Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backwards Compatibility
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGofCypress

PostPosted: Nov Sun 27, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Back compatability Reply with quote

Spent a few moments searching this forum for backwards compatibility for my fave xbox game. Therefore sharing what I found, I am sure someone will have more info than just what this common user has to offer, but here goes none the less.

Went to the "official" xbox site researching backward compatibility:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Unfortunately, our DS VII was not listed.

Does anyone have better info to share???
If not, please just lie to me.

Has anyone tried to run DS VII on the XBOX360???
Sanctine

PostPosted: Nov Sun 27, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it isn't on that list, then it probably won't run.

But look at this:
Quote:
A list of games that are currently backward compatible is available here and we will continue to add support for additional games over time.

I'm assuming that means Microsoft will be releasing more backwards compatible support via updates.

And this confirms it:
Quote:
Xbox Live Update
Getting the update free through Xbox Live is the best option because your console will be updated automatically as new games are supported.

In order to update your Xbox 360 console over Xbox Live, a broadband Ethernet connection to the Internet and an Xbox Live account are required. The Xbox Live account can be either a Gold or Silver membership.

So, I'd let my voice be heard, if I were you. Email them, or something, and let them know you want DSVII to be BC with the X360. It may not work, as I'm sure they get millions of emails every day, but it's better than nothing, right? Wink

You can read it all youself here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibility.htm
JGofCypress

PostPosted: Nov Sun 27, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very true ...

One voice is louder than none.

Thanks for the info, see you online.

PostPosted: Nov Mon 28, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug,

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it the game Publisher or Developer of the game responsible for making the game backwards compatible?

I thought I read this a while back in an article when Microsoft was only giving out little details about backwards compatible.

I really want this game to be backwards compatible, since it will probably be one of the few games that I will play, unless the next version of the game comes out for the Xbox 360, which could be easier.

Also any news on your comments found in KEMCO PLEASE READ
Adoug wrote:
]Ohh, like you stated, some people tend to lag off the forums after the initial release which is fine. I am sure when I announce whatever I need to, we will get the full crew back and more...

Adoug wrote:
]The only way to know is to stick around...of course, once it is posted, it would be all over the place as is the way of the internet...or, I might send out a mass email, one way or another. At any rate, the bait is on the hook, I am just waiting to cast.....

PS. I do like to see the dedication to the boards as I have seen. Kemco boards have quite the mix of people, but most are here to help one another which is a great thing.
[/quote]
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Mon 28, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I have not looked into Dai Sen for backwards playability on the 360, as I have several other more pressing issues to attend to. Dont take that as, "it is not important to me" just take it as I am busy with other things. I have heard that Ninja Gaiden was on the list for backwards playability, but in actuality did not play after all, I think I read that on Game Daily.com. Could be a misprint.

I dont believe it has a whole lot to do with the dev/pub, only because "Chicago Enforcer" was on the list as playable, but I have done nothing to make it backwards compatible and I doubt that Touchdown has either. So, I think the best bet would be for someone to give it a shot who owns a 360 and a copy of Dai Sen and post it. ( I dont own one yet, but will a little later, waiting on Oblivion.)

As far as the title announcement you were talking about, I have not forgot (hence one of the more important issues I was referring to earlier), I just cant quite announce it yet. I will as soon as I can.

Sorry this is not more of a concrete answer, but it is what I can give ya. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Nov Mon 28, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Mon 28, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Twisted Evil
veronus

PostPosted: Dec Sat 10, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: 360 won't run Dai Senryaku VII -- yet. Reply with quote

I got a 360 on launch day - the only game I saved from my original xbox collections was Dai Senryaku VII - so far - it has not made any of the updates. I tried with ver 1.0 - ver 1.1 and they released ver 1.2 last night but near as I can tell that update only added 5 games all Tom Clancy titles. I bet it will be soon though. Wink
CasaDeQueso

PostPosted: Dec Sat 10, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veronus,

So you did try playing DSVII on the 360 and it didn't work? What exactly happened?

PostPosted: Dec Sat 10, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed the link posted above and emailed Microsoft asking them to add this game to the list. Just many, if enough people email them they saying they would like this game added they will add the game.

My gut feeling is they won't, but hey it never hurts to try.

If the game won't be added I just hope the news Doug has when he comes back will be either about the 360 or porting the game to the PSP.

I would love it to be on the PSP, since it would be a nice fit, or better yet get the game on Xbox Live Arcade.

PostPosted: Dec Sat 10, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed
veronus

PostPosted: Dec Sat 10, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasaDeQueso wrote:
Veronus,

So you did try playing DSVII on the 360 and it didn't work? What exactly happened?

I've put it in every couple of days - whenever you put in an original xbox game it checks to see if the game is compatible and then it checks for an update. It comes up with a message box that basically says it's not compatible at this time but to keep on trying.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 15, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct. Keep trying. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Dec Thu 15, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you back Adoug, how´s Europe?
Blades

PostPosted: Dec Fri 16, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how Microsoft picks which games they will add next.

*Hint* Maybe we need a Kemco employee to email them with a solid sales pitch on why this game should be added to the compatiblity list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: