Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A REAL life BATMAN..well, a real life Costume anyway.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Batman: Dark Tomorrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batman1989

PostPosted: May Wed 21, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: A REAL life BATMAN..well, a real life Costume anyway. Reply with quote

Hey Guys, If you've ever checked out my profile you'll read im into costuming. Ive been working On a BATMAN costume since Last year. Its similar to the version in Vegeance. Ive worked hard on this costume, And I thought I would share this to the members if this board.

Stay tuned! Im almost finished with this costume, and when im done Ill post images of the suit i made from stratch.

MP/B89
The knight

PostPosted: May Wed 21, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting to make a costume myself for quite a while. What materials are you using?
the scarecrow

PostPosted: May Wed 21, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and after you are done will you make me one for the right price???seriously!

can't wait...i love the Vengeance costume!

hurry with the pics!!!
View users profile Send private message
Batman1989

PostPosted: May Thu 22, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your Interest Guys! I was hoping you'd dig that Info. I have everything Done on it except The Mask, thats proving to be a challenge and a long hang-up in the completion process. Its coming to an end soon though.

The materials I used are nothing eleborate:

Pleather
Leather
Latex
Lycra/Spandex
Vinyl

And Various Paints and threads. It came out great, I studied many pictures and materials. Its not so easy transforming a 2D animated character... animated or Comic.. Into a Believable costume. Its taken me since before last Halloween to get this far..And Its a Lycra/Spandex Based Suit. I cant wait to finish it and post it for BAT-FANS..

MP/B89
Batman1989

PostPosted: Jun Tue 03, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time draws NEAR!!! I should have this suit finished by Weeks end!!! Keep your fingers crossed!

I know I am.... icon_rolleyes.gif

MP/B89
The knight

PostPosted: Jun Wed 04, 2003 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweeeeet! icon_smile.gif
Batman1989

PostPosted: Jun Sat 07, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: FINISHED AT LAST!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Here she is Guys!! In all Her glory......Months Later..My Completed Suit!!!!

MP/B89
Maniac

PostPosted: Jun Sat 07, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh snap! That's some great work!

I'm interested in knowing the options for the design. It looks like you took the body itself straight from the comics (boots, gloves, chest, cape), cape and cowl look like they're straight from the movie.

The utility belt looks like it's from Adam West's batman!

Awsome work!

-Maniac
the scarecrow

PostPosted: Jun Sun 08, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats awesome '89!! you gotta be proud.....great work!!!

i want one!!!!

now!!

great job ,bud!
Kemco_Tom

PostPosted: Jun Mon 09, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Latex, 89! That's a great suit - you must be pretty happy with the results I imagine. Congrats on completing your project in such a fine manner icon_smile.gif

And thanks for sharing the pic!

TK
TheDarkKnight

PostPosted: Jun Wed 11, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NNNNNNIIIIIIIIICCCCEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif
You should be proud 89', you really are good at that!
After all the excitement of seeing yours, I want to make one myself now, but I know I'd just screw it up!
Well done!

PS: How did you make the mask, it's FANTASTIC!
TheBat

PostPosted: Jun Mon 16, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that's actually very cool! I wish the films would incorporate the classic comic design, instead of putting actors in tons of leather and body armor. I still have nightmares of Batman and Mr. Freeze trying to fight each other- while both actors look as if they could barely move!

Anyway, nice job, 89. If it were me, I'd make an extra body suit complete with blood stains, rips and tears. Then I'd wear it, sans cowl, to answer the door whenever salesmen knocked.
Bat dude

PostPosted: Jul Thu 31, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[This post has been edited due to poor taste - Bat dude, please keep it clean. Thank you. Kemco_Tom]
Batman X

PostPosted: Oct Tue 14, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Costume is awesome. Maybe you can make me a replica costume of the original Batman costume from the 1989 version of the movie. I will pay you 300 bucks for it, but I need to see a picture of it first before I send in the money. You can e-mail me at and be sure to put this in the subject title..."Hi Batman X", otherwise I will just delete the e-mail. Let me know if you are willing to make the costume. I will pay extra for shipping and handling if nessisary.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website

PostPosted: Oct Thu 16, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

300.00 bucks will not even cover the expenses of a licensed costume, and those were cheap latex garbage. I know some friends in the prop hobbies..and a cowl alone is 300.00 icon_sad.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Batman: Dark Tomorrow All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum