions. Secondly the units are more fragile, you have to plan your advances and defenses from your deployment as the game is based on capturing multiple cities to capture a territory. DS all that was required to win almost every map against any country is a transport chopper and 2 infantry on every difficulty level. It takes alot of the challenge out of the game, unless you decide not to use this tactic. You can't do that in SU.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Mon 24, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've ever seen an episode of "Monk"--about a compulsive detective--then you know how I am when I'm looking at bad UI.

Bad User Interface is something Shattered Union has in spades. It's clunky and so late 80's it isn't funny. Really, someone could use this game to write a paper on "how not to do things".

Anyway, strategy games (and PC games) almost all seem to have "bad UI affliction" so hey, we'll cut SU some slack and despite this flaw the game does offer some pretty flexible and free-form setup options for Free Play (Skirmish) mode.

Skirmish Mode options are Faction, Money and Morale (which affects special power availability).

There are 25 maps available at the start in Skirmish Mode.

The tutorials are brief, narrated but not subtitled (they lose points for lack of subtitling)

Unit selection seems good for this game. The limited selection makes "jump in and play" much easier.

The game does not support 480p and this works to the game's detriment, it looks sorta crude.

Scrolling, panning and zooming of the map in Shattered Union is very similar to (tho not NEARLY as smooth) Dai Senryaku VII.

I've not played enough of it to comment on play quite yet Smile
The_Sacrament

PostPosted: Oct Mon 24, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant get on live right now cus my sister is on the tv,but my name is Igotit8675309.Also isnt live out for 28 hours?or is that already over.

The_Sacrament

PostPosted: Oct Mon 24, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also to skip animation,press the start button.

jojo pumpkin

PostPosted: Oct Mon 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Sacrament wrote:
...Also isnt live out for 28 hours?or is that already over.

That should have started sometime today!

~Steel Rain~
The_Sacrament

PostPosted: Oct Wed 26, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright i added you and Daniel,Daniel hasnt accepted yet though.

DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Oct Wed 26, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Sacrament wrote:
Alright i added you and Daniel,Daniel hasnt accepted yet though.

Daniel hasn't accepted yet because Daniel has just been through a hurricane!

Wilma was a b*tch but nothing us Floridians can't handle. Cool Elections on the other hand...... Rolling Eyes

The power has just come back on so I'm cleaning out the email. I'll be sure to accept those friend invites as soon I power up the Xbox.
The_Sacrament

PostPosted: Oct Thu 27, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright,i didnt even know that you lived in florida.Im from wisconsin so that doesnt really devastate up here...

JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Oct Thu 27, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of anything resembling a ZONE OF CONTROL is making Shattered Union basically unplayable. I mean, I can work with the limitations and even bugs in just about any strategy game but Shattered Union is pretty much a joke because of this simple thing.

The manual, where ZOC is described, is so poorly worded that it seems as if it was tossed together at the last minute.

The whole section on combat in the manual (pages 5 to 12) is unindexed. We have indexes and subheadings for things like Game Controls and Faction Details but when it comes to Tactical Battles it's just kind of all tossed together (if you believe the index).

Oh how I love paying full price for unfinished crap...It's not like 2K games even cares enough to have forums of their own on which to gripe. Kemco and Dai Senryaku win, hands down.
jojo pumpkin

PostPosted: Oct Thu 27, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see where you're coming from JVGFanatic. This game was thrown in "under the radar". However, it is enjoyable online. It has an almost "cartoony" feel to it after a while.

I finished the campaign on medium and was very dissappointed. Once you get the upperhand financially it becomes a drag having to select your units, place them out on the map then kill two of his for him to surrender his territory. 8 or 9 times!

I'll spare you the ending. It was fun!

I will continue playing this game online and on skirmish as long as there are people playing it. But the campaign? again? I don't think so.

~Steel Rain~
MisterToad

PostPosted: Oct Thu 27, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVGFanatic wrote:
The lack of anything resembling a ZONE OF CONTROL is making Shattered Union basically unplayable. I mean, I can work with the limitations and even bugs in just about any strategy game but Shattered Union is pretty much a joke because of this simple thing.

Oh, man. You've got to be kidding. Surprised Somebody at the Wargamer posted that there is no ambush if you stumble into a hidden unit, or if the AI blunders into one of yours. The missing ZOC thing is starting to make sense now. It must make for, uh,....exceptionally fluid game play.

I was pumped up about this game at first, but the more I hear about it, the more I think maybe I'll just save my money for something else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: