Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hooray for Dai Senryaku VII !!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Dec Mon 19, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Hooray for Dai Senryaku VII !!!!! Reply with quote

Our favorite game is up for an award! Of course I wish it was Game of The Year, but oh well.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/features/bestof2005/index.php?day=2&page=12
MySonsFanatic

PostPosted: Dec Mon 19, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Strategy Game Of The Year would have been good. DS7 was up against some extremely stiff PC competition though their choices at gamespot pretty much says it all about gamespot's lack of love for the genre.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Mon 19, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the link. I passed it along to some people who work here. That is cool. Glad to see that some people see it for what it is and look passed the "primitive" graphics. Hopefully it wins. On another note, I see Chicago Enforcer is in line for worst game of the year, but it is with other BIG name titles, so I dont feel bad, cause those other titles are BIG money titles too! Wink Twisted Evil

Last edited by Adoug on Dec Mon 19, 2005 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
DanielRuoss

PostPosted: Dec Mon 19, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
Hey, thanks for the link. I passed it along to some people who work here. That is cool. Glad to see that some people see it for what it is and look passed the "primitive" graphics. Hopefully it wins. On another note, I see Chicago Enforcer is in line for worst game of the year, but it is with other BIG name titles, so I dont feel bad, cause those other titles are BIG money titles. Wink Twisted Evil

Yeah, I saw the Chicago Enforcer thing too. I think it's kind of a cheap shot. There are games that came out this year that have a worse ranking than 'C.E.' yet they are spared. I agree with you that a 'worst' game nomination should be proportional to the cost of development. I mean, has anybody seen a CE TV ad? In the end it's just someone's opinion. And as a wise man once said, "Opinions are like......"
JGofCypress

PostPosted: Dec Tue 20, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Best "Budget Game" ... how about best in depth str Reply with quote

Okay ...
I need to calm down ... in-hale, ex-hale, repeat ...

I did not purchase this game because I am on a "Budget".
I bought this game because I read/researched/reflected on an in depth modern strat game. The only choice was DS7. I was rewarded for my effort.

I am of the age of "Arcades". Then I got my first pc: 8088.
Alright, enough of that nestolgia crap ...
I own multiple high end PCs, PS2, XBOX and when the 360 gets its act together, I will purchase, and the next PS too. Yes, I am fortunate.

Look, for XBOX, when you look for modern miliotary strat games, it is a VERY thin line-up.

Look no further, as of Dec 2005, DS7 is still the most fun and creative format for modern military strat games ...

Put that in your pipe and smoke it GameSpot ...

Smile
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Wed 21, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YA... Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: