Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the most unique of the batman games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Batman: Dark Tomorrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jubbly

PostPosted: Feb Sun 05, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: This is the most unique of the batman games Reply with quote

cos its not based on the new crappy film or the god awful tv shows. It may play like a pig but it still has the best atmosphere out of them all
MySonsFanatic

PostPosted: Feb Wed 08, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have to wonder about this title. I mean, I used to think that companies did not intentionally release bad video games...that if a video game was bad then something beyond anyone's control happened on the way to the game being made.

One wonders what happened with this game. It's as if the designer (if there was in fact a designer) thought that his way of doing things was right and everyone else (including quality assurance) be damned. While the story may be good and the game may be unique for a batman game (that is good) one must ask, "who dropped the proverbial ball?"

Pick almost any well-written review on the game and build a list of the faults this game has. What prevented, for example, the control scheme when moving from one screen to another from being done correctly? It looks as if the designer never played any other games that did this and felt inclined to invent some overly complicated mechanism that behaves as if it is smarter than the player. Why?

I can only assume that the developer (Hotgen for all platforms, I think) did not have the proper checks and balances in place to make good decisions.

Sorry this is so long, I have to run with no time to edit it down. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Batman: Dark Tomorrow All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: