Kemco Games Forum Index Kemco Games
Kemco Games Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dai Sen cheats (SPOILER WARNING)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but tyr's right what is the point of saving units then having to spend twice as much for them? That reduces their utility even if they are worth twice as much in combat terms. The AI will wipe out your leveled up units with multiple attacks in a turn then because it costs more to repair your leveled up units while the AI's units are cheaper to repair it will come back and destroy any heavily damaged units that were able to escape the previous turn, Bye bye "S" ranks hello AI capturing your cities.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
...Not to mention that in the REAL world, better units cost more money to train and maintain. I'd say that adds realism for me.

Not to mention, that you wouldn't waste your units because they cost so much.

Precisely the first things I thought about them. Truth be told I forgot about them most of the time. Much of the time I brought them out to just finish a level, near the end so to speak.

Then you wonder, would it cost that much more to send out seasoned troops than it does to build a new bunch of weaponry? Armor plating anyone?

If I had been given the opportunity to rename the units (the unit of course would have a default name but you could display either) then that would be a different story...also if it had a numerical scale of levels (1...?). Daisenryaku 1941 has both of those features and if you check your release dates...well...nevermind.

The question then becomes, Would you pay fifty bucks instead of twenty if Kemco did a Working Designs makeover (adding features like renaming units, and another button code for our tyrant)? More saves! (1941 has more saves...still limited though)
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Sat 12, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kemco, where is the *weather* cheat?
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Sun 13, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVG...hate to disappoint, but there is no weather cheat in my bag O tricks.. Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Sun 13, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeviousPENGUIN wrote:
Yeah but tyr's right what is the point of saving units then having to spend twice as much for them? That reduces their utility even if they are worth twice as much in combat terms. The AI will wipe out your leveled up units with multiple attacks in a turn then because it costs more to repair your leveled up units while the AI's units are cheaper to repair it will come back and destroy any heavily damaged units that were able to escape the previous turn, Bye bye "S" ranks hello AI capturing your cities.

Rolling Eyes

Don't use them on defense. Laughing

Use them to mow down the enemy. Twisted Evil

At least, for me they don't seem to die so fast. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DeviousPENGUIN

PostPosted: Mar Mon 14, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I buy them right at the start and send them as the force to first contact the enemy they invariably run into the AI's entire force and are then overwhelmed. From now on they will just be used to mop-up as someone else posted, what a waste.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Mon 14, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real cheat (well, there are two...) but the only worthwhile cheat I want now is the one that turns off fog of war.

An explanation as to whether it turns off AI's FoW as well would be nice.
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Mon 14, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeviousPENGUIN wrote:
If I buy them right at the start and send them as the force to first contact the enemy they invariably run into the AI's entire force and are then overwhelmed. From now on they will just be used to mop-up as someone else posted, what a waste.

Well, I found that the turning point where you start pushing them back is also a good point to bring in the high ranks. Cool

"The Object is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - General Patton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Iron Giant

PostPosted: Mar Tue 15, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, I've tried to use these unlockables, but nothing happens. Do you type them at the mains screen where its flashing "press start" with the picture of the fighter on the screen?

also, this latest unlockable of additional ammo, before I unlock it, what does it do exactly? can I turn it on and off? does it just give the player more ammo than the AI gets?

gracimos.
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Tue 15, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been entering them at the main menu, after I've pressed start.

You enter them in a deliberate manner, no fast presses, just take your time. Start with the X button, then the code, then the X button again.
DoubleTap

PostPosted: Mar Tue 15, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi2382 wrote:
DeviousPENGUIN wrote:

Well, I found that the turning point where you start pushing them back is also a good point to bring in the high ranks. Cool

Agreed. Also, some S level units are more useful than others. An S level tank is better than other tanks, but is still a front line unit that's vulnerable to being overrun if unsupported. An S level ATACMS, on the other hand can rain death down on the enemy and still be safe behind your front lines. S level air units can usually get out of trouble if neccessary, so they're harder to gang up on.
Adoug
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Tue 15, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New cheat is up my arm chair generals! Twisted Evil
SemperFi2382

PostPosted: Mar Tue 15, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoug wrote:
New cheat is up my arm chair generals! Twisted Evil

All Recon units eh? Does that mean we can use all of them regardless of nation? Or does it unlock them all if we haven't yet. Twisted Evil

Iron Giant

PostPosted: Mar Thu 17, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, looking for clarification prior to pulling the trigger:

What does the extra ammo and the All Recon cheats do? Can you turn them off?

How many of these unlockables are there??

Inquiring minds want to know! Shocked
JVGFanatic

PostPosted: Mar Fri 18, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can turn cheats off by restarting. As to the other questions, we could sure use ADoug here Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kemco Games Forum Index -> Dai Senryaku VII Modern Military Tactics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: