Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

point 2 point xbox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smaug_the_dragon

PostPosted: Jan Wed 25, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: point 2 point xbox Reply with quote

I play this game with a friend weekly, and now I want to experiment. I want to set this up where we use two different tvs, and hence two different xboxes. I hope this means we don't see what the other is doing. I own an xbox, he owns one. So, I'm going to set up the two xboxes connected by a crossover cable. I'm hoping that when I do my moves, he doesn't see this, and vice-versa. Has anybody experimented? If not, I will report the results of my findings.
S4MUR41

PostPosted: Jan Wed 25, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be cool, does Dai Sen support system link?

Join the Ultimate Mech Platoon Fan Site and Forums!
Click my Signature Above and Join the Mech Platoon Fan Community!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Wed 25, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it does not support system link. Something we wanted to add, but just never got around to it due to time constraints, etc. Twisted Evil
S4MUR41

PostPosted: Jan Wed 25, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if it supports multiplayer via 2 controllers but if so like to see how it does over Xlink

Join the Ultimate Mech Platoon Fan Site and Forums!
Click my Signature Above and Join the Mech Platoon Fan Community!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Jan Wed 25, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If two or more people are playing on the same console (and that´s the only multiplayer way to go) of course someone will have to go blind somehow during others turn, that´s inevitable, but here´s a kind of a rule we use and get fair plays:

When passing the controller to the next player, the game must be on the end turn option menu, and fully zoomed on the x-1 y-1 hex (or any blind spot), so the receiving player can´t see s**t. Then the giving party ends turn and the receiver turn starts precisely on the same fully zoomed spot (in prescense of the parties), so the giving also can´t see enemy position. Fair play can be veryfied ate any time by the turn counter.

I insist, all the time before/after this method the enemy players must go blind somehow, otherwise the match should be declared void.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Thu 26, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As my memory serves you can play up to four players with four different controllers....like I said, as I remember....could be wrong, it has been awhile. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Jan Thu 26, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
If two or more people are playing on the same console (and that´s the only multiplayer way to go) of course someone will have to go blind somehow during others turn, that´s inevitable, but here´s a kind of a rule we use and get fair plays:

When passing the controller to the next player, the game must be on the end turn option menu, and fully zoomed on the x-1 y-1 hex (or any blind spot), so the receiving player can´t see s**t. Then the giving party ends turn and the receiver turn starts precisely on the same fully zoomed spot (in prescense of the parties), so the giving also can´t see enemy position. Fair play can be veryfied ate any time by the turn counter.

I insist, all the time before/after this method the enemy players must go blind somehow, otherwise the match should be declared void.

You can also have to remember to turn off the option to goto capitol every turn as well if I remember correctly. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MySonsFanatic

PostPosted: Jan Thu 26, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone should put this stuff into the faq.

hmmm

PostPosted: Jan Thu 26, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

You can also have to remember to turn off the option to goto capitol every turn as well if I remember correctly. Cool

I had forgot about that, the go to capitol option must be turned off
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: